Quotes inside quotes.... Where did it go?

Strange

Unless I'm doing something wrong, why can you only quote the most recent post in a thread? I mean, I now when pyramid quotes get out of control its annoying but I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to limit them. 

A lot of context gets lost on anything that goes over 2 pages. 

And no, multi quote is not the same thing. 

Also, why is there no quote link on the OP of a thread? 

Again takes your statement out of context when the thread is over 2 pages, and you are trying to hit a few points of the OP and there is no reference. 

Yes you can scroll, copy paste, page back and forth but dang... 

51 minutes ago, Strange said:

Unless I'm doing something wrong, why can you only quote the most recent post in a thread? I mean, I now when pyramid quotes get out of control its annoying but I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to limit them. 

A lot of context gets lost on anything that goes over 2 pages. 

And no, multi quote is not the same thing. 

re. multi-nested quotes: I totally agree and it's been discussed many times in the New Site Feedback thread, e.g. here:

17 minutes ago, Strange said:

Also, why is there no quote link on the OP of a thread? 

Again takes your statement out of context when the thread is over 2 pages, and you are trying to hit a few points of the OP and there is no reference. 

Yes you can scroll, copy paste, page back and forth but dang... 

The ability to quote the OP in a thread was removed years ago apparently because people did not like to see the OP quoted over and over again.

In order to quote the OP, you can select it all using your mouse and a "Quote this" link pops up. I don't know how to do it on a tablet or phone. This has also been discussed in the thread quoted above.