CP board member didn't infringe on forest - his assistants did

snoop1130

CP board member didn't infringe on forest - his assistants did

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

201609211356128-20041020151344.jpg

Officials from the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources on Wednesday inspect the property owned by CP executive Jaran Chiaravanont in Trat province.

TRAT — Though the holiday home of a board member of Thailand’s largest conglomerate infringes on protected forest area, he won’t be charged because the work was done without his knowledge, an official said Thursday.

Instead two assistants of Jaran Chiaravanont assigned to oversee the property in his absence said they were solely responsible for its encroachment onto 54 rai (8.64 hectares) of the Tha Som Protected Forest in Trat province. The infringing plot was used to dock yachts and farm fish.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/09/22/cp-board-member-didnt-infringe-forest-assistants/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-22

Oh, <deleted>! What offense is it to lie to the Police? Oh none, as long as you've got a load of cash and underlings to take the fall.

Regardless of who did it, it's his property, his responsibility, and his name on the deeds. Except here it seems.

I seem to recall someone using servants to hold shares over a decade ago.

Seems the use of employees is a popular excuse when shit hits the fan...

Do you believe a director of a huge company would have such poor fiduciary sense that his assistants can spend millions of his money to develop 59 rais without him asking questions?

Seems the government officials do believe... ? ?

Edited by trogers

Come on now, do you really think he is telling a BIG porky along with others who have had  the housekeepers, gardeners and even the family driver breaking the law- that's the trouble with hired staff these days, complete riff-raff.

what a joke, the owner is responsible for everything that is done on his property but again we see the rich simply using their financial position to put it on someone else. Do they really expect people to believe they did not authorize any work done there and that a simple worker decided to spend heaps of money doing this with no word from the owner, shows how pathetic thai justice is, are they even going to take the land back off him or is he too rich to have it removed as well.

Very convenient, two employees took it upon themselves to do all this work on their boss' holiday home without his knowledge so we must suppose he was never, at any stage, consulted and never agreed to what was happening to HIS property ?

Maybe the boss should now have a through review of all aspects of his company, finances, private matters etc to find out what else employees are getting up to behind his back.    :rolleyes:

lol, seriously, he knew nothing, straight out of Faulty Towers

I know nothing about the horse.

Can you put the swimming pool there ................... what swimming pool, what plans, what money ........ I know nothing........the butler did it...he was driving this not me, my name is not on this property................I didn't sign that..........not my money

- This is not my land

- who did you buy it off

- nobody, it looked nice so they just took it

- who owned it before (they) took it

- the Thai people

- did they say they could take it

- up to me I am rich they can do what I want

all above board it seems

Edited by smedly