English counterfeiters face extended stay in Thailand - in the slammer

rooster59

44 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

You have to be joking, little more than a schoolboy prank and 1 year I think would be excessive :) Would be enough to make them see the error of their ways !

One note on one occasion can lead to 2.5 years jail here. This lot will go down for at least 8 and could well be bounced back in again upon release if further evidence surfaces while they're inside!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

You have to be joking, little more than a schoolboy prank and 1 year I think would be excessive :) Would be enough to make them see the error of their ways !

I was under the opinion that anything to do with forging banknotes was life, whatever it's a very serious offence here they wont get away with even 10 years

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I was under the opinion that anything to do with forging banknotes was life, whatever it's a very serious offence here they wont get away with even 10 years

they were not caught forging the notes but passing off fake notes as real. it is different.

19 minutes ago, jabis said:

I'm amazed how one could find it in their minds that _any_ crime pays in one of the most notorious nations regarding criminal laws :coffee1: Ask 'em 5 years through the term and I'd hegde they'd agree.

drug mules take a chance so did these guy hoping to get away with it. 

1 minute ago, sahibji said:

they were not caught forging the notes but passing off fake notes as real. it is different.

Yes i realize that which is why i said 'anything to do with forging banknotes'. They had a lot on them, not just the odd note, so they were working for forgers, conspiracy to circulate forged banknotes, could be life, but if not i would say more than 10 years.

28 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Must have some sympathy...Brexit has hit them hard.

i am  not sure if Brexit comes into the equation. these were a groups of people trying their luck and got caught. if the consequences of brexit have made such a difference on their lives, then do not travel for the time being.

43 minutes ago, evadgib said:

One note on one occasion can lead to 2.5 years jail here. This lot will go down for at least 8 and could well be bounced back in again upon release if further evidence surfaces while they're inside!

no, this was not a school boy prank. they came organised but did not realise that the Thai authorities are efficient and the CCTV age helps to catch offenders sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, sahibji said:

drug mules take a chance so did these guy hoping to get away with it. 

There was a show called "banged up abroad" that had dozens of farang stories in BKK Hilton - really sad to watch what one's stupidity can end up resulting in. Way way more sad that people with knowledge about the possible end game do it.

58 minutes ago, Taco said:

Good news is the new Koh Phangan police station and jail is almost finished so they should get a clean room!

jail time is no fun time, however clean and neat the room. a lot of goes on in the institution that you will shudder to think about.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

Transport them to a penal colony ........Australia!!  The land of convicts.

I couldn't help myself, and wanted to be first.

my God that  is hard hitting. some of the australians' ancestors were convicts but the majority of the  present population are not.

1 hour ago, BKKdreaming said:

I feel for the shop owners who are out  the real money they exchanged , 

if there is a "deal" made to let them go back to the UK , I hope the shop owners get paid back  x 2 

But like is said above , these punks did not print the money ,  I wonder how much they paid for a 20 pound note ?

I wonder how long before UK papers will be bitching about the bad conditions in Thai jails for these punks !

there are not going back the UK any time soon and the newspapers there  will have not business to comment about the Thai institutions.

Also..... In Pattaya I have an American friend who went to Phnom Pehn, in Cambodia and in the Marketplace found somebody selling decent looking US $100 bills by the 100 piece bundles for just a couple US dollars.....   He bought a bundle and brought them back to Thailand just for 'Novelty"................ Not a thought entered his mind until I told him blatently what a fool he was and what 'could have' happened to him if immigration had discovered those fake bills in his possession..........

A nice guy and good friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but not the 'brightest star in the sky'........................

20 minutes ago, sahibji said:

thailand is a civilized country with an established judicial system. let due process take course rather than being emotional about the issue.

Thailand civilized ??????    Ha Sip - Ha Sip....... (That is 50/50 if you don't know Thai language)................. But for this offence I think the law will act approprietly,,,,,,,,

I think we all hope for them to Pay the price for their crime when proven guilty, as they likely will be.............

9 minutes ago, sahibji said:

my God that  is hard hitting. some of the australians' ancestors were convicts but the maj $ority of the  present populateion are not.

Just light hearted comment.

I agree with.  I'm Australian and often see the ridiculous comment that I made, so thought I'd spare the first smart ar$e the trouble and get In first.

28 minutes ago, sahibji said:

i am  not sure if Brexit comes into the equation. these were a groups of people trying their luck and got caught. if the consequences of brexit have made such a difference on their lives, then do not travel for the time being.

I think he was making a joke.

15 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Also..... In Pattaya I have an American friend who went to Phnom Pehn, in Cambodia and in the Marketplace found somebody selling decent looking US $100 bills by the 100 piece bundles for just a couple US dollars.....   He bought a bundle and brought them back to Thailand just for 'Novelty"................ Not a thought entered his mind until I told him blatently what a fool he was and what 'could have' happened to him if immigration had discovered those fake bills in his possession..........

A nice guy and good friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but not the 'brightest star in the sky'........................

SEA-region actually buy craploads of fake bills for new years and other celebrations - you only need a receipt that you legally purchased it as far as I know - though color of your skin might make a difference in immigration.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Not sure I understand the terms "fools" and "idiots" when it comes to describing criminals.   "Chancers" may be better.....thieves seem to be willing to risk a lot on the fact that they believe they will get away with it.

I have met the odd "fool" and "idiot".....they wouldn't have the intellect to go about committing a crime.

Uh oh I ve read an unmasked guy commits robbery at a bank in Manitoba and comes to deposit the money at his bank account two hours later. An idiot committing a crime

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

Transport them to a penal colony ........Australia!!  The land of convicts.

I couldn't help myself, and wanted to be first.

They could slaughter the few remaining aboriginals their great great grandfathers left alive.

Archived