B3bn approved for anti-noise pollution measures

rooster59

Sukawin Tanthavanich

1_201691616165542_tuzIuFENdhApVTBWwtUHTLWPjYALWpSQjSZeXdrB_jpeg.jpeg

Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith. Photo: Ministry of Transport PR

PHUKET: The Cabinet has approved 3 billion baht to spend on anti-noise pollution measures from the new international terminal at Phuket Airport and to compensate nearby residents, announced Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith this week.

A total of 1,671 buildings near the new international terminal are to be reinforced and fitted with noise insulation. About 200 of those buildings are occupied by airport staff and government officers. 

Residents wishing to move will be compensated and offered new housing, said the minister. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/B3bn-approved-antinoise-pollution-measures/65577?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-17

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Tidy sum, how much will actually be spent on what it's earmatked for ?

64,000 question. These deals are magnets for cronyism and cheap materials. From my own noise perspective when the motorbikes come in for license and insurance renewal the standard phrase should be "start er up" Measure the noise decibels and if its above a certain limit tell em to fix the bike and bring it back and start over again. 

Got all excited when I read the bi-line, thought it was going to say that they were going to stop all base-heavy stuff that you hear most times of the day and night here in city, country or beach areas. If I ever do leave Thailand it'll be the noise that drives me away.

Is the Phuket Gazette ever going to bother proof reading anything they puke up? What kind of people work there?

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Anti noise-pollution might do at a stretch but anti noise pollution is probably the safe option. What a rag.

Unbelievable.  the island's most valuable assets, the beaches, can't afford public facilites such as showers, changing rooms and toilets every 500 metres, but the gov't can squander 3 billion baht on noise pollution measures.  Whose cousin gets this lucrative boondoogle contract?

18 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

64,000 question. These deals are magnets for cronyism and cheap materials. From my own noise perspective when the motorbikes come in for license and insurance renewal the standard phrase should be "start er up" Measure the noise decibels and if its above a certain limit tell em to fix the bike and bring it back and start over again. 

they more than likely do? how easy is to fit a standard exhaust for the test, or ops there's a brown envelope stuck up the exhaust for the examiner to find (simples ain't it ) :gigglem: