"We Love Thailand!" - Expats show the love and TAT hopes to encourage more to the Land of Smiles

webfact

22 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Good point. Not all expats want to learn Thai, not all expats want Thai fame, most just want a comfortable lifestyle in their retirement. Those who work in Thailand either have to learn Thai or perhaps teach English (or other language) and might learn Thai but not use it of necessity and have their own reasons for living here. Those in the video are hardly representative of Expats.

Hardly. Andrew Biggs can't be an expat as he has Thai nationality.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

who said they offer those visa's where did you get tour information? been on the sauce again?

You obviously have no idea and are most likely a one time visitor to Thailand so I will try just one time. As it has been in existence for 13 years, your rather slow on the take up.

21 hours ago, Ronuk said:

You obviously have no idea and are most likely a one time visitor to Thailand so I will try just one time. As it has been in existence for 13 years, your rather slow on the take up.

I am familiar with the elite visa! and I am familiar with the cost of 500.000 Thai baht up front fee and  the 20 year visa with a 2million baht up front fee and a 20,000 baht yearly fee! how many people do you think would put out that kind of money to live in a third world country with the political situation constantly changing? did you? have you got an elite visa? it is/was a scam to fool idiots like you into paying all that money up front! remember when they cancelled that visa not to long ago?  AND I am not a one time visitor to this country, I got her the first time in 1969 and have been here for seventeen years.

On 19/09/2016 at 6:49 PM, taony said:

As of 2 October I will no longer be an expat in Thailand.  Can't explain how thrilled I am to be leaving.

Over the years I have been reading what farangs wrote about Thailand, I am not farang but I  am not Thai either so it is interesting for a third party( impartial) to look at all the complaints of the farangs.

Thailand is just Thailand. The farangs must regress to childhood to love Thailand. As a child you don't discriminate or not strongly if you do discriminate, you are happy with things as they are. You are just simply happy for no good reason so anything perceived as bad by other farangs do not affect you.

I know a japanese who hates his own country and culture and he told me he was ashamed to be Japanese , he said he really liked Thailand. He told me about this when I told him I had studied Japanese language in Japan and how much I like Japan. The first time I heard a Japanese said, "There is nothing good about Japan". People like this will love Thailand, because they are looking for "step mother country".

When I fill the immigration form - the column that says "Reason for visiting Thailand"- I will put "looking for step mother country". May be the Thai immigration officials will give me a longer visa if he understands that I am an adult with the mind of a child and people like me will love Thailand along with all the bad and good things, warts and all.

I overheard the immigration officials at the airport said to his colleague, "Another farang expat leaving, can't explain how happy I am" as he stamped on the passport.  Things work both ways.