Relocating back to UK

Bryacar

I will be relocating back to UK early in 2017.

Could anyone please advise me re:

1.  Is there a reliable and affordable company that will ship some belongings ?

2.  What is the best way to sell my car, motor bike and some furniture?  ( Honda HRV with 7,000kms and Honda PCX 150 with 2,000kms)

Thank you.

2 hours ago, DipStick said:

Why not rent a container and load your HRV, motorcycle and your personal belongings and ship them all back.

Can do that for furniture either way UK to Thailand and reverse but noway for cars and bikes from UK to Thailand without great expense, are you sure about doing vehicles from Thailand back to UK.

Obviously there will be procedures involved, but the mileage on both vehicles is very small, indicating they relatively new. So importing into the uk, may not even need a MOT, of course they will both need to be  registered  with the DOT, but again there are agencies to do this.

a delve into Google would help

7 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Obviously there will be procedures involved, but the mileage on both vehicles is very small, indicating they relatively new. So importing into the uk, may not even need a MOT, of course they will both need to be  registered  with the DOT, but again there are agencies to do this.

a delve into Google would help

here you go

https://www.justlanded.com/english/United-Kingdom/Articles/Visas-Permits/Vehicles

Not sure what you mean......

If you are moving to the UK from outside the EU, you do not need to pay VAT or duty tax when importing your vehicle. In order to claim this tax relief, you must fill out this form and give it to customs upon arrival to the UK. However, to qualify for this tax relief the following conditions must be met:

You were living outside the EU for at least 12 months continuously.

The vehicle you are importing has been owned by you for at least 6 months, and you will be keeping it for personal use for at least 12 months after importation.

The vehicle was not purchased under any tax- or duty-free scheme.

41 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Not sure what you mean......

If you are moving to the UK from outside the EU, you do not need to pay VAT or duty tax when importing your vehicle. In order to claim this tax relief, you must fill out this form and give it to customs upon arrival to the UK. However, to qualify for this tax relief the following conditions must be met:

You were living outside the EU for at least 12 months continuously.

The vehicle you are importing has been owned by you for at least 6 months, and you will be keeping it for personal use for at least 12 months after importation.

The vehicle was not purchased under any tax- or duty-free scheme.

VAT is required on the SALE of the car, not its importation.

The car and bike should be easy to sell here in Thailand, you might not get exactly what you pay for it for of course you know once it is off the show floor it is used!

Like one guy said not worth the money and time to send the stuff back.  I would sell everything I can and go as far as giving away what I can't. I'm the type that travels light, whatever your reason for moving back there is nothing you have purchased here that can't be obtain again?

I had a friend living in Bangkok in his condo shipped all his stuff back just wouldn't listen to anyone.  I looked at his stuff then and said to myself " you got to be kidding "  today the stuff is sitting in a storage unit.

Get rid of it you will take a lost but save from not having to send it all back it all comes out of the wash?

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Can do that for furniture either wayotUK to Thailand and reverse but noway for cars and bikes from UK to Thailand without great expense, are you sure about doing vehicles from Thailand back to UK.

Before you ship motor vehicles, ensure that they are compliant with UK regulations/laws, on a range of points, but peincipally emission controls.

I was unable to send a motorcycle to Australia a few years back for that reason.

Correction....I could have sent the mc, but mods required before It could be registered made It uneconomical.

Edited by F4UCorsair

12 hours ago, DipStick said:

But again I am sorry I still don't understand. I am assuming that if he were to import these two vehicles into the uk, then they would be for his personal use and not to sell. Have I missed something ?

If he keeps the vehicles for at least twelve months he avoids VAT, if he sells before then he pays VAT.

And regardless if e sells sooner or later, he's still faced with the emissions and saftey conformity issue and the fact that it's a grey import.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-3-bringing-your-belongings-pets-and-private-motor-vehicles-to-uk-from-outside-the-eu/notice-3-bringing-your-belongings-pets-and-private-motor-vehicles-to-uk-from-outside-the-eu#moving-to-or-returning-to-the-uk-on-tor

Dipstick But again I am sorry I still don't understand. I am assuming that if he were to import these two vehicles into the uk, then they would be for his personal use and not to sell. Have I missed something ? - They both have kmh not mph for start my Thai rented car a Vios did not have heating as it is not needed in Thailand but would be so cold in the UK and probably not pass the specs and I am sure the UK would like most countries need imported cars to meet their specifications.

Edited by AdamTheFarang

Will be shipping 20 boxes out next month. Best quote i got was from Siam Pick Pack (Chiang Mai) Co., Ltd.  <[email protected]> and next best was from Boonma  <[email protected]> which had very efficiently cleared and delivered the stuff when it came in a year ago. Contact at Siam Pickpack is Natcha. Boonma is Leroy.

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

I will be relocating back to UK early in 2017.

If it is still there.

And where would the UK be going between now and the New year?? 

By the way, the best site around to sell your bike and car in Thailand regardless of your location, I have found it to be this site.

You can sell almost anything on here including household goods. Have a good look around. It's also free to advertise your items for sale.

http://www.bahtsold.com/

Edited by Scouse123

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

By the way, the best site around to sell your bike and car in Thailand regardless of your location, I have found it to be this site.

You can sell almost anything on here including household goods. Have a good look around. It's also free to advertise your items for sale.

http://www.bahtsold.com/

Sinking without a trace if the anti-Brexit brigade is to be believed.

Edited by Krataiboy
error

do not use these:  Siam Pick Pack (Chiang Mai) Co., 

they transported my stuff from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin, and were hopeless.  Tiny van arrived with my stuff in there, my pcx in a crate, and just a tiny driver and his daughter, and no way to unpack.  I had to get a security guard to help me, absolutely terrible.  

What is it with people not understanding the question and others suggesting things the op is not asking? Classic example of how unreliable a forum can be. I'm sure folks want to help, but why not read the Original Post before commenting? Strewth!

They are asking: 

1.  Is there a reliable and affordable company that will ship some belongings ?

2.  What is the best way to sell my car, motor bike and some furniture? 

#2. They are wanting to know the best way to sell the vehicles and furniture HERE.

For me, the best way I found to sell a newish vehicle was direct with the dealer I bought it from, who gave me a better price than any yard + the paperwork is easy. Although you have time to go private, where you'd get the best potential deal, I'd give them a try first. Bikes might be best sold on Baht & Sold... TV Classifieds is still fubar. As for furniture, you could also try Baht & Sold or get the neighbours around and have a yard sale. I got rid of as much as possible before repatriating.