Pound drops to lowest level since 1985 

webfact

1 minute ago, i claudius said:

Yes very nice,but its about immigrants from India,Poland and China,don't get many of those in the camps at Calais , don't bother replying ,you lot will twist anything ,go hug Lilly Allan ,it might stop her crying

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/08/professional-refugees-lawyers-doctors-minimum-wage-uk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

3 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Not hard with a tiny bit of research.

http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/pa014.pdf

Immigrants are, on average, more educated than their UK-born counterparts, and the educational attainment gap has been rising over time since more recent immigrants are more educated, on average, than other immigrants (see Table 2). While more than half of the UK-born workforce left school at 16 or earlier, fewer than one in six new immigrants finished their education by the age of 16. Just over one in five UK-born members of the workforce finished education at 21 or later compared with more than 40% of all immigrants and more than 50% of all new immigrants.

Pretty sure there is no degree in 'Somali goat herding'.

I would take those figures with a pinch of salt. You might as well also quote the number of Thais that possess a university degree. Apples and Oranges come to mind.

Seems a bit more reliable than a blanket unsubstantiated statement that they are 'mainly Somali goat herders' though.

Gotta love the 'don't bother replying' end-of-discussion comment. The internet equivalent of a toddler sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting 'naaaah naaah naah I can't hear you'.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Pity it mainly Somali goat herders that are coming to the west not Afghan engineers isnt it?

but hey keep waving the"refuge welcome" placards and crying along with Lilly, you are in the minority by 1000 to one ,

As I recall, the Brexit vote was 52% to 48%.  I wonder if those goatherds, as ill-educated as they might be. would interpret that as a 1000 to 1 support for your position. They would have a reasonable excuse for being inept with arithmetic; what's yours?

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

This is not a racist rant , its just facts ,the people that are coming are not going to help the west and become "good" citizens , I have been in many of their lands and to be blunt they live like animals , t

This may not be your idea of a racist, or, if you will, bigoted but believe me, it qualifies as such.

Meanwhile, back at the coal face of serious debate. Looks like Hammond is getting stick from some of the right wing nutters who can not discuss anything rationally. Looks like sovereignty is not even with the executive but the barmy right wing third of the executive

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/16/philip-hammond-in-cabinet-row-over-accusations-he-is-trying-to-u/

7 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

It's a sad thing to read those stories, so much talent and skill going to waste.

So why can't they use all there talent an education to build/reform there own country, as I would have thought that would be a priority. The guardian newspaper is a left wing newspaper that wants the UK to be integrated with everyone and anyone.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/603797/Migrant-crisis-FAKE-Syrian-claim-asylum-Europe

https://www.socialeurope.eu/2015/06/five-reasons-why-migration-into-europe-is-a-problem-with-no-solution/

if you can get the daily mail say the same as have other papers and non main stream media.

Why are the Polish, Spanish and Greek, hospital and teachers in the UK. Simple. They get much more, that is if they can get a job in their home country at all, salary than they would.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So why can't they use all there talent an education to build/reform there own country, as I would have thought that would be a priority. The guardian newspaper is a left wing newspaper that wants the UK to be integrated with everyone and anyone.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/603797/Migrant-crisis-FAKE-Syrian-claim-asylum-Europe

https://www.socialeurope.eu/2015/06/five-reasons-why-migration-into-europe-is-a-problem-with-no-solution/

if you can get the daily mail say the same as have other papers and non main stream media.

Why are the Polish, Spanish and Greek, hospital and teachers in the UK. Simple. They get much more, that is if they can get a job in their home country at all, salary than they would.

Welcome back Gravy!

We missed you!

I don't consider The Mail or The Express to be serious newspapers.  Viz is rather more erudite!

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The guardian newspaper is a left wing newspaper that wants the UK to be integrated with everyone and anyone.

I love the irony of how you pour scorn on the credibility of the Guardian and then provide a link to the Express as if it is some sort of moral arbiter. Is that the only Northern & Shell publication you peruse, or are you also partial to some of its stablemates? Have they had a headline yet about how Remoaners are a principal cause of Cancer, were driving the white Fiat Uno and are in cahoots with Kate McCann?

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And this is wrong because why? It is exactly the reason I work in a foreign country.

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

I would have once agreed with you ,but now things are changing at a very fast rate , what will break up the E.U is the millions of economic migrants that are making their way to the west as their lands implode , This is not a racist rant , its just facts ,the people that are coming are not going to help the west and become "good" citizens , I have been in many of their lands and to be blunt they live like animals , they are just importing it and the population of <Italy Greece , Germany , Sweden etc etc , will not stand for it .this is what will destroy the E.U .

We are in agreement about the migrant crisis, and the EU will have to face up to this issue and start sending many of these people back where they came from. Merkel contributed to the mess and she is suffering politically for it ... I suspect that policy changes are inevitable ... this issue certainly puts a strain on relations but I'm not convinced that the EU will break up because of it ... but will almost certainly lead to changes. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, something that I have been banging the drums about for a while now.

Euro is a 'house of cards' ready to collapse, key single currency architect warns

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/eurozone-euro-collapse-house-of-cards-ecb-single-currency-a7364826.html

Sterling is taking a hit right now. That will change dramatically at the end of March 2017.

52 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

....and how many safe countries did these "refugees" pass through before getting to the UK?

