Thailand Post. Goods taken from package.

JeroenVrooms

So I just received clothing I ordered and was shipped by Thailand post.  Apparently there are 6 pieces missing. So Thailand post,  beware with sending valuable goods. This case it wasn't that valuable. Still I put up a complaint and Thailand post said they will do everything to investigate the issue. In my case I don't expect anything from them,  because this is Thailand.  Goods are gone in someone else their possession and ready to sell already, probably.  With me left behind with a minor loss of money. 

Well atleast it's a good reminder and wake up call always to be doubtful leaving your stuff in trust of other companies.  In the west I have sent and received probably hundreds of packages and on very rare occasions things got lost, but always reimbursed. Here I've had to deal two times total with Thai postal offices and already been ripped off.

Thai corruption will never end and so won't it's poverty. 

Received countless of parcels through Thai post under my own name.. never a problem. I trust them. Does not mean there is no risk. Maybe you got a bad postman in your area.  I give mine a bottle of JW black label every year for his good services.

Was the package still sealed?  Without that tidbit I'd flip a coin between the Thailand Post and the vendor.  Then flip another coin between vendor boo-boo and vendor shorting you deliberately.  Or maybe sending some items under separate package which will arrive later.

Like robblok, my experience with the Thailand Post has been nothing but favorable.  But that's not an endorsement, just a personal anecdote.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Was the package still sealed?  Without that tidbit I'd flip a coin between the Thailand Post and the vendor.  Then flip another coin between vendor boo-boo and vendor shorting you deliberately.  Or maybe sending some items under separate package which will arrive later.

Like robblok, my experience with the Thailand Post has been nothing but favorable.  But that's not an endorsement, just a personal anecdote.

My bet is also on the vendor, because the postman would take the whole package, instead of just a few items.

The way i see it, it is the seller's responsibility to get the goods safely into your hands….they need to insure packages appropriately.

If you have paid by paypal or a good credit card that offers buyer protection, I would open a case…it is sure to go in your favour.

I hope you took pictures of the package when it arrived…showing signs of the package being torn open before it got to you.

i have never had a problem with thai post either.. had the package been opened, was it sent registered, can you be sure the sender put the items in the pak in the first place?  if you use EMS then should be no problem, ofcource standard airmail is not 100% reliable in any country and thats why the better quality registered services exist in the first place.

I have had one package sent from Europe disappeared completely, while a second identical package (sent after the first) arrived timely. Over the years just this one package. Another package sent from Amazon I could see had been opened (prolly by customs) but nothing missing. However I have same problem as someone else reported here not long ago, that letters and bills such as True for example arrives a month or even two months late or just disappears for some reason.

I think it comes down to the staff at you local post office, because they just expanded the local office a while back and added staff, it was after that the problems started...

Edited by AlQaholic

Had new visa cards from home disappear in the post twice, the post office said they are aware of it happening as workers can sell cards, they say they are unable to stop it. Also know another person that had several packages disappear as well so got one registered, that also disappeared but the signature on the card was not his but the postmans, he had stolen all the packages and sold them,  no replacement of goods or payment of costs of them plus the postman kept his job as well,. I use the post a lot and while the majority of things do arrive the occasional one does disappear but thai post so far has never accepted responsibility. 

Over a period of time I've had three packages from the UK go missing, but nothing important.

One of the packages was sent by UK registered post but the sender was told by the post office that they couldn't guarantee once it left the country that it would get to me, it didn't!

All packages were sent with the address printed in Thai.

I had the reverse I have been sending mail to the U.K. For 25 years without a problem usually letters and photos in August I sent a school brochure and a cd of some Malaysian photos and my family it arrived after 2 weeks twice the normal time the envelope was taped but this was cut the cd had been broken in half put back in with the brochure resealed the delivered I have written to Thai post but so far no response 

3 minutes ago, Raybangkok said:

I had the reverse I have been sending mail to the U.K. For 25 years without a problem usually letters and photos in August I sent a school brochure and a cd of some Malaysian photos and my family it arrived after 2 weeks twice the normal time the envelope was taped but this was cut the cd had been broken in half put back in with the brochure resealed the delivered I have written to Thai post but so far no response 

I had the same problem with sending some stuff to the UK registered. It took 3 1/2 week.. crazy. But stuff from the UK to Thailand usually gets here quite fast bit over a week. 

I use Thailand post a lot both internally and for incoming purchases and have done so for many years without a problem .

If the package showed signs of being tampered with you should not have accepted it .This should have been opened by you at the post office with witnesses to verify the contents . A correctly sealed package might indicate your cause of complaint may be elsewhere.

The vendor wanted to reimburse me fully 100%, of the missing goods. I refused since she cut price already for me then most sellers and didn't make much out of it. The vendor also was a friend of my Thai GF. I ordered with her before and was all good so far. 

