Pattaya Hell’s Angels Attack – The other side to the story

rooster59

Pattaya Hell’s Angels Attack – The other side to the story

Report by Bangkok Jack

Feature-Image-Hells-Angels-Turn-themselves-in.jpg

Daniel Anthony Stalley, 34, and John Lee, 43, both members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club, turned themselves in to Pattaya police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobphet

PATTAYA:-- Credible evidence has emerged that seems to confirm the Australian bikers, who were involved in a fight with a group of Thai men on Friday were, in fact, only defending themselves.

Everybody by now has seen the CCTV footage depicting an attack on a young Thai man, shown in graphic detail, by three burly bikers in Pattaya on Friday.

However, BangkokJack can now reveal that the three Australians had pulled up in their black pick-up truck outside a beer bar in south Pattaya only to be told, aggressively by local people, that they were not allowed to park in that spot.

They ignored this ‘warning’ and were then set upon by a group of around ten Thai men who were wielding bats, golf clubs and machetes. (see gallery)

In an attempt to escape they clipped a parked motorbike inciting others to join the attack.

This is where the Thai witnesses picked up the story when claiming all they saw was a black pick-up full of bikers chasing a young Thai man along the road and they ‘didn’t know why and so went to ask.’

The Aussies got out to inspect the damage to their truck and were set upon again. That time they retaliated and this is what is caught on the now infamous clip.

Most of the Thai men then ran away leaving two youngsters on the receiving end of the men’s anger over the damage caused to their property.

Despite, as reported, paying 150,000 baht in compensation to the victim of the assaultcaught on camera the owner of the vehicle is now suing the Thai’s for compensation in respect of the damage caused during the initial assault.

Source: http://bangkokjack.com/2016/09/24/pattaya-hells-angels-attack-truth/

-- Bangkok Jack 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do they own motorbikes, or did they just buy the tshirts. This sounds like a dispute over a parking spot. 

"Hells angels attack" makes for a better headline than "fight over carspot"

Edited by Peterw42

In this country, if you're a foreigner involved in a road accident a fist fight of money

dispute with the locals, you're the culprit and to you're to blame, never mind the true details,

you're guilty of what ever has gone wrong and you're expected to make amend and pay,

This is why, one is wise to disengage and keep away from any involvements with the locals

even though his 100% right and or his blood are boiling for just action.....

Another one where arrogant locals breaching peoples rights (closing off areas for private parking) that is not regulated or enforced by the local police causes problems. The locals again win through a money payout but what happens for the original pick up damages incurred? Doubtful any progress will be made trying to take up the case in court

This of course if the above story is factual but it does seem a more realistic version than the original one printed, like some say it made a better headline originally this will no doubt be swept away pretty quickly as no Thai is ever at fault

Thais and their idea of sovereignty! Parking spaces are zealously guarded.  My new car was scratched down the full length of its near-side because some Thai deems the public road in front of his establishment belongs to him.  Of course no one saw anything and it served the farang right for being able to afford a new car.

51 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Another one where arrogant locals breaching peoples rights (closing off areas for private parking) that is not regulated or enforced by the local police causes problems. The locals again win through a money payout but what happens for the original pick up damages incurred? Doubtful any progress will be made trying to take up the case in court

This of course if the above story is factual but it does seem a more realistic version than the original one printed, like some say it made a better headline originally this will no doubt be swept away pretty quickly as no Thai is ever at fault

"Doubtful any progress will be made in court" , 

yes I doubt that too, you must remember your dealing with an outlaw bike gang with links all over the World though.

This particular group or gang also has Thai members along with Indinesia, Singapore,Cambodia.

Personally I wouldnt want to be those Thais, not even for a million baht compensation.

The younger Thais unfornately have this idea that all farang are fat and weak.

Edited by georgegeorgia

32 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thais and their idea of sovereignty! Parking spaces are zealously guarded.  My new car was scratched down the full length of its near-side because some Thai deems the public road in front of his establishment belongs to him.  Of course no one saw anything and it served the farang right for being able to afford a new car.

And for coming to Thailand in the first place ...

43 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I got a flat tire due to the same reason.  I had no idea it was a "protected" space. 

Maybe I missed something, these are a couple of guys in black Harley Davison Tshirts (availible at the markets for 200 baht), not Hells angels Colors etc. They were in a pickup truck, not motorbikes. Besides the initial sensationalist headline, Who says they are Hells Angels, or even bikers. The mug shots look like a couple of guys on a 2 week holiday. I notice one is wearing a Nike T shirt, maybe they are Olympic athletes.

They have probably never ridden a bike in thee lives. 

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Do they own motorbikes, or did they just buy the tshirts. This sounds like a dispute over a parking spot. 

now the story takes a different twist completely.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

I got a flat tire due to the same reason.  I had no idea it was a "protected" space. 

this is just plain thuggery and should be stopped, although it is not so easy to do unless strong police and community involvement is engaged.  these are public roads, for heaven's sake and all vehicle owners have an equal right to park.

