Bangkok entertainment raids continue - promotions encouraging drinking targeted!

webfact

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Police closed the bars on Sukhumvit Soi 11 at midnight last night.  

I was in Oskar Bar.  

Does not bode well for Bangkok's nightlife scene and business owners and will drive tourists away in droves once word gets out that Bangkok isn't party friendly.

Bad enough that there are such draconian anti drug laws, but if you can't even drink past midnight how are you supposed to have fun.

I don't disagree but do these places really have to stay open the whole night? What's wrong with an early dinner, going to a club for a few hours and being home by midnight? It makes the following morning more enjoyable.

They seem to be staying away from Patpong and Thaniya: I wonder why that is.

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

I don't disagree but do these places really have to stay open the whole night? What's wrong with an early dinner, going to a club for a few hours and being home by midnight? It makes the following morning more enjoyable.

It's about having a choice.  Sometimes dinner at 19:30, followed by drinks until 23:00 then home is nice although it rarely happens.

Other times the night starts more or less the same time, but you opt to forego dinner and get right into the drinks, the night becomes more fun and at 04:00 you are still having a blast.  So why would you want to go home.   

As for Patpong I think I've been there less than 6 times in 8 years.  It's a shit hole.    

I go out several times a week on average, too boring sitting alone on my condo every night.

11 hours ago, Prbkk said:

But some of don't leave our house till 10 pm. The hours you describe are what I do when I'm working - not on holiday! 

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Does not bode well for Bangkok's nightlife scene and business owners and will drive tourists away in droves once word gets out that Bangkok isn't party friendly.

Good

Bad enough that there are such draconian anti drug laws, but if you can't even drink past midnight how are you supposed to have fun.

I can think of one or two things...

Nana plaza was shut down at 1:00 am as well. Nobody understood why and tonight all management and bar staff I asked were baffled as to why or what is going on. There was no police presence at all either. Just the lights unexpectedly came on and we were barked at to pay up and leave. Yet, not surprisingly, the sidewalks were alive with all manner of sidewalk drinkeries which I assume were allowed to continue as usual until sunrise. I have seen and occasionally been on the receiving of far more problems at these places than say Nana plaza bars or Soi 11 bars. Again, it is not about protecting anyone from anything as they claim their strong arm tactics with  the internet are about and more about corruption and self interest.

On ‎15‎/‎9‎/‎2559 at 11:39 AM, shirtless said:

These police must have been in Australia , they are all killjoys good luck with this you have many more pressing issue s  so you must take the one that is the least priority first . 

Maybe post a comment BEFORE you start drinking...!

Archived