Advise on 1 year Renewal - Retirement Visa

Hi ALL

Ive just moved to Samui ( from Hua Hin Area)

and my 1 year visa is due renewal in October 

So can any one advise on the way that Samui Immigration go about renewing my O Visa (retirement ) along with changing my address 

of course i know the rules …… but each area has its own interpretation 

thanks for your help 

Different Immigration Offices have different requirements. Advise to go & check on what their requirements are, get address changed.

Basic requirements:

Rent contract.( If you rent )

Copy of blue book / house book

Some require a picture of you & the owner outside the house with the house number showing.

Folks can add more or correct the above. 

53 minutes ago, khunPer said:

There is a recently started thread about retirement extension requirements here, better use that...

OP said:
»So can any one advise on the way that Samui Immigration go about renewing my O Visa (retirement ) along with changing my address«

:smile:

:smile::smile:  I still don't trust them with the visa, they change the goal post on what they require every 5 minutes. A friend & his wife did their extensions a couple of weeks apart a few weeks ago, one no medical , the other was asked for one.

1 hour ago, Rooo said:

:smile::smile:  I still don't trust them with the visa, they change the goal post on what they require every 5 minutes. A friend & his wife did their extensions a couple of weeks apart a few weeks ago, one no medical , the other was asked for one.

Unfortunately we don't have much alternative on the island and need to prepare annual extension from what others and kind enough to report back – I'm due next month...:sad:

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Unfortunately we don't have much alternative on the island and need to prepare annual extension from what others and kind enough to report back – I'm due next month...:sad:

Keep easy, i think now if you have all the papers needed, it can be done in - i will say- 2 hours maximum.
People look so happy to be in this new place, i think that help a lot.

4 hours ago, michemiche said:

Keep easy, i think now if you have all the papers needed, it can be done in - i will say- 2 hours maximum.
People look so happy to be in this new place, i think that help a lot.

Thanks – but I'm quite relaxed, as I never have had any problems at Samui Immigration with my retirement extensions from 2007 onward; always been treated kindly and quick service, also from so-called "Birdman" – however, some of the advises from other Thai Visa members has helped me a lot in correct preparation, as rules often change a bit from year-to-year; like Google-map and now survey and health certificate. Therefore I'm glad that others report back about correct present paperwork...:smile:

Archived