2 hours ago, Dodgydownunder said:

Love the way most of the gutless Thais ran away when they saw what they were up against. Lol. Credit to Thai Visa for publishing the other side of the story too.

ten or so ran away. speaks volume of their gutless  'courage'. ha ha ha

Maybe I missed something, these are a couple of guys in black Harley Davison Tshirts (availible at the markets for 200 baht), not Hells angels Colors etc. They were in a pickup truck, not motorbikes. Besides the initial sensationalist headline, Who says they are Hells Angels, or even bikers. The mug shots look like a couple of guys on a 2 week holiday. I notice one is wearing a Nike T shirt, maybe they are Olympic athletes.

They have probably never ridden a bike in thee lives. 

In orginal news report they were "mafia"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In the U.K. Any obstruction of the Queen's highway, which extends across the whole of the foot ways and the road between them is an offence. There is no implied right to park or set up shop in this space which is what keeps pavements and gateways clear and parking sensible. Adoption of this practice in Thailand and practical enforcement would solve most traffic problems in cities overnight. Chances of it happening, zero!

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

This I believe, despite having no right to locals seem to claim the land and pavement in front of their property all the way to the central reservation.  I have been told impolitely not to park in such spots many times on my little motorbike.... and it is best to move on as they are likely to move it for you.

All these thais involved should be lined up for a smackdown. This thai behavior is disgraceful. Embarassing for thais not to mention illegal to be holding carspots and terrorizing like this i was reading recently. I suffered in phuket the same fate. I unknowingly parked in a taxi spot completely unmarked. Idiots blocked me in with mm to spare either side. I had my wife and 1yr old son. I should have known better but i was pissed. I shimmied down the taxis window i think breaking it, took the handbrake off hit nuetral and pushed the taxi out the way with incredible force surprisingly so mostlikely hit something down the road. The thais went for my wifes car door and were basically going for my son and were trying to drag them out the car so i i did a fake gun manouver (nolonger needed) to get them to rethink for a moment for me to plant my foot. I have lived in 10houses in 12 years. I have loads of stories. Things arent balancing out now though. Might be time to leave this lazy selfinsh zenophobic country.

11 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

In the U.K. Any obstruction of the Queen's highway, which extends across the whole of the foot ways and the road between them is an offence. There is no implied right to park or set up shop in this space which is what keeps pavements and gateways clear and parking sensible. Adoption of this practice in Thailand and practical enforcement would solve most traffic problems in cities overnight. Chances of it happening, zero!

Yes it would be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK and all Thai were the same as the British! ' Queens Highway- pathetic!

17 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

When they say "credible evidence" they actually mean "the bikers said", having a smashed up truck says nothing about the order of events.

Very true, but it makes more sense than the original story.

Not to mention the original story doesn't mention (far less explain) the damage to the truck.

Even so, foreigners ganging up and attacking a local is as bad as the locals ganging up and attacking a foreigner.  Fortunately, it appears that the Thai attacked wasn't badly injured.

Edited by dick dasterdly

4 hours ago, RareDingo said:

Bruce Lee once famously said.   "never pick a fight you don't think you can't win"....

Try "never pick a fight you don't think you can win", or

"never pick a fight you think you can't win". Your version makes no sense unless you are a masochist!

3 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

and this is exactly why the Thai's act in this way, They think they are beyond reproach and for years this has been going on, fully supported by the BIB

Thais are adept at 'keying' vehicles: firmly dragging a key along the exterior of a vehicle.  They do it to motorbike seats also, though usually with a sharper object.  I've had it happen a half dozen times in Thailand, when parked legally.  The worst was when the left front wheel came off my p.u. truck.  Luckily I was driving slowly, and no-one or property was hurt.  I then noticed lug nuts in the back of my p.u., and recalled that I had parked for 11 minutes near (but not among) a tuk tuk hang-out.  I was probably 50 meters from where tuk tuk's line up, but that was apparently too close for one of them.  Of course, no words were exchanged before or after the incident.  Easier to just vandalize a vehicle, and not bother asking a farang to move.   It's lucky I wasn't driving 70 km/hr on a busy hwy when the wheel came off.

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Very true, but it makes more sense than the original story.

Not to mention the original story doesn't mention (far less explain) the damage to the truck.

Even so, foreigners ganging up and attacking a local is as bad as the locals ganging up and attacking a foreigner.  Fortunately, it appears that the Thai attacked wasn't badly injured.

To be honest I think there must still be something missing, when do a group of men smash up someones car for parking in front of their shop?  It is a ridiculous over reaction that I do not find credible, there must of been more go on, perhaps one of the bikers threatened one of them or pushed them out of the way or something, I think there must of been a greater provocation than merely ignoring their pleas not to park there.