Thought the Black Label gave you a headache lately? - here's why!

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1-10-2016 at 1:21 AM, Mickeem said:

No need to worry It's the real thing.. drank plenty of bottles of it in Tachelik at a fraction of the Thai rip off price

If they can copy Hoegaarden i will drink it anyway every day but it has to taste the same! It costs 20 baht a bottle in the EU so 50 in Asia is the normal price i would think. I don't drink it in Thailand, tastes really bad if you know who you're sponsoring.

But those cigarettes (Marlboro) in Myanmar are filled with dried grass i would think...they have no flavour at all.

Visaruns are good to bring a real bottle of booze and i won't buy it in the kingpower shop, i also don't trust/like them.

4 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Just in case you want some fake coffee with your fake wine and whiskey.

1475990863036.jpg

1475990868343.jpg

1475990871186.jpg

1475990873488.jpg

1475990879401.jpg

1475990881842.jpg

1475990886243.jpg

1475990889017.jpg

They should go on like this, it gives Thailand a very bad name overseas and will set the country back even more.

I don't trust anything anymore, it can all be fake. Best to bring it yourself from decent countries.

Today a Thai american told me even trafficfines can be fake, the ones made by camera's (pictures) and sent to your homeaddress. He always speaks english to the Thai police so they let him go asap.

On 30/9/2559 at 10:35 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

On 29/9/2559 at 4:33 PM, eliotness said:

I bought a bottle of Talisker, my absolute favourite, from a market in Cambodia.  Got home, opened it, fake, yuck fake for sure, but the Thai family loved it ?

Did you check the bottle code which are engraved in the back of the bottle?

Bottle Code.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2559 at 7:21 PM, mtls2005 said:

I do get a kick out of these folks buying American bourbon/whiskey in Cambodia for less than the pre-tax distillery price, thinking they're getting a deal. Like someone just shipped all that hooch over and had to sell it at below cost?

Jake Leg here's I come.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2003/09/15/jake-leg

Plenty of genuine whiskey at very reasonable prices at the border to Cambodia.

1476031693704.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

On 9/29/2016 at 3:22 PM, Brer Fox said:

Back in May when the Prime Minister was on one of his globetrotting trips he stated while at the Thai Trade Centre in Los Angeles that "Thai people should adjust themselves to a new form of trade" and he encouraged product innovation.

This man has done no wrong and is simply following the PM's instruction to the letter. He is probably fearsome of the consequences if he does not adhere to the command of the Country's leader.

The proper authorities should at least check to see if he is paying his tax liabilities and if he is doing so then leave him in peace to do the type of innovation that Thais do best.

But this was Malaysian people.

Did the Prime Minister say anything about them? :-)

On 10/1/2016 at 1:54 AM, Prbkk said:

Talisker has that smoky flavour, quite unique, impossible to replicate. It isn't as fashionable as all the Glen Xxxxxs, but far better to my taste ( and the relatively small market for it has meant that the price is not totally outrageous , merely moderately outrageous).

I keep learning new things, didn't even know "moderately outrageous" existed. 

TV is like school for me :sorry: 

I often wonder if the Farangs are naive or they pretend to be naive? You go to bar and disco you look at those guys working there, do they look honest to you, come on, you can't tell? Every minute they are waiting to scam you. Am I wrong? Ha, ha, ha, some are born stupid some are just plain stupid.

Listen to the way they talk. You go to Thailand and you don't expect to be given fake stuffs? So you are indeed naive.

I don't even buy duty free alcohol at the airport, that's how bad I think it is.

I am the guy who would scam you not the other way round, that's what I want to say to the Thais. Say I flew in from Singapore I will buy my brandy in Singapore duty free and drink it in Thailand.

On 10/9/2016 at 9:37 PM, fruitman said:

If they can copy Hoegaarden i will drink it anyway every day but it has to taste the same! It costs 20 baht a bottle in the EU so 50 in Asia is the normal price i would think. I don't drink it in Thailand, tastes really bad if you know who you're sponsoring.

But those cigarettes (Marlboro) in Myanmar are filled with dried grass i would think...they have no flavour at all.

Visaruns are good to bring a real bottle of booze and i won't buy it in the kingpower shop, i also don't trust/like them.

Hoegaarden at 20 Baht a bottle in Europe?

Or you haven't been in Europe for decades, or you buy copy Hoegaarden in Europe, or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which is it?

19 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Or you haven't been in Europe for decades, or you buy copy Hoegaarden in Europe, or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which is it?

Hoegaarden in Belgium is about 1 euro in the supermarket.

On 29/09/2016 at 9:29 AM, elgordo38 said:

Yes and I am sure the tax people would complain bitterly about a loss of alcohol tax. That is one department that will leave no stone unturned.

Depends' the "King Roberts" may have been "TaxPaid", depends where the KR whisky came from and how spirits are taxed.

2 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

Which is it?

I buy crates of it, 24 bottles for 12 euro, the refund money for the bottle i don't count because you get it back...

I also buy Paulaner 0.5 litre in Germany, also 20 baht but it has to be in promotion for that price...than i buy 20 crates for stock.