Samui Immigration New office now open

Today I realized that they (the authorities) do use the requested map(s) – two kind policemen showed up with a handful A4 paper filled with with tables with names, pointed at my name on the list and asked if it was me..?

Indeed..!

They were going to check were I live, how old I am – still same age as 3 weeks ago when renewing my permissin to stay in the Kingdom for another year – and then they they asked where my passport was..?

In the safe – so I had to get it. A photo of the passport, and a photo of me together with the one policeman in front of my house – please don't share on social media, I was in shower and now appear in a police-photo with morning hair and only a towel around my waist...:crying:

And based on the handful of papers with names, I presume others can expect a visit – so now you are warned – don't shower during hours where police can show up...:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Today I realized that they (the authorities) do use the requested map(s) – two kind policemen showed up with a handful A4 paper filled with with tables with names, pointed at my name on the list and asked if it was me..?

Indeed..!

They were going to check were I live, how old I am – still same age as 3 weeks ago when renewing my permissin to stay in the Kingdom for another year – and then they they asked where my passport was..?

In the safe – so I had to get it. A photo of the passport, and a photo of me together with the one policeman in front of my house – please don't share on social media, I was in shower and now appear in a police-photo with morning hair and only a towel around my waist...:crying:

And based on the handful of papers with names, I presume others can expect a visit – so now you are warned – don't shower during hours where police can show up...:thumbsup:

Thank you khunPer, 

At least if police should ring my bell now I will not risk a heart attack:smile:

Does anyone have a copy of the printed requirements for a one year retirement extension on Samui?

also

Can I get my retirement Non-immigrant OA visa one year extension without showing my bank account? This will be my second extension. I will have a letter from the US embassy in Bangkok notarized showing adequate income.

anyone with a recent experience at this office?

I was in the new office with my friend getting a 30 day extension, in and out in 15 minuets., the place was empty, we arrived at 8:30. 1900 paid, receipt given. Nice building....if you do not know how to find this Soi ( the shortcut to Lamai )

It is near a bridge ( just South ), with a large billboard sign above the river. signage needs improvement. Watch your odometer when you turn onto the Soi.....3 /10ths of a Kilometer look for a small street on your right.

Paid 80 baht in the shop just outside for two color copies of Google Map.

9 hours ago, BONGOMAN said:

Does anyone have a copy of the printed requirements for a one year retirement extension on Samui?

also

Can I get my retirement Non-immigrant OA visa one year extension without showing my bank account? This will be my second extension. I will have a letter from the US embassy in Bangkok notarized showing adequate income.

anyone with a recent experience at this office?

I was in the new office with my friend getting a 30 day extension, in and out in 15 minuets., the place was empty, we arrived at 8:30. 1900 paid, receipt given. Nice building....if you do not know how to find this Soi ( the shortcut to Lamai )

It is near a bridge ( just South ), with a large billboard sign above the river. signage needs improvement. Watch your odometer when you turn onto the Soi.....3 /10ths of a Kilometer look for a small street on your right.

Paid 80 baht in the shop just outside for two color copies of Google Map.

Yes. A much nicer office.

Edited by phetphet

2 hours ago, ilCapitano79 said:

Quick question, do they offer photo and copying services?

There's a photo-copy service in the right-hand-side shop in front of the Immigration.

I'm not aware if they offer photos also – the old Immigration office in Nathon did – but otherwise you can have professional photos takes in Tesco-Lotus Bo Phut (Chaweng) in the photo shop at the cinema entrance. Remember to order the right size required by Immigration (think it's 4x6 cm), 4 photos for less than 300 baht. May take them 15-20 minites to print, but you can have a coffee or... in the food mart just outside while waiting.

Perhaps some othe poster can confirm if photo is available at Immigration, and cost..?

Edited by khunPer

Was there last month and found the service to be better than I expected. You read these stories on TV in places like CM and it seems to me that we are quite fortunate on Samui. I was done in little over 20 minutes while some places can take hours and hours and hours.

Went last week and it's easy to find and the copy shop is very convenient. 2 photos and him correcting my filled out forms (including that Faceook form) and copies for all passport pages needed at 110 Baht total. 

Only downside was not receiving change for my 2,000 Baht. I thought it would be like Pattaya, where you get your 100 Baht back together with your finished extension when you're done but there was no note there. Couldn't be bothered to queue again so I just left.

The queuing system could be improved. For a 30-day extension you first need to go to the correct counter where you pay and get a receipt and then take your application and passport to counter 4. But there I didn't know what to do until someone waiting finally told me to go up to the counter and waited to hand over my application. I got ignored for about 5 minutes, then one of the ladies took my application and handed me a queue number. 

When your extension is done your number gets called and you hand over your queue number and receipt. Including the photos and copies the whole exercise took just over an hour. Not bad, but considering the number of people actually there could be improved a bit. Next time I will also look out for my change.

By the way, has anybody done the 7-day-"extension" after already having an extension? My permission to stay ends just before new year's and I could use those 7 days to leave the county.  

I would have had to go back to the original counter. There was 5 people waiting in front of it and I'm not a queue jumper so I just couldn't be bothered. Now I know the system and it won't happen again. 

At least everything went smoothly and I only filled out about half of the Facebook form.

Edit: To answer your question: I thought the change would be handed to me with my finished extension, as is the case in Pattaya. That's why I didn't question anything when I got the receipt for 1,900 Baht.

Edited by wump

If you are headed to Samui Immigration could someone please take some photos of the bulletins and posters downstairs. These are examples of the various forms, instructions, fee schedules, requirements, etc.

This might save the BM a lot of time and wasted trips.

Thank You!