Italian woman of 61 becomes a mother for the first time

webfact

Woman of 61 becomes a mother for the first time

606x341_344516.jpg

ROME: -- An Italian woman has given birth to a healthy baby boy at the age of 61.

Maria Rosaria Veneruso was delivered of her first child after her doctor said was a “normal and peaceful” pregnancy.

It is claimed the pregnancy was achieved without any reproductive treatment.

Ms Veneruso and her husband Enzo said they were delighted with their new arrival, who they have named Elia Francesco.

According to the Lancet Medical Journal the oldest women record ever to give birth naturally is held by a 62 year-old British woman back in 1887.

Earlier this year a 70-year-old in India had a baby through IVF treatment.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-21

I hope the woman lives long enough and with enough health to be there for her daughter when she's a bit older.  Personally, I see her as crazy and selfish but whatever. Nothing really matters. People do what they do. Plenty of expats in Thailand have kids in the sixties and aren't around for them in their teens. It's pretty common these days for retired people to still be making families.

30 minutes ago, Alive said:

I hope the woman lives long enough and with enough health to be there for her daughter when she's a bit older.  Personally, I see her as crazy and selfish but whatever. Nothing really matters. People do what they do. Plenty of expats in Thailand have kids in the sixties and aren't around for them in their teens. It's pretty common these days for retired people to still be making families.

Yes, a very selfish move.  I was very lucky to have my father around until I was 50.  Can't imagine going through my teens and early adulthood without him.

Plus, late childbirth is fraught with potential health problems.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a538711/how-age-affects-pregnancy

The risk of Down's syndrome, according to age, is:

• age 20: one in 1,500
  • age 30: one in 900
  • age 40: one in 100
  • age 45: one in 50 or greater

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Yes, a very selfish move.  I was very lucky to have my father around until I was 50.  Can't imagine going through my teens and early adulthood without him.

Plus, late childbirth is fraught with potential health problems.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a538711/how-age-affects-pregnancy

There are enough older guys on this forum who've fathered children into their 60's....    For sure they'll fail to recognise their own selfishness or claim some other extenuating circumstance...  

But while there are tragic consequences leading to the break up of families, divorce, deaths, single parent families etc... the underlying truth is that there is far greater happiness and moral grounding in secure dual parent families... 

That said - Good Parenting is good parenting... the spectrum is far too wide and ranging to be really judgemental... 

Maybe it was not planned and they never ever imagined she would get pregnant. What do all of you want who are calling her selfish? Would you rather she had an abortion? Sometimes people on here complain just for the sake of it. The baby does not have downs syndrome, so why is someone writing about it? At the end of the day it is none of anybody business. I am glad she is able to feel fulfilled as a mother before she starts the next journey.

It would be nice to have a mother around when you are in your 20s and 30s. Maybe she'll make it to be there for her. I have no problem with abortion just the same and I recommend it to all who want control over their futures. The world is awash with poor teens having kids they can't afford who will have kids that will do the same. Slaughtering (Killing dead if you like) all those fetuses would give those poor teens who got pregnant a chance to grow and be better parents. Anyways, back  this woman. I hope that she is wealthy and can give this kid a secure future. Financial security is one thing that makes a difference. If the old die and their kid has a good life, good education etc, that's much better than having and old parent die and leave you in a life of worries. Ultimately, people will do what they do. I hope their kids don't suffer from their decisions.

Edited by Alive

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

It would be nice to have a mother around when you are in your 20s and 30s. Maybe she'll make it to be there for her. I have no problem with abortion just the same and I recommend it to all who want control over their futures. The world is awash with poor teens having kids they can't afford who will have kids that will do the same. Slaughtering (Killing dead if you like) all those fetuses would give those poor teens who got pregnant a chance to grow and be better parents. Anyways, back  this woman. I hope that she is wealthy and can give this kid a secure future. Financial security is one thing that makes a difference. If the old die and their kid has a good life, good education etc, that's much better than having and old parent die and leave you in a life of worries. Ultimately, people will do what they do. I hope their kids don't suffer from their decisions.

So which is better, not having parents in your 20's or not being born?

Edited by halloween

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I hope the woman lives long enough and with enough health to be there for her daughter when she's a bit older.  .

Well she has a son. Is she planning to have another and hoping it is a girl?

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Well, if you believe in Buddhism you will always be reborn until you reach nirvana. If you are Christian, you will go to heaven and enjoy life with God. If you are born, then you have to deal with it.

all sects of Christianity? i gave them all up because i did not know which one to choose, and none of them would accept my dealings with bargirls. i tried to explain that who mary magdalene thing but that did not go down very well.

One can only hope this kid will grow up in a loving environment that will ensure he does not become as sanctimonious and mean-spirited as some posters on this subject.

Life, at whatever age it is created, is the most precious gift anyone can receive. End of story.

8 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

One can only hope this kid will grow up in a loving environment that will ensure he does not become as sanctimonious and mean-spirited as some posters on this subject.

Life, at whatever age it is created, is the most precious gift anyone can receive. End of story.

I don't see any mean spirited and sanctimonious comments or posters so far on this subject.... 

However, you've had your chance to tell us what a 'beautiful humanitarian you are.... all creatures great and small'....

All will agree that life is precious... but I suggest that life also comes with responsibility....  responsibility to provide, nurture, educate...  the responsibility to 'parent'....  most posters have simply commented that they hope this lady is around to provide motherhood through the child's younger years...  nothing wrong with that.... 

I am sure it was a surprise. Having your period stop would be normal. A few months later your belly getting bigger, morning sickness, etc...Then  discovering you are preggers.  As she is 61 and it is a first time pregnancy, talk about a life changing  experience.

I just hope she has the health and longevity of life to both raise her child and enjoy the experience. Best of luck to them. :passifier: 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don't see any mean spirited and sanctimonious comments or posters so far on this subject.... 

How about this one?

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are enough older guys on this forum who've fathered children into their 60's....    For sure they'll fail to recognise their own selfishness