Reporting address within 24 hours of arrival

23 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Just going through the immigration act, and it is complicated and somewhat muddled. But as I understand now there is no requirement for a regular "temporary stay" alien visitor (as specified in section 34) to report his location as long as it is the same as stated in the arrival papers.

Owner of residence where he dwells is in all circumstances obliged to report the alien (section 38).

the owner is required to report on form TM30 but there seems to be a requirement for the alien to report any change of address on form TM28

tm28 notice of residence after 2 hr.pdf

So to get this correct I have done a tm 30 got the recipt stapled in passport whilst on a retirement extension of stay. This year getting a non o multi entry instead based on marriage. So every time I do a border run I have to go back to immigration to give them a TM 30 even though it's the exact same address or they won't give me an extension of 60 days is this correct.

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

So to get this correct I have done a tm 30 got the recipt stapled in passport whilst on a retirement extension of stay. This year getting a non o multi entry instead based on marriage. So every time I do a border run I have to go back to immigration to give them a TM 30 even though it's the exact same address or they won't give me an extension of 60 days is this correct.

sounds absurd

9 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

It depends upon the office you have to use. Most only want a new report if you change addresses and some never ask for a TM30 form.

• Like 1

My condo owner submits the TM30 in 2 minutes from the immigration website reserved to hotels. Then he takes a screenshot of his computer because there is no "print" functionality on the website.......

So I guess you don't need to travel to your immigration office?

My immigration office accepts the printed screenshot while they reject any of my requests if I don't have it...

My experience in the Amnat Charoen office is when you have been one time and received the TM 30 form and they put it in your passport and even if you leave Thailand and report to them within the 24 hour period the officer said there was no need to report as it was already in the system and I was at the same address. 

1 minute ago, paul18620 said:

My experience in the Amnat Charoen office is when you have been one time and received the TM 30 form and they put it in your passport and even if you leave Thailand and report to them within the 24 hour period the officer said there was no need to report as it was already in the system and I was at the same address. 

Sriracha immigration wants me to report every time I re-enter Thailand so it's better to ask for every immigration office for what they want...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They may not ask for one.

No reports I can recall of them wanting one every time  you enter the country.

anybody knows what is the status Quo in Pattaya? Haven't seen Jomtien office being mentioned anywhere, even though a lot of foreigners reside there

We will soon be off for a visit to another country for a few days. Last month we inquired as to whether or not to report to Immi with a new TM30 after returning to Thailand - same address, same same everything. The reply was  "it's best to do so, as some <Immi> officers insist on a new TM30 after leaving the Kingdom".

We will indeed take no chances and present the required form when we return.

As a point of interest, there is room on the "Alien" part of the TM30 for "Date of Arrival", "Point Of Entry" and "Arrival TM Card No." - all of which presumably  differ greatly from the TM30 that we presently have, that is - before leaving Thailand.

.... another tree gone ......

2 hours ago, scooterboy said:

We will soon be off for a visit to another country for a few days. Last month we inquired as to whether or not to report to Immi with a new TM30 after returning to Thailand - same address, same same everything. The reply was  "it's best to do so, as some <Immi> officers insist on a new TM30 after leaving the Kingdom".

As a point of interest, there is room on the "Alien" part of the TM30 for "Date of Arrival", "Point Of Entry" and "Arrival TM Card No." - all of which presumably  differ greatly from the TM30 that we presently have, that is - before leaving Thailand.

Do you have a 1 year extension of stay or are you using a multiple entry visa?

When I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong Immigration a couple of months ago, my wife was informed by 1 of the officers (after 6 years!) that she needed to complete a TM30 form as the owner of the house in which we live together. However, the officer was pretty laid-back as to when she needed to provide this form ("Just drop it in when you're next passing by") and didn't threaten any fine. So we just included it (along with copies of her housebook, ID card and our marriage docs) with my latest mailed-in 90-day report 3 weeks ago, and we subsequently received the notification along with that for my 90-day report back in the post OK.

I really hate when things aren't spelled out, and followed to the "T", this "make the rules up as they go" thing will drive me nuts while I am there. I prefer a rigid set of rules, and everyone abiding by, and following them. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for some IO to find me in violation of anything.

• Like 1

The first time I stayed in Jomtien for a year I was unaware of the requirement for the filling out

and filing of TM 30 form. The year went smoothly with all my 30 day tourist visa 30 day extensions.

This past year I went to Soi 5 to get a 30 day extension after 60 days in country and I was told

to get a proof of residence letter from the Juristic person filled the forms and no fine, no issues. Never

filed again when I did a boarder run or outside trip from Thailand as I always stayed in my same

residence. All was good.

17 minutes ago, Ulic said:

The first time I stayed in Jomtien for a year I was unaware of the requirement for the filling out

and filing of TM 30 form. The year went smoothly with all my 30 day tourist visa 30 day extensions.

This past year I went to Soi 5 to get a 30 day extension after 60 days in country and I was told

to get a proof of residence letter from the Juristic person filled the forms and no fine, no issues. Never

filed again when I did a boarder run or outside trip from Thailand as I always stayed in my same

residence. All was good.

Identical experience.  I was told at immigration that as long as I had not moved, just keep the receipt from the first notification in my passport for future reference.