The package arrived like it's been kicked around heavily damaged, cause it was opened by force, seemed really rough. The package when sent weighed 13kg and when arrived 11kg, also indication that it wasn't the vendor. 

Funny matter I wanted to send the package in parts,  because I already worried about such a thing happening.  Ofcourse myself GF said no, need to save money,  etc. Didn't argue with the GF about and just agreed and didn't argue to her when the goods we're gone. She's said after we should send packages in parts from now on, which I suggested in the first place, trololol.

Anyway I'll just order the shirts again newly, since they come cheap,  not a huge loss. I've put a complaint up with Thailand post and they'll investigate and come up with a solution. Sadly I highly doubt this.

But it's good to hear most experiences are good and then advice don't hurt either.  ??

19 minutes ago, jippytum said:

I use Thailand post a lot both internally and for incoming purchases and have done so for many years without a problem .

If the package showed signs of being tampered with you should not have accepted it .This should have been opened by you at the post office with witnesses to verify the contents . A correctly sealed package might indicate your cause of complaint may be elsewhere.

I have never thought about it like that. I'll use this advice if that's the case again.  Thanks ??. 

This is actually the first time it's happened to me therefore I lack experience to deal with a situation like this, but we learn everyday. 

Edited by JeroenVrooms
Misspellings, auto correct.

ive had packages gone missing,,, now always have things sent to me registered mail as it goes through different routing to get here.  ive been able to track one missing items from shipper into the country through bangkok up to the sri racha sorting station then no more info,, i went there they were extremely helpful and suggested the problem was probably at the sri racha sub station  went there no help was given said the package never entered thailand and everyone came out from the back to see who was asking

Sooooooooooo  as i said i now send everything here via registered mail have had no problems since   wines , credit cards etc anything important or expensive

Australian companies have refused to send goods, either via boat or mail, for several years due to the high theft/missing rate when goods enter the local delivery system. It's difficult to even find companies prepared to send household effects via container.  Trying to purchase items through eBay, Amazon etc is theoretical once sellers realise you live in Thailand. There are some Thai-owned small businesses in Australia prepared to risk your goods through the pilfer gauntlet. Using a Thai friend's name as the addressee rather than a farang name sounds like a possible solution with less risk.  Still, the authorities persist in telling the local Thai public often about Thailand's wonderful reputation overseas and its global standing.

5 minutes ago, sandemara said:

Australian companies have refused to send goods, either via boat or mail, for several years due to the high theft/missing rate when goods enter the local delivery system. It's difficult to even find companies prepared to send household effects via container.  Trying to purchase items through eBay, Amazon etc is theoretical once sellers realise you live in Thailand. There are some Thai-owned small businesses in Australia prepared to risk your goods through the pilfer gauntlet. Using a Thai friend's name as the addressee rather than a farang name sounds like a possible solution with less risk.  Still, the authorities persist in telling the local Thai public often about Thailand's wonderful reputation overseas and its global standing.

Strange as I often order high valued items from different Australian companies, and I have never been refused, and so do I know a few other people.

Oh wait, you just made this up, didn't you?

Yep, has happened to me  to many times in Chiang Mai. Only answer is to get return receipt having signature. Fro me they have gotten to me intact and ok every time. and this even includes stuff from the USA. If not, it will be gone for sure. Postal theft is huge.

43 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

If it arrived damaged as you say firstly why did you accept it??

It could well have been damaged in transit and the goods fell out happens. You was already worried about this happening!!! WHY???

Why?? Cause this is Thailand.  My gf accepted the box, not me... I came to her work and was like 'thats one shitty looking box'. It raised some suspicion, but knew it was wrong when I opened it.

What are you by the way? A murder case detective?  Why.... Why!! WHY!!!!

Sience 10 Years I am pretty happy with Thai Post Service. Sending/receive International or national. Never a Problem. These absurd accusations of unreliability or corruption are ridiculous. Perhaps Thailand haters should think to go back home?

11 minutes ago, JeroenVrooms said:

Why?? Cause this is Thailand.  My gf accepted the box, not me... I came to her work and was like 'thats one shitty looking box'. It raised some suspicion, but knew it was wrong when I opened it.

What are you by the way? A murder case detective?  Why.... Why!! WHY!!!!

No not at all just doubt your story is all.

5 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Sience 10 Years I am pretty happy with Thai Post Service. Sending/receive International or national. Never a Problem. These absurd accusations of unreliability or corruption are ridiculous. Perhaps Thailand haters should think to go back home?

No,Thailand ain't corrupt at all. Tell me when you're not living in Disney Land anymore and face reality.  Even my Gf said theres allot of corruption in Thailand and she's Thai.  Guess she should go home too, which besides is up to myself. 

I don't hate Thailand,  cause if I did I wouldn't be here in the first place. However I can acknowledge problems about a country even my own. Guess the people living in lala land can't. 

50 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Go on, I'll bite

Let me guess what you had delivered,  magic mushrooms and rose tinted glasses