Would it be fair to say that the majority of them are economic migrants looking for a better life? And as such they will head for the places they think offer that. 

That's not an endorsement ... 

This tells a more realistic picture and not to believe the BBC and Sky news who are constantly bombarding the UK people of their blatant lies.

http://www.blacksmithpublishing.com/blacksmith-warrior/4-out-of-5-immigrants-are-not-from-syria/

Italy also has migrant problems and the Spectator tells you where the migrants are coming from.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/06/the-invasion-of-italy/

July, and I also have no idea why this was not brought up loudly during the run-up to the referendum.

One of the more curious aspects of the recent debate about Brexit is the extent to which the best part of almost a decade's worth of incessant and violent eurozone crises, usually driven by busted banks or governments, have been forgotten. The latest official "stress tests" of the financial robustness of leading banks across the EU are a timely reminder that the European financial system is far from fixed. Predictably, the Italian banks did badly, but so too did the Royal Bank of Scotland, including NatWest, majority owned by the British public. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/editorials/the-forgotten-part-of-the-brexit-debate-the-eurozone-a7164066.html

This, as I have highlighted many times, is going to destroy the EU. Brexit will be nothing more than a mere hiccup in the grand scheme of things.

As you can read for yourself, the elephant in the room is missing. No mention of Deutsche Bank which will be the catalyst.

I trust that all you highly educated people, who are so keen and quick to try and deride other people, can look beyond the end of your collective noses, and stop sweating the small stuff, the big stuff is far more important.

I think we need to differentiate between Euro and EU.

Italian referendum in early December is one to watch ... should Renzi fail to gain support for his reforms new elections may bring more radical anti-Euro politicians to the fore ... and potentially an exit from the Euro.

Will the Euro collapse? Or might it just be adopted by those countries whose economies are more in sync? Whatever happens it requires reform, as some countries should never have been allowed to join in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I love the irony of how you pour scorn on the credibility of the Guardian and then provide a link to the Express as if it is some sort of moral arbiter. Is that the only Northern & Shell publication you peruse, or are you also partial to some of its stablemates? Have they had a headline yet about how Remoaners are a principal cause of Cancer, were driving the white Fiat Uno and are in cahoots with Kate McCann?

And this is wrong because why? It is exactly the reason I work in a foreign country.

I didn't say it was wrong at all. Clearly pointing out that those in hospitals and schools can't get jobs in their own countries and they are paid more in the UK.

What is wrong in my opinion is letting those in the UK without jobs.

I would still like the UK to train more doctors and nurses and teachers from the UK.

Bringing anything about the McCann's loses any credibility you have at all, even wit.

This tells a more realistic picture and not to believe the BBC and Sky news who are constantly bombarding the UK people of their blatant lies.
http://www.blacksmithpublishing.com/blacksmith-warrior/4-out-of-5-immigrants-are-not-from-syria/

Italy also has migrant problems and the Spectator tells you where the migrants are coming from.
http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/06/the-invasion-of-italy/

You are surely not accusing the BBC and Sky of lying and using a Daily Mail story to back your your claim are you?

2 minutes ago, Orac said:

You are surely not accusing the BBC and Sky of lying and using a Daily Mail story to back your your claim are you?

No they are all liars and have a political agenda of some sort. Some more than others.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

I believe that these two you mentioned did fool many people. if it wasn't for the fact that people, those that work and those who can't get a job, have had enough. The two sectors I mention the NHS and education are swamped with migrants and are ready to explode in some areas. Schools have a constant daily intake of fresh migrants putting even more pressure on the education system. No wonder teachers want to leave the profession, although I admit this is not the only reason.

Doctors and Nurses, whom I have quite a few friends are also at exploding point and realise that enough is enough.

I believe if the mainstream media didn't peddle the bias that they did, then the outcome for Brexit would have been even greater.

As for the pound, these media corporations and papers are doing the pound no good and are waiting, praying, hoping, manipulating for it to collapse, so to inform us, we voted the wrong way.

I have been through it before with posters on here and won't go into it again. Re-read the thread if you are interested. I firmly believe the pound will bounce back and for me I expect that the establishment will do its very best, to try and make it fail. Either way the UK should be getting its sovereignty back, controlling its borders, making its own decisions and for that I am happy. Amongst other things.

I will not be replying to those stalkers who shout, scream and bully you until you get the answer or point of view that they have.

1 hour ago, SgtRock said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, something that I have been banging the drums about for a while now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/eurozone-euro-collapse-house-of-cards-ecb-single-currency-a7364826.html

Sterling is taking a hit right now. That will change dramatically at the end of March 2017.

The last time you put on your sterling exchange hat you were predicting a firm sterling bounce 'er.... this October.

23 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I shall leave this here:

Boris-Johnson-574738.jpg

Yes and only a nugget head would believe such garbage, please don't tell me someone with such an high intelligence as you believed that utter nonsense. Us numpties didn't believe Osborne. ??

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes and only a nugget head would believe such garbage, please don't tell me someone with such an high intelligence as you believed that utter nonsense. Us numpties didn't believe Osborne. ??

At no point have I ever suggested that I was anything other than oilfield trash, with the attendant intelligence. But my inferior intellect aside, if the Brexit camp were all aware that this was garbage, are you suggesting that they deliberately lied to the country about something as sacrisanct as the NHS in a cynical move to convince those who may be on the fence to fall on the side of Leave?