"We Love Thailand!" - Expats show the love and TAT hopes to encourage more to the Land of Smiles

webfact

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Veritas48 said:

Well here we go again.Another whinger whining about other people whinging and trying to impersonate an immigration officer.Irony...heard of it?   PS the word you need is "decent" the word you used means "going down" irony again?

What a sad individual I must have hit a nerve

Edited by Winkburn

7 hours ago, Toscano said:

If Thailand wishes to encourage more EX Pats to come to live in Thailand : there needs to be an easing of the immigration regulations .

I'm British , but lived in Italy for a number of years .  In Italy I had to register with immigration by three months ; all being well with my finances , given a 5year probationary permission to stay .  At the end of 5years i had to reapply and was given residency in perpetuity .  Malaysia offers EX Pats a much better deal than Thailand .

I, like many other EX Pats love Thailand , but even after 10yrs living in Thailand , am caused terrible stress each year coping with the ever increasing documentation and demands of Immigration .

And different documentation and demands in different Immigration Offices! I do not believe that EVERY Immigration Office demands a Google map with grid locations of where you live, and a medical certificate with blood test results and a chest X Ray!

I am excited to live anywhere in the world that I choose. I chose BKK. For the folks so upset with Thailand that they feel the need to continually rant and complain on TV,  I have one suggestion. A four hundred baht taxi ride to Swampy and all your Thailand issues are resolved. Best of luck to you. 

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

You just had to go and expose Thailand's dirty little secret. News flash he has been found guilty poor bugger. Now there is the real Thailand not all this huff and puff expat we love Thailand cronyism. 

You want to go playing the hero and poking your nose into another countries politics as an immigrant, that's what happens here. Shame other countries don't take note and apply the same criteria.

....2 out of 1.5 million...wow....

...they are relatively 'settled' here..

.what about the rest....put through the grinder trying to comply with nebulous and arbitrarily applied laws...

...besides that...

....nothing new here.....

...just grabbing for more.....

...why do we have to prove anything anyway...we dish out at every turn...

...we love Thailand.....Thailand barely tolerates us.....

...this is not a free ride...

2 hours ago, Ronuk said:

No. Not at all. I like it here and I see nothing to moan about. You obviously couldn't hack it here. Maybe you have issues? Hope your happy now.

Couldn't hack it in Thailand?! Among other things I've lived in a hole in the ground, minus 20C, with people trying to kill me. Sounds like you have a mighty high opinion of yourself mister. Like I said in another post politely, keep your advice to yourself.

Golly Gee... although I don't have any issues to speak of now - except being forced to take a vacation every 3 months - seems like this campaign is glossy icing on a moldy  cake. If they really wanted to promote expats to live here they would relax the topsy turvy, double standard, impractical visa regulations. Just think of all that extra money we all would spend here if we didn't have to spend it going to another country every month, 3 months, or whatever - why, we would probably spend it here.  For now, I am looking forward to the next beach in a bit with a mai tai in each hand - for starters. It might be helpful too to encourage authorities, and society to respect it's visitors as human beings and educate them on the morals  of discrimination and racism (but that's a fantasy).

Edited by TerrylSky

2 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Thailand, land of the free? No rights?, yet you think it's paradise? Funny that.

What part of others are happy and getting along fine do you have a problem understanding?

2 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Couldn't hack it in Thailand?! Among other things I've lived in a hole in the ground, minus 20C, with people trying to kill me. Sounds like you have a mighty high opinion of yourself mister. Like I said in another post politely, keep your advice to yourself.

Wow!  You trying to impress me 'Mister'? Because you have just failed miserably. You see,you have no idea about the people you assume to have high opinions., who they are or what they may have done or been involved with. Never assume anything.....Rambo.

15 hours ago, captspectre said:

TAT:

easing up on the yearly visa paperwork may have a good start, also if an expat has been in thailand five or ten years, how about a bi yearly visa? having been here so long you would think that the expat does have a desire to live here.

As far as the retiement extentsion goes,2 pages of forms,just basic stuff,a letter from the bank and an updated bangbook.Any less than that and you would be just shaking hands with the IO.

If you work as an expat with a work permit there's nothing wrong with Thailand. Enjoy your 40k salary .

If you work as a digital nomad and earn a lot more , we just have to pretend we do not exist to be able to stay here. Just don't tell anyone. 

Edited by balo

10 hours ago, Ronuk said:

What part of others are happy and getting along fine do you have a problem understanding?

Wow!  You trying to impress me 'Mister'? Because you have just failed miserably. You see,you have no idea about the people you assume to have high opinions., who they are or what they may have done or been involved with. Never assume anything.....Rambo.

I don't have any problem with understanding, I have no need to impress anyone and I have never tried to imitate ridiculous American inventions like Rambo.  It was you who said I could't hack it in Thailand, isn't that an assumption? That's my last on the keyboard with regard to you. Q.E.D.

1 hour ago, rodney earl said:

It"s all just window dressing. They do not want long term expats here, you have only got to look at their visa rules and regulations.

They only want tourists for up to 30 days who come here, spend a lot of money and leave.

Why do they offer 5, 10 and 20 year visas if they don't want people here long term? 

8 hours ago, louse1953 said:

As far as the retiement extentsion goes,2 pages of forms,just basic stuff,a letter from the bank and an updated bangbook.Any less than that and you would be just shaking hands with the IO.

louse I do not understand your post. I was asking for a multi year visa, the paperwork is and has always been a small problem. but if you are living her for life or at least ten years a multi year visa would be best. so far i have gotten sixteen yearly visa's the biggest change has been the price increase!