5 month abortion?

P4K

Okay so I ahd started a thread earlier about this topic but got no clear answers, the girl is 20 weeks pregnant. what are my options to get an abortion? I dont mind having to fly to another country, how can this be taken care of?

You are going to have great difficulty getting an abortion at 20 weeks. It is no longer a clinic procedure, requires hospitalization, and in many countries where abortion is otherwise legal on demand, it no longer is after the first trimester unless the mother's health is in danger.

PDA clinics not an option once that far along. And a Thai doctor in any hospital would want require  strong justifcation to declare it necessary on mental or physical health grounds at such a gestation.

The question arises of how has it gotten this far advanced if the woman is sure she wants an abortion?

Are you sure that she wants an abortion (you obviously want her to have one, but that is not the same thing).

if you believe all the Zika hype, and the hoax behind it:

- taking her back to the village by the canal would solve the long term problem.

Why have you left this for so long? were you O/S, and have just returned? and not been told of it until now?

16 minutes ago, P4K said:

she wants an abortion too, wwhat are our options?

Does the 'The Girl' in question have a passport. 

As I understand it you may secure an abortion up to 24 weeks in Singapore...  

What are your options???

Its time to sit down with a pen and paper and start calling up hospital after hospital in Singapore until you find one that will do the procedure on a non-Singaporean resident. 

I'd also be 'googling' like heck to get as much information off the internet, make calls tomorrow to secure a plan and be prepared to take flights on Sunday... 

Edited by richard_smith237

Legally at 20 weeks?   Hong Kong, China, or Viet Nam.
 But in the case of VN you don't have much time as the cut off is 22 weeks.

In Ho Chi Minh, the Franco-Vietnamese is a private hospital with good reputation in terms of quality.

Why did she wait 5 months if she wants an abortion?

Singapore is indeed 24 weeks but limited toi Singaporean citizens and foreigners who have been resident for at least 4 months prior. They do nto want people flying in for abortions.

VN and China definitely easy (but need to move fast for VN). I assume HK would also be.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Singapore is indeed 24 weeks but limited toi Singaporean citizens and foreigners who have been resident for at least 4 months prior. They do nto want people flying in for abortions.

VN and China definitely easy (but need to move fast for VN). I assume HK would also be.

I don't have first hand information on any of this.

A British Friend and his Thai Girlfriend who both lived in Bangkok flew to Singapore for an Abortion - they somehow navigated this issue.

That said: Vietnam and China both seem like viable options for the OP (IF his GF has a passport). He needs to get moving on this straight away. 

His GF is either dragging her heels because she is unsure and / or not being completely open with him. Or she has kept quiet about it and is currently very frightened. 

The Op is clearly in quite a state of panic and needs to sit down, get some numbers call some hospitals and start getting a firm plan together. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Op also needs to take a deep breath and focus on his GF's welfare.

A termination at 20 weeks is no small matter, physically or emotionally.  The fetus at that point is fully formed and indeed, would be born alive and breathing (though of course very premature) if delivered in just a few weeks more time. She will very soon feel the baby moving and kicking if she has not already. That is a very profound experience for a woman.

There is a big difference between wanting an abortion and agreeing to one because the father of the baby isn't willing to have it so there seems no other choice. My concern is that this may be the situation. Women who really do not want/don't feel able to continue with a pregnancy do not usually wait 20 weeks.

20 weeks into the pregnancy, the hormonal changes are pretty profound.  It is not only a more complicated medical procedure but also more emotionally difficult.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You are going to have great difficulty getting an abortion at 20 weeks. It is no longer a clinic procedure, requires hospitalization, and in many countries where abortion is otherwise legal on demand, it no longer is after the first trimester unless the mother's health is in danger.

PDA clinics not an option once that far along. And a Thai doctor in any hospital would want require  strong justifcation to declare it necessary on mental or physical health grounds at such a gestation.

The question arises of how has it gotten this far advanced if the woman is sure she wants an abortion?

Are you sure that she wants an abortion (you obviously want her to have one, but that is not the same thing).

"You are going to have great difficulty getting an abortion at 20 weeks"- HE is not going to get one, the woman is 

yea idk why zhe witted so long i remember jokingly asking her if shes pregnant cause her boobs got bigger and she was like nah, but shes 100% for abortion i just think she very naive she said she thought she wasnt getting  her period due to stress or something (ik very dumb) we're going to cm clinic today to see what they can do as yes the baby is 20 weeks old but still much smaller than most 20 week old babies if nothing can be done in thailand we're looking for flights to another country

As previously mentioned, an abortion at 20 weeks is not a clinic procedure. Be very careful. Any clinic which offers to do this is not only acting illegally but quite likely also unsafely.

If you want exact information on a safe facility in Viet Nam for this call Marie Stopes International Viet Nam Office  +84 4 37225471.  For Hong Kong, contact the FP Assoc   for a referral  +852 2 572 2222

[email protected]

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

As previously mentioned, an abortion at 20 weeks is not a clinic procedure. Be very careful. Any clinic which offers to do this is not only acting illegally but quite likely also unsafely.

If you want exact information on a safe facility in Viet Nam for this call Marie Stopes International Viet Nam Office  +84 4 37225471.  For Hong Kong, contact the FP Assoc   for a referral  +852 2 572 2222

[email protected]

awesome thanks for that I'll give them a call

A post referencing illegal activity has been removed.

As OP has been advised, it is extremely dangerous to do this outside the law (and for that matter, it is riskier than a first trimester abortion even when done in a hospital, legally).

If the woman involved is equally sure that at termination is necessary, they will hopefully travel to a country where it can be legally and openly performed in a hospital.

Closed