Nespresso machine

Anahech

Hi ! I am looking for a Nespresso machine and heard that there is no way to get one but bring it back from Bangkok or elsewhere.

Knowing that people on this forums have always great advice, I was wondering if by chance anyone would know another easy way to get a machine :-)

Or anyone selling one of course !

Thank you :-)

Seem like nobody has an answer.

I would take a look in Makro – at Samui they supply mainly for hotels and restaurants – not sure, but think I saw one/some there (I brought my own with me from abroad). There is Makro in Lamai, I don't know their assortment, maybe Bo Phut (Chaweng) has more.

Another place to check is HomePro in Bo Phut's Tesco-Lotus mall.

Edited by khunPer

18 hours ago, Anahech said:

Thank you for your advice :-)

I was hoping someone would sell one second hand, but can't find one :-/

We'll take one back from home I guess, of from bkk but they are much more expensive !

Thank you :-)

Everybody who has one loves it...including me.

Wouldn't sell it for the world.

Thank you all, I will have a closer look at these machines... But I guess I will bring a nespresso one from home upon my next travel ;-)

I guess I should open a nespresso shop on the island, I had so many people telling me they are using one but struggling to get new machines and capsules !

6 hours ago, Rooo said:

They have something similar to what the OP wants at Tesco.

I looked in the electric appliance department at Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut when I was there yesterday – before I went to continue with my shopping in HomePro – but I couldn't see anything like it, just two very normal, and (fairly) cheap priced filter-coffee machines; but maybe I looked in a wrong area of the store..?

4 hours ago, Anahech said:

Thank you all, I will have a closer look at these machines... But I guess I will bring a nespresso one from home upon my next travel ;-)

I guess I should open a nespresso shop on the island, I had so many people telling me they are using one but struggling to get new machines and capsules !

Sounds like a very good idea, but you gotta need a Thai-partner and a Work Permit...:whistling:

By the way, wasn't there, or still is, a "BonCafé" shop (or sign) at the Ring Road in Bo Phut – if my memory serves me right either at the Maenam side of the traffic light, almost opposite The Wharf; or was it further up the toward the BigC-area..? I better look out, next time I pass...:unsure:

Edited by khunPer

Bon Cafe still there, bought my machine from there. Honestly I prefer fresh coffee,  the one OP is talking about, is 32 baht a pop. 

I am not a cheap Charlie, but prefer paying for good coffee beans.

12 minutes ago, Rooo said:

Bon Cafe still there, bought my machine from there. Honestly I prefer fresh coffee,  the one OP is talking about, is 32 baht a pop. 

I am not a cheap Charlie, but prefer paying for good coffee beans.

I hear you but this Nespresso actually has a fresher cup than one would think since the single serving canisters are vacuum sealed immediately after bmeing ground.

The downside is you never get to see the pre-ground bean for inspection but its consistently great coffee and convenient.

Its also much cheaper than a SBUX espresso drink.

Its just one tool in my coffee arsenal.

2 hours ago, Anahech said:

By the way, any chance to find a moka pot like this on the island ?

https://www.behance.net/gallery/7483607/How-to-use-a-Moka-Pot

I plan to bring it back but who knows, I might be surprised ;-)

Not sure, maybe – it's like the same old system made in glass, when I was a child, ages ago – but I've seen  the classic French press coffee maker, both the original expensive Danish Bodum-brand, and inexpensive copies (that might works as well) in Tesco-Lotus' coffee-department. It's some time ago, so may have changed; sorry, but I don't check all their stocks regularly.

Big C have 4 Machines left (if what the OP is looking for??)  Right in the middle of the coffee section... 2000 baht roughly.... I think you get "free" if you buy "x" amount of coffee ...I  forget the actual number of coffee boxes it is ... 

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered online from nespresso.th. Shipped to Chiang Mai within a few days. Free shipping above 2800 baht or something so I just got a 100 capsule order. There is no place to get the capsules in Chiang Mai but they are at one of the malls in BKK.

Any problems with machine you get a replacement shipped and just swap out. A brilliant service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk