Not guilty! Thai body builders chucked out of Vietnam event did not take performance enhancing substances, says team boss.

rooster59

Not guilty! Thai body builders chucked out of Vietnam event did not take performance enhancing substances, says team boss.

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuqvhSlCDDcuASW23rcNF8RPzRFpm8i9u5h5ywa9.jpg

Image: Thairath

Two Thai body builders who were thrown out of an event in Da Nang, Vietnam, on Wednesday for taking illegal substances are not guilty, said their team boos back in Thailand on Friday.

Bunchai Saetae said that Ekaphon Thongsuk and Anat Phumesuk had not taken illegal substances. He took them for testing but this was unable to be done until October 7th.

The pair were removed from the Asian Beach Games 2016 on Wednesday but Bunchai said there were irregularities with procedures and no documents had been filed. 

They should have been allowed to compete and if there was a problem they could have been punished afterwards. But he guaranteed there was not.

The athletes would be checked when 61 members of the Thai Bodybuilding team gather on October 7th.

All those athletes will be competing in the World Bodybuilding Championships to be held in Pattaya from November 29th to December 5th.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-01

Bodybuilders using bodybuilding drugs like steroids. Strange that I have never heard of that one before. Why would I not believe what the Team Boss says even though thousands might not? Loss of face must have been a real smackdown.

18 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Bodybuilders using bodybuilding drugs like steroids. Strange that I have never heard of that one before. Why would I not believe what the Team Boss says even though thousands might not? Loss of face must have been a real smackdown.

Hard to test if they have used or not if they stopped on time. But its quite likely they used.. almost everyone in sports from soccer to cycling uses drugs.. its just a game not to get caught. There are few who are really clean. 

But as i said hard to test because if you take it and stop your values go back to normal. 

Would like to see pictures of them and I could definitely give a very good estimate if they have used anabolic steroids within the last 6 months. As mentioned this is rife in all sports and bodybuilding even more. Knowing the Thai bodybuilders like the rest are heavy users of AS and I am sure those in the competition are users too, unless it is a natty (natural competition) and even then there are lots of users.

Business idea:  Open class body building where anything goes.

If you can't stop 'em, you may as well make some money from them- and let them profit from their efforts.  I suspect there would be quite a few dodgy sponsors eager to peddle their latest generation wares.

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Business idea:  Open class body building where anything goes.

If you can't stop 'em, you may as well make some money from them- and let them profit from their efforts.  I suspect there would be quite a few dodgy sponsors eager to peddle their latest generation wares.

They already have that in the US.. all competitions on the highest level are where everything goes.  As always the US leads by example.

As for the latest generation wares.. its not much different the last 10 years.. nothing new cutting edge. But even with steroids you still need to train hard and have the best genes to win. 

Edited by robblok

Just now, robblok said:

They already have that in the US.. all competitions on the highest level are where everything goes. 

Dang.  There goes my $$$ million idea...

Gotta admit, even if I were interested in competitive bodybuilding, I'd have to work 5x as hard as a guy with better genetics just to keep even.   Sure, I can look and lift better than I do, but just like beauty pageants, 99% of us are locked out of serious competition by our poor choice of parents.

21 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Would like to see pictures of them and I could definitely give a very good estimate if they have used anabolic steroids within the last 6 months. As mentioned this is rife in all sports and bodybuilding even more. Knowing the Thai bodybuilders like the rest are heavy users of AS and I am sure those in the competition are users too, unless it is a natty (natural competition) and even then there are lots of users.

The ones in competition have almost all used, but these guys are huge. As for natty .. i bet a lot of cheating happens there too. Steroids can help for sure.. but without proper food.. training and genes they would still lose. I could take loads of steroids .. train hard.. and I would still not win. I certainly am not a small guys.. but the ones competing have better genes.. maybe workout harder it is still an accomplishment given wat a time you need to invest and how you need to keep your food intake under control. 

Personally I don't want to look like a pro bodybuilder (and would not even if I tried hard). But I do acknowledge the accomplishment of them. 

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Hard to test if they have used or not if they stopped on time. But its quite likely they used.. almost everyone in sports from soccer to cycling uses drugs.. its just a game not to get caught. There are few who are really clean. 

But as i said hard to test because if you take it and stop your values go back to normal. 

How do  you know "Almost everyone in sports uses drugs"?  Have you seen the  data?  Did you work at the WADA? I don't think so. Are you aware that there are many clean athletes who have succeeded because of their genetics, their training and diets?  Yes, I get it. Weight lifting attracts psychologically deficient people who are likely to use drugs. That is indeed a given. However, there are sports where people are  more likely to be clean than tainted and it is unfair to athletes  who play it clean to mae the claim that they use drugs.

While  there are countries like China and Russia where the state actively supports doping, there are also many countries where there are rigorous screening programs to stop the dangerous practice.  Thailand isn't one of them.

Just now, impulse said:

Dang.  There goes my $$$ million idea...

Gotta admit, even if I were interested in competitive bodybuilding, I'd have to work 5x as hard as a guy with better genetics just to keep even.   Sure, I can look and lift better than I do, but just like beauty pageants, 99% of us are locked out of serious competition by our poor choice of parents.

Yes that is the whole point.. I mean Lance Armstrong would not be a champion without his good genes... though we should never discard all the time and effort the top puts in their sport. But without the right genes.. you will never make it to the top. 

1 minute ago, geriatrickid said:

How do  you know "Almost everyone in sports uses drugs"?  Have you seen the  data?  Did you work at the WADA? I don't think so. Are you aware that there are many clean athletes who have succeeded because of their genetics, their training and diets?  Yes, I get it. Weight lifting attracts psychologically deficient people who are likely to use drugs. That is indeed a given. However, there are sports where people are  more likely to be clean than tainted and it is unfair to athletes  who play it clean to mae the claim that they use drugs.

While  there are countries like China and Russia where the state actively supports doping, there are also many countries where there are rigorous screening programs to stop the dangerous practice.  Thailand isn't one of them.

I think your a bit naive.. but that is what i think.. just look at cycling.. even soccer has them. Now perhaps figure skating does not have them. Its not just weight lifting.. if you think that your mistaken. Besides.. you can take drugs off season that never come up during a test. 

Just now, robblok said:

Yes that is the whole point.. I mean Lance Armstrong would not be a champion without his good genes... though we should never discard all the time and effort the top puts in their sport. But without the right genes.. you will never make it to the top. 

Absolutely.  1% may have the genetics to compete, but that's just the entry fee.  Hard work, dedication (and a little bit of luck) weeds that down to 0.0001% that become champions.

there is a serious lack of detail in this report, did they just look at them and say - you are using ????

and then banned them lol

ok maybe I missed something but in order to determine the taking of drugs they would have had to have been tested and failed

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Bunchai Saetae said that Ekaphon Thongsuk and Anat Phumesuk had not taken illegal substances. He took them for testing but this was unable to be done until October 7th.

So he know already that they haven't taken drugs however he hasn't tested them yet?

Why wait till October 7th?

Answer : To make sure the drugs have worn out, at they were supposed to have worn out already at the date of the contest, but may be these 2 took a bit more or after the date they were advised.

Trust us. we're Thai

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Do steroids shrink your privates and brain or were they all that way before they started?

It also affects your sex life,a good friend of my brother had to take "the stuff" and he was young

like 25yrs old,  

Steroids are available over the counter in Thailand. Anyone who does not think Thai

body builders "juice" is kidding themselves.  It is accepted amongst the competitors

as it was in cycling at one time.