Is VPN the solution to my needs?

user555

The latest version of Chrome now has a built in vpn although there are no UK servers included in the list of servers the last time I looked. Some corporate networks don't allow you to use your own vpn, I've been kicked from a network and have had to have the IT department reset my login when I've tried to use a vpn over a customers network.

10 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

The latest version of Chrome now has a built in vpn although there are no UK servers included in the list of servers the last time I looked. Some corporate networks don't allow you to use your own vpn, I've been kicked from a network and have had to have the IT department reset my login when I've tried to use a vpn over a customers network.

Don't you mean Opera?

2 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Don't you mean Opera?

yes sir, my bad lol  and I nearly wrote Torch instead - too early in the morning and only into my 2nd mug of tea.

Edited by sandrabbit

I use ExpressVPN for 3 years now.

Works fine on the desktop, on the mobile, and simultaneously.

It is not a free service, but servers all over the world.

Also works on 3G.

Did I mention the service if you have problems is very helpful?

5 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I use ExpressVPN for 3 years now.

Works fine on the desktop, on the mobile, and simultaneously.

It is not a free service, but servers all over the world.

Also works on 3G.

Did I mention the service if you have problems is very helpful?

I use Identity Cloaker and have been for about 8 yrs and it's allowed me to bypass censorship in China, Egypt, Iran & Venezuela plus a few others plus it has a great range of countries where the servers are located.

3 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Is this VPN for all the network activities or only for the browser? Does uTorrent goes over this VPN?

What exactly do you want ? I'm confused that the need for an encrypted line.

How much do you want to spend and where do you want to end up? I have a 500GB seedbox in France for torrents and I run a VPN client on my MacBook to my server because some apartments / hotels won't allow me to access the server. It's not a lot of good it you want a node in the UK but it allows me to maintain a ratio on a few private trackers. It costs me 500B a month.

Edited by recom273

Rude <deleted>

Can using VPN at the office provide me with a safe connection?

Yes, of course it can any web search could have revealed the answer.

If so, is there a VPN service you recommend ?

Yes, people have suggested plenty for free .. Can you use them for torrenting? - No, they are used for watching TV.

You need an VPN with an OpenVPN key and you use a VPN client on your computer.

What's the best VPN for you? One that provides this.

What happened to the ability of explaining yourself properly in the first place .. Paranoid or what?

PIA...Private Internet Access. $40 USD/yr. Excellent VPN and cheap compared to most. Secure and has auto-connect, which usually connects to a Singapore server here in Thailand...or has many countries to manually choose from. Excellent product, easy to use and great value! :thumbsup: