Authorities: 4 dead in shooting at mall north of Seattle

rooster59

Authorities: 4 dead in shooting at mall north of Seattle

LISA BAUMANN, Associated Press

SEATTLE (AP) — Authorities in Washington state say four people have been killed during a shooting at a mall north of Seattle and that at least one suspect remains at large.

The Washington State Patrol says on Twitter that the four were shot Friday at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, about 65 miles (105 kilometers) north of Seattle.

Sgt. Mark Francis says authorities are searching for a man wearing gray who was last seen walking toward Interstate 5. Francis says it wasn't immediately known if there was more than one gunman involved.

Francis said at about 8:30 p.m. that the mall had been evacuated and emergency medical personnel were cleared to enter and attend to any injuries. It wasn't immediately clear how many people were hurt.

The Cascade Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in Burlington, Washington that opened in 1990, according to the mall's website. It features J.C. Penney, TJ Maxx, and Macy's stores, among other stores, restaurants and a movie theater.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-09-24

What is certain is that Clinton has no answers to the problem. Trump has been saying over and over that he is the "law and order" candidate. He is now well placed to pick up votes while Clinton can only waffle on about "gun control".

It will only take a spate of such incidents to swing voters to Trump.

Obama has proven in Chicago that he is unable to solve the problem of gun violence, and HRC is the Obama surrogate.

NB, I'm not saying Trump CAN solve the problem. I doubt anyone can, but the perception is that he is tougher on crime than she.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is certain is that Clinton has no answers to the problem. Trump has been saying over and over that he is the "law and order" candidate. He is now well placed to pick up votes while Clinton can only waffle on about "gun control".

Obama has proven in Chicago that he is unable to solve the problem of gun violence, and HRC is the Obama surrogate.

NB, I'm not saying Trump CAN solve the problem. I doubt anyone can, but the perception is that he is tougher on crime than she.

But herein lies the problem. Your perception is that Trump is tougher on crime than Clinton because he hoots and yells - because he says he is 'the law and order candidate'. Are you kidding me! Are you trying to screw with all our minds? Trump has as much idea how to solve the crime issue as his pageant beauty Queens do when they say "when I leave college I am going to find a cure for global warming and will also rid the world of all known diseases". Great idea but because they said it has no bearing on the probability of their success. :crazy:

So far Trump has not given ANY policy details. He says he will wipe out ISIS, when asked how he says 'well I can't tell you or the enemy will know' ! And 42 % of the population actually BELIEVE him !! I have a bridge for sale.

4 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

But herein lies the problem. Your perception is that Trump is tougher on crime than Clinton because he hoots and yells - because he says he is 'the law and order candidate'. Are you kidding me! Are you trying to screw with all our minds? Trump has as much idea how to solve the crime issue as his pageant beauty Queens do when they say "when I leave college I am going to find a cure for global warming and will also rid the world of all known diseases". Great idea but because they said it has no bearing on the probability of their success. :crazy:

So far Trump has not given ANY policy details. He says he will wipe out ISIS, when asked how he says 'well I can't tell you or the enemy will know' ! And 42 % of the population actually BELIEVE him !! I have a bridge for sale.

You missed my last paragraph -but the perception is that he is tougher on crime than she.

perception does not mean that he IS.

I also said -  I'm not saying Trump CAN solve the problem. I doubt anyone can,

You could be right and he might have no clue himself, but I know he will get the best minds available and they might. Clinton is so committed to the Obama line that she will not be able to do what has to be done.

If anyone thinks it will be easy, or freedoms won't be curtailed, they are silly. It is going to be as hard as winning WW2, and take far longer. Eg, I expect that not only will Muslims not be allowed to immigrate, I think a "Japanese solution" might be imposed on those already living in the US. Can anyone see Clinton taking that step?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You missed my last paragraph -but the perception is that he is tougher on crime than she.

perception does not mean that he IS.

I also said -  I'm not saying Trump CAN solve the problem. I doubt anyone can,

You could be right and he might have no clue himself, but I know he will get the best minds available and they might. Clinton is so committed to the Obama line that she will not be able to do what has to be done.

If anyone thinks it will be easy, or freedoms won't be curtailed, they are silly. It is going to be as hard as winning WW2, and take far longer. Eg, I expect that not only will Muslims not be allowed to immigrate, I think a "Japanese solution" might be imposed on those already living in the US. Can anyone see Clinton taking that step?

My bold.

Isn't that a 1 million percent reason to NOT vote for Trump and to vote for Clinton. God hope that even Trump is not capable of such a move. It was wrong back then and it would be very wrong again now.

Edited by Rimmer
Please do not alter another posters quote, thank you

If you want the same old B S with nothing much happening to fix this and other severe problems, vote for HRC.  If you want someone who is willing to break the mold and explore new ways to solve the problems the Dem's just can't or won't tackle, vote for Trump!

5 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Let the race to make political capital out of this mass shooting begin.

Edit, the latest is three confirmed dead, one critical. Let's hope the injured person pulls through.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

How very perceptive you are.  The very next post from yours was a Trump lobbyist.

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Just repeating what it said on the news that the police are looking for a Hispanic man

Given the names of the stores at that Mall it would have lower-income customers and quite likely minority employees. 

Chances are this was a revenge shooting where the shooter was familiar with atleast one of the victims. IF Hispanic male then most likely a jealous "ex" or soon to be "ex-boyfriend". 

The victims may have even included the new boyfriend.

Pretty commonplace for Hispanic violence.

5 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Well whatever his motive was he has a lot of role models in the US when it comes to people going on the rampage killing other people.

It's getting to be like the national sport these days

When Hispanics first starting arriving enmasse in the early 70's ("latinos") the choice of weapon was exclusively knife. 

That had always been the Latino method--they really never required US role models. They already had it figured out.

Edited by ClutchClark

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

When Hispanics first starting arriving enmasse in the early 70's ("latinos") the choice of weapon was exclusively knife. 

That had always been the Latino method--they really never required US role models. They already had it figured out.

That will be because they came from countries that didn't have the multitude of easy to get guns as there are in the USA. Hence now they have access to any amount of weapons they like, just like everyone else

43 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Now that would explain the delay in naming the suspect.

I don't know. The photo isn't very clear but his light skin and the dark, think brow line just seemed Middle Eastern. Could be wrong.

You're right though. How hasn't anybody been able to I.D this guy ? All seems a little information starved.

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

15 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

If you want the same old B S with nothing much happening to fix this and other severe problems, vote for HRC.  If you want someone who is willing to break the mold and explore new ways to solve the problems the Dem's just can't or won't tackle, vote for Trump!

I don't see how Obama or Trump relate to this incident any more than they relate to the contestants for the Olympic dressage competition.  How can someone 4,000 miles away have a bearing on what a nutcase does in Washington state?  Oh, perhaps it's like this:  The sage father in Washington D.C. should issue an edict: "All men with destructive thoughts will hereby be put in prison before they can cause harm. Police will be allowed to arrest and detain people based on the shape of their face or the smell of their armpits."

20 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Trump has voiced his support for profiling and stop and frisk policies that worked very well in New York. I'm sure you oppose this but I believe that most law abiding citizens will end up supporting it. He has also said that he is against the unfair trade packages that allow foreign countries to dump goods made at slave or near slave conditions in our economy. He has said we must get tough on immigration. Trump has said that he will not allow the banks and wall street to hold us hostage anymore. Just what changes has Hillary said she would make? She has said we must be nicer to the black criminal element, We must never say that Muslims have anything to do with terrorism. She has said we should go ahead with more trade agreements since the old ones have created so many minimum wage jobs here at home. She has said that Saudi Arabia is one of our strongest allies.  You must really like the way things are as I see no change at all in voting for Hillary. Oh I forgot she has so much political  experience that she will know how to gather support in congress to get things done, thats a good reason to vote for her if you are happy with the last fifty years of progress.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

Trump has voiced his support for profiling and stop and frisk policies that worked very well in New York. I'm sure you oppose this but I believe that most law abiding citizens will end up supporting it. He has also said that he is against the unfair trade packages that allow foreign countries to dump goods made at slave or near slave conditions in our economy. He has said we must get tough on immigration. Trump has said that he will not allow the banks and wall street to hold us hostage anymore. Just what changes has Hillary said she would make? She has said we must be nicer to the black criminal element, We must never say that Muslims have anything to do with terrorism. She has said we should go ahead with more trade agreements since the old ones have created so many minimum wage jobs here at home. She has said that Saudi Arabia is one of our strongest allies.  You must really like the way things are as I see no change at all in voting for Hillary. Oh I forgot she has so much political  experience that she will know how to gather support in congress to get things done, thats a good reason to vote for her if you are happy with the last fifty years of progress.

You mean stop and frisk that according to all involved was not effective at all?

Oh, and it is illegal as well.