Thailand's Generation Y: More sex but more debt

rooster59

2 hours ago, KBsinter said:

Generation Y members are marrying later or not at all. They don't want children

The only people I know who married are Falangs ,NEVER MET  aThai girl who actually 

married in the "Office"( proper marriage) and I met a lot of them,because I employed

many many , of them.

We're having a rash of babies being born to Thai women at our office.  Every one of them married to a Thai guy.  They're at that age where the same thing happens in offices back home...  Great to see that they're not much different, and from all appearances, loving and attentive parents.

Sometimes I read the crap here and wonder whether I live in a different country, also called Thailand.

Edited by impulse

On October 1, 2016 at 9:30 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

generally true however not debt to raise children any more. thailands birth rate has dropped from 6 to 1.6 kids per female over the last 100 years. no where near enough to replace the current population. with almost no immigration it will be interesting to see how thailand copes with the problems that come with an aging and declining population. more retired expats maybe?

Yes more tourism would be a brilliant idea, letting the population drop considerably would be the smartest thing I have seen any country do. Let the expats and tourist spending pay for the care of the masses of old Thais while the population drops and soon Thailand would be a very prosperous country.  Letting millions of working immigrants in to try to compete with China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and the like will only drag the country down, as they will eventually have to pay for the care of these workers, who will have paid very little into society other than their blood, sweat and tears of a life time of starvation wages. Thailand's closed border regulations, and high tariffs put them at a great advantage over the rest of the world in my opinion. They can produce anything anybody else can and keep the jobs here, while increasing wages as they don't have to worry about being undersold by countries using slave wages. This would require them to stop using slave conditions themselves of course, and that doesn't look to likely does it. So yeah your right, how will they cope, I better twist up another one and give this some more thought.

On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 7:13 AM, petermik said:

And what % on condoms :shock1:

I got a box of 100 units Free of charge from provincial health office... 555. Big Blue box. And validity date was not expired. Made from their rubber. Think globally. Mate locally!