Older people

nausea

You don't have to train to fight many people train just to get fit, don't spar and mainly go for aerobic benefits. If you tell us where you are someone out your way might be able to help you out in regards to a suitable gym :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've trained at a couple of good gyms in Thailand and they all had some older or less capable people training there without problems.

Alternatively you can do muay thai classes at many of the normal fitness gyms where they have group classes for women/oldies/non-fighters. 

Why Muay Thai? Muay Thai does involve a lot of specific fighting techniques. Why not try Tae Kwon Do? Many Dojang all over. TKD has many non combat techniques to help with fitness, also has patterns which help coordination and memory retention.

We are neighbours here with Rawai Muay Thai, in Khao Lak area, and get a lot of their guests in our restaurant, and they are doing a real good job in the training, people of all ages are coming, some younger then 20 or older then 50, some are training just for some weight loss and others to get some real fighting preparation...   Private lessons are also possible there.  These days, muay Thai training is much more flexible and catering to the foreign market as well, and for every age.

Private lessons would be a good option.  That way the coach can build a program specifically for your needs/limitations and you can progress at your own speed.  Just kicking and punching the bags will give you a serious workout.  You can work your way up to the more serous stuff if you are inclined.  

On 10/6/2016 at 9:55 PM, Americano555 said:

Excellent comment CREEP !

Creep? 
Isn't that a little too harsh?
Having a bad day?

Maybe you didn't understand what i was saying so let me explain.

It is not about giving it
It is more about taking it

kinda risky to start at this point

Martial arts involve a lot of hitting and getting hit.

It is the getting hit part that concerns me.

Well, what's the point of explaining...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just stumbled onto this thread.

i will spend time in Nakhon Sawan.

i get bored real easy.

and people get tired of me very easy.

i need to get out of the house for a while every day.

i am 73.

i like to train.

maybe fight.

but i worry ribs might break.

i want to find out.

i got zero to lose.

except maybe 5 kilo.

dig it!!

IMG_3245.JPG

n1a.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived