Training thai kid's to play football.

Hutch68

Hi

I am teaching my oldest lad and 5 of his buddies to play football, that would be soccer to the American members. I got them a couple of goal posts knocked up at the bottom of the garden and I'm thinking of taking on a few more kid's to teach and make a full team to compete against other teams if their are any around but firstly would this be illegal and has anyone ever done this kind of thing? We have a kick about 3 times a week now and the boys are coming on well, please your thoughts, advice and anyone who knows of kid's local football please post.

Thanks in advance, Hutch.

• Like 1

Hey Buddy,

Good for you. 

Never to early to get kids started in sports and drills.

And even better you want to help other kids...one of the greatest gifts is to be able to teach kids how to develop their abilities....but just remember no good deed goes unpunished...

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Nonsense.  Hey, good on ya, OP!

I agree but just wait until some jealous /nasty/angry/simple/frustrated or other decides that old mate is engaged in work that a Thai can do, paid or not. Particularly if he gets a whole team up to competition level and starts beating local teams coached by Thais, perhaps. Nonsense yes but there are a lot of things that go on in this country that boggle the mind of any reasonable person. 

26 minutes ago, starky said:

I agree but just wait until some jealous /nasty/angry/simple/frustrated or other decides that old mate is engaged in work that a Thai can do, paid or not. Particularly if he gets a whole team up to competition level and starts beating local teams coached by Thais, perhaps. Nonsense yes but there are a lot of things that go on in this country that boggle the mind of any reasonable person. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I find where a lot of farang run into trouble in LOS is because they have too great of an attachment to outcome. The OP is working with good intention and seems to derive pleasure from his act of giving. Everything after that is just a bonus.

• Like 2

Good on ya, well done OP but l think you need to say where are and l think a different forum on here would be better for info maybe.

Not that interested in football myself only say world cup but l can spot talent when l see it there is a young lad here who l see and l'm going to the local football team to see when he could be seen.

Hate to see talent go to waste. 

• Like 1

It is not that much easy to teach football without a proper idea about the game. First of all you should teach them to handle the balls and provide a overall idea. Then everything become get easy for them. Better to choose the small ground for teaching at the first time. So that they can get the idea very well. Many of the people spend their holiday in Thailand. They know it is the best place for enjoying their Thailand holidays. Be cool and feel free to tell anything to your members.

Edited by christopheryoakum

3 hours ago, christopheryoakum said:

It is not that much easy to teach football without a proper idea about the game. First of all you should teach them to handle the balls and provide a overall idea. Then everything become get easy for them. Better to choose the small ground for teaching at the first time. So that they can get the idea very well. Many of the people spend their holiday in Thailand. They know it is the best place for enjoying their Thailand holidays. Be cool and feel free to tell anything to your members.

Come again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hutch68 said:

How would it help if I told you my location if it would be legal or not if I took things further than a kick about in my garden?

Sorry I thought you were asking if anyone knew teams to play against.

Of course it isn't illegal. It's called sport. You are paranoid.

Just now, Johnniey said:

Sorry I thought you were asking if anyone knew teams to play against.

Of course it isn't illegal. It's called sport. You are paranoid.

I'm not paranoid, I'm going to do it regardless. There's no need to get nasty.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2016 at 2:53 PM, christopheryoakum said:

It is not that much easy to teach football without a proper idea about the game. First of all you should teach them to handle the balls and provide a overall idea. Then everything become get easy for them. Better to choose the small ground for teaching at the first time. So that they can get the idea very well. 

https://channguyenvong.com/