Getting a Thai Visa in China or Taiwan?

Hi all!

I just returned from getting a Thai visa in Hong Kong, and my GF and I are already starting to think about where to go in 3 months to get our next visas.   Does anyone here have any experiences with getting a Thai visa in either Taiwan (Taipei) or China (Beijing or Shanghai... Beijing preferred)?  

Taiwan is preferred for us because we won't have to apply for a visa to go to Taiwan, but really we are just looking for any interesting options in Asia to get new tourist visas.    

I've heard that Korea is a no-go unless you have a Korean ID card, the Singapore office is considered unfriendly, and I'm not sure about Japan. 

Any suggestions based on positive experiences with Thai consulates outside Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar or Hong Kong would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Gregory Morozov said:

Thai consulates in China will not issue visas for foreigners unless they reside in China long-term and have relevant papers. No idea about Taiwan

Good to know and thanks for the info.  

The most updated threads on Taiwan are from 2011 so it's not exactly current.   Sounds like I might have to send them an email to ask directly. 

1 hour ago, pjthefey said:

Good to know and thanks for the info.  

The most updated threads on Taiwan are from 2011 so it's not exactly current.   Sounds like I might have to send them an email to ask directly. 

Keep us posted on what you discover about Taiwan. It is a long time since I went there, and I could enjoy a Taipei trip also.though the flight time is about 4 hours each way (double or so the time to some nearer locations).

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Keep us posted on what you discover about Taiwan. It is a long time since I went there, and I could enjoy a Taipei trip also.though the flight time is about 4 hours each way (double or so the time to some nearer locations).

I'll post another visa report if that's where we end up going, but we just got back from Hong Kong so that won't be for another 3 months or so.   The first step is securing a visa for my GF because Laos citizens don't have visa-free entries to Taiwan. 

It should be possible to get a SETV in Hong Kong.

There is a post on this topic thread by a person who got a visa in Hong Kong recently.

The poster explains some details and info you shou;d know about getting a visa in Hong Kong.

A tourist visa is possible in Hong Kong but you need to read the posting and make sure you have what documents Thai immigration in Hong Kong wants.

If ou have the correct douments apparently you can get a SETV in 2 working days in Hong Kong.

The Thai immigration in Hong Kong is closed on weekends so take that into your planning.

17 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

There is a post on this topic thread by a person who got a visa in Hong Kong recently.

The poster explains some details and info you shou;d know about getting a visa in Hong Kong.

A tourist visa is possible in Hong Kong but you need to read the posting and make sure you have what documents Thai immigration in Hong Kong wants.

If ou have the correct douments apparently you can get a SETV in 2 working days in Hong Kong.

The Thai immigration in Hong Kong is closed on weekends so take that into your planning.

I was the one that made that post about Hong Kong. :)   I just got back from there.    You can pick up your visa the next day. 

I'm looking for other ideas to go because I treat my trips to get new visas every 3 months as mini vacations.  Seems like most people go to Myanmar, Laos, or Cambodia, so I'm looking for other ideas.  

I get free airfare in the region because a family member has about a billion frequent flier miles and donates tickets to me whenever I need them within reason.   (HK, Singapore, China, Taiwan - OK,  Mexico, Greece, or Norway, not so much)

Edited by pjthefey

10 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I didn't know there was a Thai Immigration in Hong Kong