Need help on very contradicting information!! Loas (luang probang) - Chang rai

We are traveling from luang probang to Chang rai, tommorow evening via land travel! I am finding very contradicting information about how long you you can stay in Thailand as we both hold British passports! We keep seeing that we can have 30 days visa exemption as were part of the G7 countries that receive these types of visa for land crossings! Can anyone please help me and find out if this true or false, as the English government website, English Thai embassy in London both say you can, but then on Thai embassy website it's say differently and that you only recieve 15 days!! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Also do you need to show that you are leaving the country, for example showing an exit flight at the boarded as proof, or can you see you will be sorting out a visa to go to Burma (Myanmar) whilst in Thailand?! 

Thank bk you very much, any help is really appreciated!

You get a 30 day visa exemption stamp .

I have gotten one there myself last month .

That "Thai Embassy " website isnt the official Thai Embassy website, its a private business . 

I have never been asked to show a ticket out the Country when arriving by land

• 30 days.
  • Ignore the Thai Embassy website. It's a commercial site full of errors.
  • As long as you don't have a history of previous visa exempt entries you should have no problem at the border and won't be asked for flight information/travel plans.

2 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Yeah, I see that now. Found it is more than just the G7 though, according the list below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Yes, come entering pursuant to bilateral agreement also get 30 days. Note, though, that those nationalities cannot get extensions of their visa exempt entries. The rules are complicated.

4 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Yeah, I see that now. Found it is more than just the G7 though, according the list below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Only G7 countries get 30 days at land borders. 

You will find G7 listed under remarks on the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/services.pdf

On 9/22/2016 at 3:22 PM, BritTim said:

Yes, come entering pursuant to bilateral agreement also get 30 days. Note, though, that those nationalities cannot get extensions of their visa exempt entries. The rules are complicated.

Malaysians get 30 days by land when entering directly from Malaysia but 15 days from other countries land borders

Simple it is not