Foreigners arrested in raid on Nana 'Ethiopian Restaurant'

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Jools said:

What an insane distortion of what I said and intended. Rule of law is the norm in virtually every civilized country. I expect justice, not attempts to extract bribes. Your invitation to "piss off to another country" reveals your chav/eurotrash/yobbo mentality which infects so many interactions in Thailand.

I don't think the "chav/eurotrash/yobbo" mentality applies to someone who's just been able to adapt to the way things can be here.

People with that type of mentality are far more likely to kick off ( a bit like what you're doing, actually) 

You won't last much longer here if you carry on the way you are - if they police don't give you a slap (figuratively speaking) then a stroke will

Chill out, take the rough with the smooth or go somewhere else because you're boring the shit out of everyone

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Agree. One of the key lines in almost every one of these reports about people being detained because they didn't have passports is that they don't specify if anyone was carrying a copy.

Or have i missed that? If somebody was stopped in suspicious circumstances (or not as many of these raids indicate) and they were not in possession of any visual identification, then yes, IMO, there would be grounds for further investigation by the police.

But i have never seen people with copies stated as being detained.

On 18/09/2016 at 1:08 PM, gk10002000 said:

stop being silly.  This is  a very relevant and important issue in Thailand because many officials are handling it differently, and it is rarely a good idea to have the passport on you in every day activities.  It is too easy to lose, get stolen.  Going to the beach and leaving it on the beach chair, never mind a more aggressive robbery.

Then do you leave your wallet behind, what if you lose it or get robbed, the thing is don't lose it, don't he careless and reckless, carry your passport on you at all times is the smart thing to do, mine is in a plastic wallet and if I go to the beach it's in a ziplock sandwich bag so it doesn't get wet. I also carry a International License when I ride a motorbike, I don't believe in giving the police etc. any excuses. I usually only wear cargo pants and shorts for this exact purpose, plenty of big pockets to secure stuff in.