General Prawit is ready to bare all about his trip to Hawaii

webfact

General Prawit is ready to bare all about his trip to Hawaii

2c6c6fedae3ea50984249ddf4d13f685-wpcf_69

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said Tuesday that he is ready to give all the details about the expenditure incurred by the visit to Hawaii to attend the Asean-US defence ministers meet during September 29-October 1 by his 38-member delegation to the Office of the Auditor-General.

He also said that he would disclose the names of all the members of his delegation and the reasons why they had to join his delegation.

The deputy prime minister said that the meeting did not just discuss defence cooperation but other issues of importance such as human trafficking and, hence, the need for officials concerned with the issues to attend the meeting.

General Prawit has, of late, become the subject of widespread criticism as the Hawaii trip had allegedly incurred about 20.9 million baht expenses, including the chartering of a Thai Airways International jumbo jet to fly all the delegates to Hawaii and back to Bangkok.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/general-prawit-ready-bare-trip-hawaii/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-05

HONOLULU TRIP

Prawit welcomes probe into cost of controversial ‘work’ trip

THE NATION 

30296894-01_big.jpg

Prawit

BANGKOK: -- DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER General Prawit Wongsuwan yesterday welcomed an investigation by the Office of the Auditor-General (OAG), saying it was good to have the agency look into the costs surrounding the controversial charter-flight mission led by him to Hawaii for an international security meeting last week.

Prawit also said he was ready to disclose the names of his entourage, and affirmed that none of those joining him had been on the trip for leisure purposes. 

"All of my team on the trip are related to me [my government duties] and went to Hawaii for work," he stressed. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prawit-welcomes-probe-into-cost-of-controversial-w-30296894.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-05

He'll give all details or will that be all details that have been carefully scripted and sanitized as appropriate ?

What's released will prove conclusively that the expenses were above board and justified but whether it's believed it not is a totally different question.

However the junta speaks and that's an end to it.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I'll tell all.. Cough cough bull.... And even though is was a meeting for defence leaders I also decided to drag most of my family/friends sorry, "officials" along to talk about things we excel at like slavery, human trafficking, corruption, democracy....

22 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

General Prawit is ready to bare all about his trip to Hawaii.

Nooo!......Please keep your clothes on!!!

:clap2: Oh yes.

What's it to be,

Right Said Fred : I'm too sexy for my shirt   OR

Rod Stewart      : If you want my body and you think I'm sexy.

Personally I'd think the only interest in his body would come from medical science.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I wonder if the delegation had any translators on board, if there weren't any i'd dare say that is a giant red flag as a lot of these generals will almost certainly not speak / understand English at anything close to the levels needed to contribute in discussions at such an event.

Form shows that this Prawit guy is a repulsive man, who is very economical with the truth and a very shady character to boot. I doubt after he's done we'll be completely in the know. I almost expect the 2 wrongs make a right argument to be wheeled out however. Almost a given

Edited by z42

Try making public the flight manifest,  every person on the flight and why, then maybe after that can there be satisfaction.....

As for the claim they only had normal inflight food such as "noodles"  as claimed,,, well we all know just how much Thai's love to

take photo's of the food they are about to have,  then let's see them lovely lovely first class noodles on a Thai air flight...

Any one think that maybe the info supplied to the OAG could be sanitized and then after spending more tax payers money will be made public  so as to make the junta look as if they are corruption free.....???    

It's the people's money so they bloody well do have a right to know how it is spent.

"It's the people's money so they bloody well do have a right to know how it is spent".

Under the people's constitution.....all will be revealed in a transparent manner!

.........but don't hold your breath waiting.

7 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

Try making public the flight manifest,  every person on the flight and why, then maybe after that can there be satisfaction.....

As for the claim they only had normal inflight food such as "noodles"  as claimed,,, well we all know just how much Thai's love to

take photo's of the food they are about to have,  then let's see them lovely lovely first class noodles on a Thai air flight...

Any one think that maybe the info supplied to the OAG could be sanitized and then after spending more tax payers money will be made public  so as to make the junta look as if they are corruption free.....???    

It's the people's money so they bloody well do have a right to know how it is spent.

Noodles fit for a Guinness Book of Records entry as they must be amongst the most expensive in the world .

Amazing how he keen today to bare all but as quiet as a kitten when first confronted. For sure it been milked. Military boys use to splashing the cash, been doing it for years . Seem awfully large amount of people to attend, what was the numbers from other countries ?

really important this meeting on human trafficking was held in hawaii

pure coincidence that it's a beautiful location maybe they thought to find some who had been trafficked on the Golden beach doing the Hola-Hola? 

what Big Headline next?

"Junta saves Thai doing Hola-Hola on Honolulu Beach" ?

5 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

".,...  his 38-member delegation "

what a waste of money

the purpose seems to be just a nice vacation

The governments before did those things - no reason to copy them

Especially having ' banned ' such unnecessary extravagance upon seizing office.

The 3 days informal dialogue was a tight schedule and key address was on the Maritime Security in SEA. No matter how you slice and dice, 38 attendees still seem too many and most of them don't even speak and understand Englsh. I would assume that Prawit and other high ranking defense personnel will have their translators but surely not to all the delegates. Stand corrected. 

16 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The 3 days informal dialogue was a tight schedule and key address was on the Maritime Security in SEA. No matter how you slice and dice, 38 attendees still seem too many and most of them don't even speak and understand Englsh. I would assume that Prawit and other high ranking defense personnel will have their translators but surely not to all the delegates. Stand corrected. 

Normal practice would be that the local embassy supply translators for engagements that needs them. For this type of event it is even in doubt if they will need translators at the venue as this would supplied by the hosts. Most of them would be security and assistants.

One hopes that General Pawtwit does a better job of the spin than when he got caught out big time trying to convince all that would listen that the Assistant UN Secretary understood and supported the Junta , and if you bothered to read the proper transcript nothing could have been further from the truth and he was slapped over people trafficking as well.................................................................:coffee1:..