Koh Mak in Early October

JAS21

We have booked a few days in Koh Mak from the 8th October. 

Seeing the weather etc am a little concerned now that we have chosen  an unfortunate time ...   can cancel before the end of this month so have a few days to decide. So am wondering if we should delay until a little later in Oct or wait until Nov. My wife wants to do some snorkeling  but I am a little concerned that there may be a few jellyfish around, She doesn't have a wet suit.

Also we don't really want to be sitting at the pier waiting for a cancelled boat due to the weather.

So you guys who live around there what are your views please. 

I don't live on Koh Mak but I go there diving and snorkeling with my daughter. We normally live in the water there or on Koh Rang when we are there :) 

We have never been stung ourselves during all the times we have been there but I actually saw one tourist who was last year. Yes, skin got red where he was stung and it was painful but not more than that he went back into the water again a few hours later. I don't worry. Bring vinegar if you worry about it

Weather: Too early to tell, October is the rainiest month and boats do occasionally get cancelled because of bad weather, certainly not often though. Boonsiri has a big catamaran, takes a lot for that one to get cancelled

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=57 gives you a 7 day forecast

I recommend that you take a day trip to Koh Rang if you go there, it's well worth the money. Koh Mak Divers is the best and friendliest dive shop IMO and prices are good. Say Hi to Steve and the guys from Idea and Michael if you go there

I want to go sooo much because I wrote this :smile: