Who controls the beach seating?

Hal65

On 13/09/2016 at 3:59 AM, Keesters said:

You pay for a drink, you pay for a meal and then you have to pay for a chair to sit in and consume it. What kind of restaurant is that?

One can order food and drink from one of the vendors without sitting down.

On September 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM, KittenKong said:

And maybe they should get a real job instead of expecting to earn a living from just providing chairs? Of course that would require some effort and so is probably not a desirable option.

What an asinine comment. Something I would expect from a useless middle manager or maybe insurance broker. Which were you?

The family I have been renting chairs from the last 8 years near Soi 1 have been there over 30 years.  They literally run day to night looking after their customers. Never any garbage laying around and the sidewalk always swept. 

On September 12, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder if any other country in the world uses the military to organise beach chairs. It's funny, the things people regard as normal when they are in Thailand.

You may have missed it but Thailand is presently being ruled by a military jauntha.

On 9/13/2016 at 10:42 PM, chicowoodduck said:

On a good day if I sit near the Amari ot Tavern by the Sea I can pick-up their Wifi.....the wind has to be blowing in the right direction and my password and sign-in working.....just a small perk, the chair is extra....?

wi-fi signals aren't affected by the wind unless you were blown away too far outside the range:P

On 16/09/2016 at 5:53 AM, PattayaBoy said:

Well when i went to spain they charged like 20 euros for the day for chair and umbrelas and small beer was 10 euros. That was rip off, think it was Majorca island.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lol ok mate if you say so !!

On 9/13/2016 at 8:42 AM, KittenKong said:

And maybe they should get a real job instead of expecting to earn a living from just providing chairs? Of course that would require some effort and so is probably not a desirable option.

A "real job"? First, it's not a just "job", it's a business. People selling fruit from carts idem dito. People driving motorbikes to take kids to school idem dito. But I get it - you kind of feel that people in the services industry are beneath you. 

On 14/09/2016 at 5:29 AM, whitemouse said:

Wifi  seems to close at around 6pm.  If you want to avoid the sun, your best bet to catch wifi is between 5.30  and 6pm, sun is almost down, but wifi is still open.  But then the issue of those 40 baht chairs arises again, you mentioned you wish to avoid them, but wifi is provided by the chair people.   Ughh!

It seems you need to figure out how to avoid paying for the beach chair, yet get to enjoy the free wifi. Maybe lay down on the sand next to chair area,  hopefully wifi coverage is strong enough and you can successfully hook up. But then there's the issue of sun again (maybe bring your own umbrella?)  Then there's the wifi password, only the chair people have the password.. I'm out of ideas now. 

Haha sounds like one of those guys that has a 4 hour coffee in Starbucks as he enjoys free wifi then gets the shits if staff have the audacity to ask him to move on.