Walking In Bangkok Is Like Walking Through A Million Peoples Sweat

Jai Dee

Walking in Bangkok is like walking through a million peoples sweat. The pungent fecund smells seep out at you from every direction.

This is a girl in the midst of culture shock - profoundly so. It could be the traveling solo but I think that side is okay- I've got my train journey south all organised. I can wander the streets but it is so different. I saw a skinny stray kitten this morning as I ate my pineapple. The creature was pathetic and no one cared. It really is survival of the fittest here.

A few hours later, I passed a woman with no legs and didn't bat an eyelid. But the most disturbing thing about Bangkok, especially the Kao San Road area, is what can only be called dirty-old-man-syndrome. They walk in packs, mustaches dropping with lust and undoubtedly having every fetish fulfilled. Why else would they come here?

Human nature at it's finest eh.

Well I'm off to find more air-conditioning before crossing town to get the train to Turat Sani then a boat to Ko Pangang. Beach life that should be good -right?

Alexandra Bremner is a New Zealand writer reporting on her experiences of the countries and peoples of South East Asia.

Source: scoop.co.nz - 27 November 2006

Yes, a fine example of open minded, well researched, social comment from a leading journalist. See something, make unjustified assumptions, get on the train and head south to Turat Sani. I hope that is somwhere south of Thailand and not Surat Thani. What Thailand needs is more visitors like this. Are you simply judgemental or just the end part of the word?

This is a girl in the midst of culture shock - profoundly so.

One of the previously unknown symptoms of severe cultural shock is apparently a wild & warped imagination coupled with a profound desire to release it via literary means.

With such a glowing report of her positive impressions, I can not imagine why she did not seek the nearest Thailand exit.

Are you simply judgemental or just the end part of the word?

:o

Look on the bright side: Maybe she'll discourage other dirty old men from coming, and we can have the place to ourselves? :D

Culture shock? Wait 'til she hits the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan...a chance to see her own culture at IT'S worst...

Edited by toptuan

i like the bit about the old boys with drooping stashes, hunting in packs on koh san road. :o

she must of been on the piss as she's actually talking about sukumvit road. :D

koh san road is for back packers and there's nothing there for the old bar hopping dudes except beautiful young female farang godesses and they aint no use to them. :D

anyway,

this is what gives jounalists a real bad name as some fool like her writes a whole pile of crap like that and the tossers who aint been here before believe it. :D

i think i'll write to her editor and give her a serve for piss poor pathetic gutter journalism as it makes me spew reading crud like that.

cheers

donz could come up with a better story than that. :D

Look on the bright side: Maybe she'll discourage other dirty old men from coming, and we can have the place to ourselves? :D

Yeah, because everybody is heading for Khao San Road now :D

Wait 'til she hits the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan...

She wrote Pangang (whatever a pan-gang is...) :o

i like the bit about the old boys with drooping stashes, hunting in packs on koh san road. :o

koh san road is for back packers and there's nothing there for the old bar hopping dudes except beautiful young female farang godesses and they aint no use to them. :D

anyway,

this is what gives jounalists a real bad name as some fool like her writes a whole pile of crap like that and the tossers who aint been here before believe it. :D

i think i'll write to her editor and give her a serve for piss poor pathetic gutter journalism as it makes me spew reading crud like that.

cheers

Now steady on Terry that's taking things just a little too far .... :D

It sounds like she's writing that load of <deleted> without ever leaving NZ....? :o

Hey, I didn't realise New Zeland was like that!! Perhaps that explains the discrepancies in the place names.

In that case, she'll probably looking for the Mull Foon party?

anyway,

cheers

Now steady on Terry that's taking things just a little too far .... :D

yes sorry dave ,

as i twisted off a little bit to much there did'nt i. ?

i started to write fiction instead of keeping up my missile busting state of the art, full on truthfull and inspiring posts. :D

"Alexandra Bremner is a New Zealand writer reporting on her experiences of the countries and peoples of South East Asia.

Source: scoop.co.nz - 27 November 2006"

Total tosh and when I wrote the other week about white women and their hang ups, my post was removed by BKK!!

Writer - surely this is stretching things a bit, its worse than many of my Thai students "what I did in the holidays" writing.

If you are going to let these harpies write this shit about white males, at least have the decency to allow us respond.

"experiences of coutries and peoples of south Asia" so why is the idiot bitch going to hang out with a bunch of western druggies on Koh Pang Ngan?

its a CRACKING LOOKING, SEXED UP BEAUTIFUL WOMEN WHO LOVES TO TRAVEL AND SHAG YOUNG GUYS. :D

For free :o

Nothing is for free!

White women are experts at skinning ex partners in the courts for Alimony and to be kept in the manner they are accustomed to.

I lived in St Tropez for 5 years and the beaches there are festooned with white "good time girls" all looking for money.

Dream on!

"Alexandra Bremner is a New Zealand writer reporting on her experiences of the countries and peoples of South East Asia.

Total tosh and when I wrote the other week about white women and their hang ups, my post was removed by BKK!!

BKK who? :o

Not you mate, it just came up as bkk. Put a warning up saying read the terms and don't be derogatory towards us white birds women!!!

A few people responded to it with laughter so they were out as well, with a warning not to go white girls bashing. We were only speaking the truth, that they are alowed free reign to call us sex tourists, bald fat dwarves and the like. Call any of them, ugly over opinionated or the like and you is out mate!

Called moderation in some places, we know it as Political Correctness.

Not you mate, it just came up as bkk. Put a warning up saying read the terms and don't be derogatory towards us white birds women!!!

A few people responded to it with laughter so they were out as well, with a warning not to go white girls bashing. We were only speaking the truth, that they are alowed free reign to call us sex tourists, bald fat dwarves and the like. Call any of them, ugly over opinionated or the like and you is out mate!

Called moderation in some places, we know it as Political Correctness.

Should be all birds, not just white birds.

Anyways the writer is probaly just pissed that all the blokes didnt look in her direction and letting off some steam.