September 14, 201610 yr Hi, I´m a bit confussed, it´ll be my first time to Thailand, I need a tourist visa valid for 30 days, single entry one (I´m from Uruguay), but will be travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia and back again to bangkok (my flight is to and from BKK). I´ve been told by the Thai Counsulate here that I should get a re entry visa for my purpose, but that would take about 5 or 6 hours...! Nothing I´ve read so far on web confirms that, but I want to be sure. I´ll be flying out of DMK to Phnom Penh, so I guess that´s where I must get it... Any help apreciated, as my other option would be to get a multi entry visa but that costs 200 USD! and I´ll be just a month travelling. Thanks!
September 15, 201610 yr It is a Re Entry Permit not a visa. It keeps your stay alive and does not add any time. Get it at DMK before leaving. Takes about 30 minutes I am told. 1,000 Baht fee.
September 15, 201610 yr A tourist visa will entitle you to a 60 day stay. If you leave and want to come back you need to get a re-entry permit. Can be done at DMK and It does not take 5-6 hours. 1000 Baht for a single re-entry permit.
September 15, 201610 yr A tourist visa allows a 60 day entry not 30 days. Or are you applying for a transit visa that allows a 30 day entry. You might want to ask the consulate if they will issue you a 2 entry transit visa that would allow you two 30 day entries. As said you can get a re-entry permit at Don Mueang airport on departure from the country. The office to get it is just after the departure immigration desks. You will need 4 X 6 cm photo.
September 15, 201610 yr Author Thanks for your answers!! I the tourist visa I get is for 3 months, that was my mistake when writing the question . But I confirm that the info from the thai consulate in Uy is not accurate (as I suspected!) as they say I need a "re entry VISA, cost: 2000 Baht and having to wait 6 hours..".! I´ll get my permit then!
September 15, 201610 yr Your Tourist visa will get you permission to stay of 60 days. The 3 month valid period is the time you have to use the visa. The consulate is wrong about the cost of the re-entry permit and the length of time required to get it. Edited September 15, 201610 yr by Smokin Joe correct word
September 15, 201610 yr 45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: You will need 4 X 6 cm photo. They now require two photos there. One for the regular form, the other for the "intrusive personal information" form.
September 15, 201610 yr 2 hours ago, Oxx said: They now require two photos there. One for the regular form, the other for the "intrusive personal information" form. I spoke to them last week. You also need photocopies of your main passport page, visa page and departure card. If they are not busy they said they can do the photocopies.
September 15, 201610 yr As you state you will be visiting Cambodia and Vietnam you may want to consider getting a multi re-entry Permit at a cost of 3,800 baht. 1,000 baht is only for a single re-entry Permit.
September 15, 201610 yr Just a question. Are you returning to Bangkok for another stay or just to transit? If in transit no re entry is required. Your post is not clear on time out of the 3 months where you will be.
September 15, 201610 yr Author 2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said: Just a question. Are you returning to Bangkok for another stay or just to transit? If in transit no re entry is required. Your post is not clear on time out of the 3 months where you will be. I´ll be returning to go south to the beach and then back home from bangkok... thanks!
Create an account or sign in to comment