Corpse in the freezer now has a name - is Hungarian born US citizen

Jonathan Fairfield

Corpse in the freezer now has a name - is Hungarian born US citizen

tna.png

Image: tna

BANGKOk:-- Police on Saturday evening named the corpse found cut up in the freezer found with the three suspects in custody after a raid on business premises in Sukhumvit Soi 56 last week.

After consultative work with their American counterparts the man was named as Charles Edward Ditlefson. He was born in Hungary and had US citizenship, they said. He is thought to have died in 2008.

Police are now interviewing everyone who can help with helping them understand the suspects' relationship, if any, with the dead man.

TNA reported that the man known as Peter Andrew Johnson or Herbert Craig La Fon now says that he did not murder the man in the freezer, but he did admit to hiding the body.

Police dismiss this idea.

"Peter" is now out of hospital. He is the man thought to have fired the shots that injured the tourist cop during the raid that was first mounted to investigate the men for passport forgery.

"Peter" is being interviewed at Phrakhanong police station along with the two other suspects. All are Americans.

They are saying very little and all have lawyers at their sides.

Met chief Sanit Mahathavorn joined key officers in a three hour meeting to discuss the case on Saturday saying after that ten key witnesses have already been interviewed and there are many more to come.

Source: Thai News Agency

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key witness emerges in body-in-freezer case

THE SUNDAY NATION

30296693-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK:-- POLICE have spoken to a key female witness about the case in which a dismembered body was found in the freezer at a Bangkok building and are confident they will have significant evidence this week.

Police raided the building used by an alleged American passport-forging gang in Phra Khanong district last Friday and found the body of a foreign male in the freezer.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-02

If Thai Police does not find an answer to some questions they might have concerning some criminal cases , it would be sufficient to ask some TV members who know everything , ( better ) ...

Sorry, I dont follow, clueless, why?

They go to move in on a passport forgery gang.

They have 3 guys with multiple passports who after some time have established their true identities. Then we have a guy in a freezer for 8 years, difficult again to identify but have now established his identity.

They have managed to identify what they think is a key witness.

All this is a week. Not bad I'd say.

1 hour ago, pumpuy said:

If Thai Police does not find an answer to some questions they might have concerning some criminal cases , it would be sufficient to ask some TV members who know everything , ( better ) ...

Those 3 are members of the american intelligence community. (oxymoron alert!)

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The police are making things up as they go along.
Completely clueless as per usual.

Bit like some of your posts :cheesy: :smile:

But that's not unique to the BiB. Just about every official, sales assistant, or anyone you ask a question here seems to make the answer up.

From the Nation article.

Lefron told police that Ditlefsen was killed because of a US$60,000 (Bt2 million) debt.

Neighbours told police 'Peter' and his Thai wife bought the Soi 56 shophouse for 7.5 million in cash a year ago.
Additionally
He a well-known face in the Patpong area with many who’ve known him for years shocked at his involvement.

This was on the net a week ago. Hardly breaking news.

As for TV or other expat forum members knowing anything more in this case. Why don't the police offer a reward for information. Who wants to help out if there is no insentive to do so.

All done by the FBI.

Thats called cooperation, much the same as the Americans would ask for help in identifying Thai nationals, pretty standard operating across the world

Secondly, I don't follow your train of thought here, '"Lefron told police that Ditlefsen was killed because of a US$60,000 (Bt2 million) debt"'

And? Simply said as a result of a debt, not who did it. Who's clueless?

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Sorry, I dontisinollow, clueless, why?

ishey go to move in on a passport forgery gang.

They have 3 guys with multiple passports who after some time have established their true identities. Then we have a guy in a freezer for 8 years, difficult again to identify but have now established his identity.

They have managed to identify what they think is a key witness.

All this is a week. Not bad I'd say.

There will always be the naysayers sungod.

I think they're doing OK too, but some will never be happy.

What they don't know, or want to know, Is that Investigating agencies selectively release Information, and misinformation as part of their plan.  Then there Is the press who often misreport.

Most of those commenting negatively are relying on hearsay and have had no actual contact with the RTP.

Sanit joined key officers who are either in non active posts. Due to the fact they have dragged it out like there the Knights of Thailand. Bumbling bunny's.  He admitted to murder and passport forgery. 

Sanit exhausted all avenues to gather information in regards to a very important part of this ground breaking performance. Sanit and his crew of misfits and corrupt puppets questioned everyone even the pet dog.

Sanit has a damaged vocal cord

HIM HAVE MONEY ?

NO..OK

Onto next innocent friend 

YOU see MR PETER ?

Him have money ?  Where is money ??

OK NO MONEY 

WRAP UP THE CASE.

Sanit is known for distorting the truth. This is no exception.

