60 day tourist visa Kuala Lumpur

Hey guys, 

Just a few queries I'm in Kuala Lumpur at the moment and will be applying for a 60 day visa tomorrow morning. I'm a little bit worried given some of the stories I've read so far. 

I'm a 25 year old Brit I have 3 exempts this year from 2 holidays that lasted 2 weeks each in January and April and I've recently used up a 30 day exempt and now I'm in Malaysia as a genuine tourist for a week and will be returning to Thailand afterwards hopefully with a 60 day visa. 

Currently I am an external student at London School of Economics, I had a well paid job but I wanted to travel and make something of myself at the same time. So I'm travelling around and studying at the same time for the moment. No surprise I've taken a like to the Thai lifestyle/culture. 

I'm taking with me to the embassy:

Visa application already filled in

Copy of passport information page

2 passport photos 

My university confirmation letter

Proof of address in Thailand and a confirmation letter signed by my thai friend and her ID card scanned and signed (I am staying at her address) 

An on going to ticket to Laos before my 60 days expires

Worst comes to the worst I have a bank account with around £6500 in. 

Should I encounter any issues? 

Thanks

Danny

1 minute ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

If worst  comes to worst, pop over to Penang where you're more likely to get a tourist visa.

Mac

Yes I guess that is the worst case scenario but I have literally done everything in accordance with the Kuala Lumpur embassy website. Have people been declined still even when providing all the said information? 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can try for the visa but whether your application will be accepted or not will depend upon their mood that day.

As said if not accepted you could go to Penang for the visa where you would not have a problem getting it.

OK thanks alot 

3 hours ago, Da0t91 said:

Yes I guess that is the worst case scenario but I have literally done everything in accordance with the Kuala Lumpur embassy website. Have people been declined still even when providing all the said information? 

You seem to have all bases covered. KL don't seem to like issuing visas to long term tourists which you aren't yet. As long as you give them what they ask for you should have no problem getting the visa. I don't believe the situation, for genuine 'tourists', is as bad as it's made out by some.

• Like 1

Update for anyone interested in the process at Kuala Lumpur to bust a few myths. Only listed countries on there website need to have permanent residency in Malaysia to apply for a Thai visa. They checked all my passport pages but raised no questions with me. They checked for all the details on the checklist they provide on the website against the actual information you submitted(you can pick this checklist and application form up at the gate). So this is definetly not the place to come without a flight out of Thailand or without hotel/address in Thailand the staff are friendly but they appear to be extremely by the book. 

I had about 20 people in the queue (at 10am) in front of me the whole process took 1 hour. They asked me no questions at the visa application desk and I paid 150 ringet after sitting down for about 2 minutes (not sure of the price but you can pay in baht) 

TLDR Not the place to come without all the correct documents (flights/accommodation) orhigh amount of stamps

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a visa on my passport! 

Cheers

Danny

• Like 1