how much is you pension?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP didn't say how much he is getting himself, which I find odd!

Since I am below 55, I still have a long way to go before any pensions can be had.

I have found out that in order to get pension from my home country, I have to been living there for 30 years, counting from 18 until pension age; 67 (oh shit it's 68 now). I am 3 years short, so are thinking about moving my address home for some years at some stage.

Then I can get app 9.000US$ per year but I will be taxed of that, bastards.

Thinking about it, hardly worth it man.

3 hours ago, petedk said:

After Brexit, probably 0 pounds. 

Having spent my entire working life in another EU country I get nothing from UK. Will be regarded as a foreigner in the other country. Spent the last 5 years in Thailand so lose everything.

Have you paid anything into the UK state coffers ? Or do you think you deserve a pension just because of where you were born.

I m under 50 and paid just a little for my retirement, but not enough to live decently as I have worked and live in foreign country most of the time and didn't work very much . so 0 for me. I don't believe the retirement system will exist in 15 tears time. oh yes you will still get retirement at 105 years old. lol

retirement has been invented after the 2nd world war and at the time there were 7 workers for 1 retire . now we have 2 workers for 1 retired. and soon 1 worker for 3 retired. .
do you see the trend here ? do you think it s improving in a good way or in a bad way.?

instead I saved good money already.
and in case I finish on the streets, I will ask for assistance. and then I will probably live like a king. free housing free food free pocket money free transport free holiday to Thailand... and worse case, I apply as a refugee in Germany.... lol

From home country no idea think I have to wait to 68 for whatever pitancevthey give in state benifits  (if I would have known this att 15 when I started paying in would have gone on the dole) forces/private pensions moved off shore so they cant touch any for tax.

Get both now as you recived when you leave if served full 22 years.  Invest all pension recived. Live off house rentals/teachers pay/wifes buisness. Happy bunnies

11 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Since I am below 55, I still have a long way to go before any pensions can be had.

I have found out that in order to get pension from my home country, I have to been living there for 30 years, counting from 18 until pension age; 67 (oh shit it's 68 now). I am 3 years short, so are thinking about moving my address home for some years at some stage.

one of my private pensions starts at 55...............in 2  years, but ill  just let it  accumulate in a Uk bank until its 10k or so then once a year get a dirty floozy and go crazy etc etc

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, currently not a pension but my investments give me $47,000 USD a year.  I am 59 1/2 and if I retire early at 62 1/2, my US Government social security payment will be about $2,000 a month, depending on exactly what my last few years of pay are.  I don't have any company pension.

I am currently employed in Thailand and will work until I do not want to any longer. Just depends what wife and I decide. With that said I have a ways to go to start SS bennies but have paid in enough to acquire full benefits when I can.  So SS + investments the numbers GK10002000 stated are close to what my wife and I plan that we will likely live on ($50K or so). With everything paid for that should allow us to live quite comfortably and if I should croak my wife will be comfortable albeit we are not that far apart in age and she is setting up things for me here in the event something should happen to her. 

11 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

So you have been paying into the system for 27 years?  And need three more?  Have you researched that?  If you did get a pension of 9000USD a year you could file a tax return but without other income wouldn't earn enough to be taxed.  Under 65 you need 10,300 USD of W2 income, over 65 you need over 11,850USD to be required to even file a tax return.  However if you are self employed it only 400USD.  There are other reasons to file a tax return even if you do not pay taxes.  You could qualify for an Earned Income refund for example.  Google is a wonderful thing.

As for my pension income that is no one's business but mine and the IO.

24 minutes ago, kannot said:

i dont believe you:rolleyes:

And rightly so! 

But given the OP´s usually utterly stupid threads that he starts just to wind people up, I thought that a stupid question/thread is asking for a stupid answer and so he got one from me. That´s all.... ;)

Not that it is really any of your business, but I will tell you anyway.

I get $1790 U.S. monthly.

I started paying when I started working at age 15, and retired at age 64.

Since September 2014 it has been sent direct deposit to my Bangkok Bank account.

I have a 3 month rental contract with the place where I live in Bangkok, but I pay rent monthly

My rent runs betwen 18K and 19K Baht monthly.

Another 2K baht each month for meals sometimes 3K baht. (there is a resaurant downstairs where I live where breakfast is less than 200 Baht a day).

Depending on dollar/baht  exchange rate I usualy get about 60K Baht each month and I have about 40K Baht leftover each month, which goes into my bank account.

Edited by IMA_FARANG