5 hours ago, ocddave said:

I really hate when things aren't spelled out, and followed to the "T", this "make the rules up as they go" thing will drive me nuts while I am there. I prefer a rigid set of rules, and everyone abiding by, and following them. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for some IO to find me in violation of anything.

As other posters have said, always check on the requirements with your local Imm Office and all will be OK.

My wife was not aware of this TM30 requirement and suggested that "Sami long again" he he

She was amazed, when at Imm, I produced the TM30 and it turned out to be necessary.

Where my wife and I stay, there are only a few farangs and we made "friends" with our local Imm officers (mostly ladies and a few cakes go a long way to reaching happiness), plus showing loads of pictures of where we live locally, and of our Thai and world travels on the iPad.. We were lucky to have called in when they did not seem to be busy.

Once they had a TM 30, they created some other forms with the info  and said that if my wife just phones in that we have arrived, they will update their paperwork and all will be OK.

If we leave the Changwat and stay in a hotel in say Chiang Mai, they do not need to be informed when we return to my wife's house, just the first time we fly in when we have left Thailand.

Every office is different, especially if they have many farang to deal with.

IMO, best to pop in to see them and ask.

Good luck - they are not the enemy, just folk trying to do their jobs and earn a living.

PS, If you think it's hard in Thailand, Don't mess with UK Border Control Officers.......

Just sayin.....

• Like 2

Don't want to open another TM30 thread, so I'll just tap in here.....

Wife and I will arrive in Chiang Mai from Wash DC on KL flight. She'll go thru the Thai immigration line:  me, the non-Thai line (any thoughts on whether or not I could also go thru the Thai line -- different last names, but could produce our marriage certificate?). Anyway, it looks like I'll be stuck behind the Chinese hoard -- while she cools her heels waiting for me. So....could she spend this time filing the TM30 with Immigration at the airport? Anyway, she's going to try -- but was curious if someone has experience/knowledge on the chances of her success?

Or, the subsequent cost of jet lag will be 800-2000 baht -- as we're sure not going back to the airport the next day to file a TM30 -- after not getting home until early that morning of 'next day.'

On 19/09/2016 at 11:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

In reality there is no requirement to do it every time you enter the country. It is just a misreading of the immigration act.

Within 24 hours of arrival means at the residence being reported.

They may of not accepted your application  but will after your get the owner to complete the TM30 form and you submit it at immigration. They will give you the receipt portion of the form that you can show when you submit your application again.

The OP is the owner.

14 hours ago, scooterboy said:

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Do you have a 1 year extension of stay or are you using a multiple entry visa?

A 1 year extension of stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

Wife and I will arrive in Chiang Mai from Wash DC on KL flight. She'll go thru the Thai immigration line:  me, the non-Thai line (any thoughts on whether or not I could also go thru the Thai line -- different last names, but could produce our marriage certificate?). Anyway, it looks like I'll be stuck behind the Chinese hoard -- while she cools her heels waiting for me. So....could she spend this time filing the TM30 with Immigration at the airport? Anyway, she's going to try -- but was curious if someone has experience/knowledge on the chances of her success?

Or, the subsequent cost of jet lag will be 800-2000 baht -- as we're sure not going back to the airport the next day to file a TM30 -- after not getting home until early that morning of 'next day.'

I always go thru the Thai line with my wife with a different last name

• Like 1

The last time I went to Udon immigration one of the IO's asked my wife if she had filled out a TM30. She hadn't and the IO said it was no problem this time but in future we might be fined if it hadn't been done. The IO also said that between the 19th and 26th of every month, there is no leeway and anyone who hasn't filled out the TM30 will be fined. 

3 hours ago, JimGant said:

The normally will let you go through with your wife at other airports.

She cannot get or submit a TM30 at the airport. It can only be done at an immigration office, In CM the immigration office is close to the airport.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The normally will let you go through with your wife at other airports.

She cannot get or submit a TM30 at the airport. It can only be done at an immigration office, In CM the immigration office is close to the airport.

we are 60+km from our local immigration office and so we report in at our local police station with no problem

47 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Hmmmm. Will give it a go. What's the worst that could happen -- I get cast back to the end of the Chinese line. Worth a try. Thanks for the input.

and in  fact my wife tells the nearest security guy that i have a sore back and he gets me a chair and i sit until she gets to the kiosk!! lol

it'll be even more interesting if... as the government needs more and more revenue... that the 180 day rule gets linked up to any of this residence notification stuff.  the Revenue law one.  especially if they were to ever change the exemption of pension income, but probably only over some threshold.  or, even worse, the agreement/convention level to the US FATCA got upped on the Thai side...

Edited by maewang99

Chiang Mai Immigration:

I recently made a trip outside of Thailand by air.  Upon my return to the same address, I went to the small office in the rear of the Immigration location near the airport to report.  They entered information into a computer and just put a stamp on the paper that was already in my passport.  Real easy.

• 1 year later...

just arrived back from overseas to CNX Friday so I get the weekend grace period. Attempted to report at the airport for the 24hr thing and they NO go to Promenada on Monday. Living in a small condo, the only farang and the owner wont do it but pre-filled out a bunch of forms. So I do it myself. Pain in the arse. I mean some of us have lived here so many years without criminal incident why dont they give us a break?