Foreigners arrested in raid on Nana 'Ethiopian Restaurant'

snoop1130

Foreigners arrested in raid on Nana 'Ethiopian Restaurant'

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

987645.png

Officers question foreigners after a drug raid early Friday morning on Soi Sukhumvit 3 in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — More than 100 police, military, and anti-narcotics officers raided a six-story entertainment establishment on Soi Sukhumvit 3 early Friday morning where they detained 55 foreign nationals for questioning.

The raid included officers from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau who found 12 people who tested positive for drugs, while another 15 were not carrying passports. One was found to have overstayed their visa.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/16/1464777303/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-16

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I quite like Ethiopian restaurants.Their  coffee is usually kick ass. 

This place however would seem to have held other attractions.  

Maybe you now know why their coffee is the way it is ?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/16/1464777303/

Police said they are investigating the immigration status of the foreigners without passports and sent the confiscated hookahs to the Lumpini Police Station.:clap2::lol:

Understandable, hookahs on Soi 3, hookers on Soi 4. 

53 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Keep on raiding their hangouts until they find another country to do their dirty work in.

These lowlifes spoil the scene for all of us.

Their encroachment into Soi 4 is suredly driving away the western falang from the area and taking away revenue for the girls, bars and others who rely on this income including those who collect the monthly donation to the Policeman's Ball. These days wandering up Soi 4 is like walking up Burka Avenue.

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I ate there before. It had a lot of atmospherics.

You mean they put something funny in your food.

If you look hard enough you can see Bungle and Zippy in the wallpaper....

Rainbow.jpg

hang on, I thought they had decided that there were to be no pics of suspects or was that only for thai people so they dont lose face, seems it doesnt include farangs, no surprise at all

Edited by seajae

as far as carrying the passport around, there have been numerous posts on Thai Visa.  The official rule and law is still unclear.  Most believe that carrying color photocopy of the ID page and the current visa stamp page are sufficient.  But I have heard of cases where the police still drag you down to the station.  If traveling alone, I don't know what else one could do.  There is nobody I could send to go to my hotel room safe and fetch my passport for the police to see.  Or maybe the police will go with you to your hotel at their leisure which might take some hours or days before they get around to it while you languish in the jail? 

Come on Thailand, make a universal statement on what is sufficient for tourists to do.  Most tourists would never want to carry their passport around with them at all times, and locking it up in the hotel safe is the best thing to do.  Carry copy for sure

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

So the law in Thailand now is that you need to carry your passport around with you at all times or this will happen to you. (See photo of today's cafe raid).

Xenophobia is reaching new heights in Happy land.

1474039598422.jpg

Does this bus have a tv,ac and wc?

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

So the law in Thailand now is that you need to carry your passport around with you at all times or this will happen to you. (See photo of today's cafe raid).

Xenophobia is reaching new heights in Happy land.

1474039598422.jpg

You were always supposed to carry your passport, nothing new just enforced when it serves a purpose.

13 hours ago, DeaconJohn said:

Keep on raiding their hangouts until they find another country to do their dirty work in.

These lowlifes spoil the scene for all of us.

Buddha spare us from such paragons of virtue.

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

locking it up in the hotel safe is the best thing to do

I bet it's safer at home on a hidden place or in a safe.

Even if i would carry it with me all days they could at least give all farang a waterproof cover at Swampy.

13 hours ago, Mudlover said:

15 were not carrying passports? So what?

We have been advised time after time on this forum that carrying passports is not necessary. May be sensible to have a copy with you.

Why is this issue continually being raised by the media, and presumably by the police/military?

10 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

We have been advised time after time on this forum that carrying passports is not necessary. May be sensible to have a copy with you.

Why is this issue continually being raised by the media, and presumably by the police/military?

£ $ € ThB.

11 hours ago, seajae said:

hang on, I thought they had decided that there were to be no pics of suspects or was that only for thai people so they dont lose face, seems it doesnt include farangs, no surprise at all

There are no farang faces visible and identifiable in that photo. 

food is not bad there. have eaten at one of those places. ethiopian coffee is world renowned due to soil and growing conditions.

the africans at sukumwit that hang out blatantly dealing could not have done it so long without some official endorsement-cooperation. guess the raids done by non privy factions. 

12 hours ago, Squeegee said:

You mean they put something funny in your food.

If you look hard enough you can see Bungle and Zippy in the wallpaper....

Rainbow.jpg

Another creepy 1970s Jimmy Saville type? There'll always be an England...