English counterfeiters face extended stay in Thailand - in the slammer

rooster59

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Transport them to a penal colony ........Australia!!  The land of convicts.

I couldn't help myself, and wanted to be first.

Probably be the only one!! 

Considering there are so many UK citizens that have made Australia their home over the years, due to the conditions being so much better, you are probably right!

4 minutes ago, PJO said:

Probably be the only one!! 

Considering there are so many UK citizens that have made Australia their home over the years, due to the conditions being so much better, you are probably right!

I have quite a few friends who have made the move, known some for al.ost 50 years.

We frequently joke a out Oz being a penile colony ratber than a penal colo ny.

The TV 'upgrade' has caused difficulties with posting and editi g

from my 'phone.  Please exc  use typos.

What bothers me is how many of these notes are in circulation and whether they have been passed on to innocent people who don't know that they are fake, for example one of these idiots meets a tourist who is at the end of their holiday and has some excess baht and offers to trade some of the dodgy 20's for the excess baht at a good exchange rate saving commission for changing the innocent tourist then tries to spend one of these notes at say a middle eastern airport on transit to uk and ends up getting nabbed.

There was a story a few years back about an elderly brit lady who had taken some money out of her local bank for a holiday in Dubai unbeknown to her there was a fake in the notes she had been given by the bank she was caught in Dubai changing the money and was sent to prison, it was quite obvious that she was innocent and it took a while to sort it out.

I am not saying that these idiots are innocent they are not and deserve to be punished for their actions, but there are a lot of forged notes out there in circulation and some of the forgeries are so good they get passed the test applied by some banks especially small regional banks. This is a problem where innocent people can be caught and it is quite scary as the punishment can be severe.

12 hours ago, tonray said:

The sad fact for these idiots is that the average Joe does not counterfeit money....they are dupes used by a larger and more sophisticated criminal gang. If they want any leniency they should sing like canaries and turn that info over to UK officials to go after the real scum behind this operation, 

So funny this!

When a Government do it they call it Quantitative Easing and then everything is good LOL

11 hours ago, catman20 said:

i dont agree with what these fools done but you would think they would do it in pattaya or bangkok not some small island were its easy to get caught

well sure....is like going to a small village to do crime.....bkk/pattaya etc....or better to cambodia change places quick....BUT asian money changers are the most experienced to work out a fake from real.....also are indian or pakistani money changerrs....westerners very often underestimate their expertise and vast experience with money / the markets and all connected with it....a western bankteller or shopkeeper would need machines to tell them if even their own country money is real or fake BUT this asian guys often just sitting on a table on a street corner have experience since their childhood....so money scams get exposed very quick or the notes are quality prints high style .. but with this blokes

( tattoos combined with the classical idiot druggy look showing  the low IQ for everybody have eyes to see ) it seems they have used a higher priced printer ( share the cost by four w. money the stole from their moms )  to produce the fakes all by themselves...but maybe it only shows the average IQ of quality westerners hanging out in kho phangan  etc...thailand has a place for all those lost souls thousand of thems drinking their days away in pattaya bars for you four thailand found a place in one of their slammers and u lucky no visa needed ...see u in twenty years something...

3 hours ago, zd1 said:

What bothers me is how many of these notes are in circulation and whether they have been passed on to innocent people who don't know that they are fake, for example one of these idiots meets a tourist who is at the end of their holiday and has some excess baht and offers to trade some of the dodgy 20's for the excess baht at a good exchange rate saving commission for changing the innocent tourist then tries to spend one of these notes at say a middle eastern airport on transit to uk and ends up getting nabbed.

There was a story a few years back about an elderly brit lady who had taken some money out of her local bank for a holiday in Dubai unbeknown to her there was a fake in the notes she had been given by the bank she was caught in Dubai changing the money and was sent to prison, it was quite obvious that she was innocent and it took a while to sort it out.

I am not saying that these idiots are innocent they are not and deserve to be punished for their actions, but there are a lot of forged notes out there in circulation and some of the forgeries are so good they get passed the test applied by some banks especially small regional banks. This is a problem where innocent people can be caught and it is quite scary as the punishment can be severe.

everything bad that is done creates circles also everything good .... keep your purchase receipt when u change foreign money giving by your bank or by a money changer....that is the only thing one can do ....

13 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

You have to be joking, little more than a schoolboy prank and 1 year I think would be excessive :) Would be enough to make them see the error of their ways !

I agree one year and they will stand a good chance at getting back home to live a normal productive life. Ten years and they are finished for life. Lighten up guys we all did some stupid shit at that age.

14 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Transport them to a penal colony ........Australia!!  The land of convicts.

I couldn't help myself, and wanted to be first.

Or perhaps to the original penal colony, the USA.  From Wikipedia "From the early 1600s until the American Revolution of 1776, the British colonies in North America received transported British criminals".

Bit of an inconvenient truth that one, eh mate.

Cheers

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:04 AM, maoro2013 said:

I thought there was talk about curtailing these photo ops.

Only for the suspects, not the cops, they need their 15 minutes of fame. The reason for the paper held by the suspects, not to hide their faces but an eye test, the cops don't believe they have good eye sight considering the poor quality of the forgeries. Also I think this photo is a fake, there is no finger pointing.  :facepalm::wai:

On 9/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, worgeordie said:

After the new order from the P.M. ,for Police not to display suspects

before the media,they have found a way around it,hide their faces,

while the Police can get their faces on view,so everyone knows who

are doing such a good job !

regards worgeordie

It's another long standing part of Thai culture that developed about the same time period as counterfeiting bank notes like this did. 

They will do jail time, some will be girlfriends to other prison jail mates.

When they get back to England the hopefully will still have their balls, and other

fairly valuable body parts. They will lose weight unless they get visits from family who may be able

to bring a bit of food when they visit.  I hope they at last get some time in the jail in the North, it

houses lots of drug Farangs and Thai fellows as well. Been there seen that, won't go back

Geezer

12 hours ago, Grubster said:

I agree one year and they will stand a good chance at getting back home to live a normal productive life. Ten years and they are finished for life. Lighten up guys we all did some stupid shit at that age.

you might have done some dumb shit at that age but I certainly didnt.

On 9/16/2016 at 5:11 PM, tonray said:

The sad fact for these idiots is that the average Joe does not counterfeit money....they are dupes used by a larger and more sophisticated criminal gang. If they want any leniency they should sing like canaries and turn that info over to UK officials to go after the real scum behind this operation, 

Very likely just as you said, but one of them may have been the "ring leader" itself and there may not be any big fish to rat out.  The kids thought they had a "fun" and cheap and easy way to bankroll their vacation.  Won't be very fun now.

Archived