Obviously key witness is the Wife of "Peter" who will spill the beans on everthing she knows so he fcuked..was fcuked anyway when he shot the cop,cops then just got to link her info with what they can prove or get more witnesses to corroborate what she says then job done,why will be all wrapped up in a few days..as i said in beginning then they probably kept the body as a scarer to anyone who owed money and didnt want pay("Peters" idea???  must have worked anyway to risk keeping it)...bring his head to your bar/house or even a leg and might persuade you to be more inclined to pay out.

"Father" you could have give us all the info you knew in the beginning as not all of us live in Bangkok or drink around there..............what else they been up to then or known for ?? can you beat the police again!!

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The police are making things up as they go along.

Completely clueless as per usual.

Some of us think that you make up your posts as you go along and are pretty certain you are just as clueless when it comes to giving "tips" on this case,   unless, of course, you have some reason to justify your "completely useless" description. 

Doubtless you will be unable to give more information due to the ongoing investigation that has prevented you from doing so previously.

It is interesting that the Bangkok Post has a report confirming, with corroborating statements, that these men were regulars and very well known in Patpong.  No mention of Soi 22 so far from those who actually know what's going on.

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Actually that's true in this instance, the whole of Soi 22 knew who they were and that they were up to no good for a number of years now. We also knew their real nationalities here on TV long before the Thai Police did. I am betting one or two posters know more than the Police even at this stage. 

They are making it up as they go along as is typical in a case where they cannot solve it themselves. Luckily for them this time by a blind stroke of luck (thanks to a tip-off) they stumbled onto a bigger crime than the one they thought they were uncovering. 

As to clueless, read the article. As usual from the Nation it is badly written and contradictory but the Police have said firstly " Lefron insisted he was not the murderer and that he only dismembered the body of Hungarian national Charles Edward Ditlefsen to fit in the freezer. He claimed the killer was his friend, who had since died of cancer." then they go on to state, "Lefron told police that Ditlefsen was killed because of a US$60,000 (Bt2 million) debt."

So which one is it? 

What do you mean "which one is it?"  There is only one choice, he is not giving alternatives and nothing in the quote you refer to has any contradictions.

This is the Thai Police mate, they couldn't find their ar*e in the dark with both hands and a torch. 

...and you could?

So the body wasn't Peter's lover, whom he couldn't stand to be separate from? Will Peter and his wife get back together? Or will she sell him out to the police? Will Peter ever be able collect on his lost debt, or was he crossed by one of his partners? When is the next episode???

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. These gitys are professional extortionists, and their activities are well known in Bangkok by many expatriates and locals alike. 

These guys have been living in Thailand for years. Travelling in and out on false passports with total impunity, unhindered by the RTP at borders and airports and anywhere else they went about their criminal business. There's no coincidence why they chose Thailand to conduct their criminal activities.

The Police stumbled onto this crime gang who were operating under their noses for years thanks to a tip-off (possibly from the guy Peter was allegedly fighting in Tilac bar some weeks ago). 

A lucky break for the BiB. 

:cheesy:

This is the Thai Police mate, they couldn't find their ar*e in the dark with both hands and a torch. 

In your opinion, based on little more than hearsay.

'Lucky breaks' are often the result of hard slog police work.

None of us know exactly why the police qwent to the premises.  It's been reported that It was Investigating a forgery ring, but It may have been more.

Still unable to edit typos since TV upgrade.

49 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

In your opinion, based on little more than hearsay.

'Lucky breaks' are often the result of hard slog police work.

I think you'll find that in the l of S "lucky breaks" are invariably the result of tip offs, being numerous degenerate grasses around. 

I think you'll find that in the l of S "lucky breaks" are invariably the result of tip offs, being numerous degenerate grasses around. 

As opposed to the hero murders at the top of the evolutionary ladder?

Edited by Jdietz

18 minutes ago, ace said:

Agreed, and some hard work.  'Invarianly' mreans always, and that's not thne case.

Police are fortunate, as are the public, that there are 'numerous degenerate grasses around.'

Are you suggesting people with knowledge of crimes shouldn't grass?

Sorry, can't edit typos.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I drank in the same bars as the suspects for about 8 years along Soi 22. Can't help seeing them around and hear what people are saying about them. Spoke to them once or twice as you do.

I have known of this "Peter" guy for over 20 years and knew him when he was a regular in Patpong back in the 90's.

Now run along there's a good chap.

Is this a confession, Father?

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I drank in the same bar n as the suspects for about 8 years along Soi 22. Can't help seeing them around and hear what people are saying about them. Spoke to them once or twice as you do.

I have known of this "Peter" guy for over 20 years and knew him when he was a regular in Patpong back in the 90's.

Now run along there's a good chap.

I recall having a frw beers with him too.  Told me he had a body In a freezer, but I thought he was bs' Ing.

I've never been to Patpong so It must have been a Sukhumvit bar.

Now running along.