Prescription cream through airport security

bubba1

Just put it in your checked luggage and make sure you have a copy of the prescription with you if they do stop you.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Added: I carry prescription meds all the time (beta blockers), and the only time I declared it when required (Sydney), they wanted the prescription (which I didn't have), but let me through and just reminded me to carry the prescription.

As for the UAE, if it's in your checked luggage you'll be fine, the list above is for importing medicines.

If you have *any* liquid in your hand luggage it might draw unnecessary attention, or might even just get confiscated and lobbed in the bin, so why take the chance?

7 minutes ago, bubba1 said:

I don't want to check luggage. The box has the US prescription information. It's about 15K baht per tube. I don't want to risk it being confiscated

You risk it being confiscated if it's a liquid or similar in your hand luggage.

Just put it in your suitcase in your wash bag with your toothpaste and deodorant.

But have the prescription ready in case they do query it, which is doubtful in my experience.

I've given up on those sealed security bags that they tell you will be accepted in Bangkok when transiting. Most of the time they just deny all knowledge and nick it. If your bag is checked through they probably won't even query it.

Or can you not do without it for the duration of your trip?

Oh, and I get what you mean by the "prescription information" on the box, but you'd still be better with a copy of the original doctor's prescription with signature, just to be sure.

Archived