Red light camera

georgemandm

Driving through Khan knon yesterday and seen they have red light cameras as will as speed cameras now .

So it looks like it will not be long before it is all over thailand.

so if you are driving through Knan Knon keep your eyes open and slow down .

I never speed in thailand when driving and never go through red lights.

have signs before you come to those lights so you should be ok if you keep to the laws of the road.

I can understand people hating speed camera's though I try not to speed it happens. Given the amount of money you have to pay for a bill its not a problem. Besides I don't often speed. Red light camera's they should install everywhere they are a major road safety tool.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I can understand people hating speed camera's though I try not to speed it happens. Given the amount of money you have to pay for a bill its not a problem. Besides I don't often speed. Red light camera's they should install everywhere they are a major road safety tool.

Yes I agree with you

Knan Knon?

Many cameras in Khon Kaen if you mean that and tons of warning signs with max. speed 80 or 60.

AND: even where there are no warning signs there might be cameras.

Our district town is full of cameras at the major intersections.

Jump the light and you will find a letter in the mailbox with a nice picture of your cars back.

You won't notice a flash or whatever, so the surprise is complete.

From Khon Kaen, similar all over the country:

head trafic.jpg

25 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Knan Knon?

Many cameras in Khon Kaen if you mean that and tons of warning signs with max. speed 80 or 60.

Jump the light and you will find a letter in the mailbox with a nice picture of your cars back.

head trafic.jpg

I as a falang welcome this, however lets not forget that there are people out there that drive without number plates, I dare say stricter enforcement's in that area and many others will help to make people abide, back in Sydney I would stress to stay under the limit, because not only did you have speed and red light cameras, you had mobile speed cameras in unmarked stationary cars with the blue sign just after the car had taken your photo.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Knan Knon?

head trafic.jpg

Not long and all of thailand will be like that and they need it now to save lives.

11 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

No I rarely use that stretch of highway 2 usualy go on 230 ring road then cut down highway 12 into town. Have back roads to get to tesco lotus if needed.

Ok good so do I use the ring road but the new red light camera is on the way out of town after the ring road.

I would say that the thai government would not put them in and not have them working , I would say they all would be working by now. 

And when the thai government see how much money there is to be made from speeding cameras and red light cameras it will not be long before all of thailand has then , that is how it started back home in Australia some 30 years ago .

Good timing on this thread as I just sent an email to friends around the world.  The ticket from the camera is a first for me.  FYI, I've been traveling that road since 1970!

Mac

Took a month to get here from Khon Kaen's Nam Phong District Traffic Police.

Ticket says violation was at 1231 hrs 22 August at the 3-way intersection for the Ubolrat Dam, just a few km south of Nam Phong.  Busting a red light.  I probably ran the yellow is what happened.

But, wonder if I went back there and took it to the local court, beatable?  According to my Trip Log, looks like I would have gone through that intersection about the same time, but on Sunday the 21st, not the 22nd like the ticket says.

Nah, I'm to busy to bother with it, it's about five hours plus from Klong 10 to Nam Phone and I'd probably spend twice the baht 800 fine on diesel.

Handy, tho, can pay via Money Order rather than personal appearance.

Mac

Trip Log, 21-27 August 2016

21 August, Sunday

With Sunee

--  0650, ex Klong 10

--  0755-0810, PTT Kaeng Khoi, 76 km

--  0825 hrs, pass Muak Lek, 104 km

--  0930-0945 hrs, PTT Korat Ring Road, 222 km

--  1200 hrs, pass BigC Khon Kaen, 424 km, no parking, carnival

--  1210-1220 hrs, PTT Khon Kaen, 432 km

34 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok good so they are working like I had said earlier.

but Thais have no respect for the law that is why they still speed in that area till they get the fine . 

The red light camera's are working have been for some time I was talking about the normal speed camera's on highway 2 by tesco lotus. Not to sure if those work

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

The red light camera's are working have been for some time I was talking about the normal speed camera's on highway 2 by tesco lotus. Not to sure if those work

Ok , drive past at 150 km to find out for me can you please and let me know if you get a fine or not .

just joking.

Archived