Want to buy Mazda 3… Pattaya Mazda quite useless

gillap

Hello everyone… I want to buy a new Mazda 3. I went to Pattaya Mazda and the sales people were not farang oriented at all. They spoke very little English, and due this I believe, were not very forth coming. I left the premises quite frustrated and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where would be best to go for this purchase?

Yes, there're not very pro-active at that dealership.  Same with the Honda dealership in Na Jomtien. The best dealerships I've found is the Isuzu dealership on Second Road and the Nissan dealer out by the Ambassador Hotel.  Unfortunately,  neither of them sell Mazdas. 

Do you have access to a trusted Thai speaker/writer?

If yes then I would suggest you find out the details for Mazda dealers around Bangkok and start asking what sort of deals they are offering. When I bought vehicles 2 and 5 years ago both were sourced from BKK dealers (I live in Pattaya) as they were considerably more helpful and offered much better deals then the local dealers and I include Rayong and Chonburi City in this.

My partner originally used Thai web sites/facebook groups to get recommendations for relevant dealers.

Not sure but isn't the Bangkok motor show due soon where they tend to have deals on?

You may also get better responses if you move this to the car forum.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

...or buy a Ford instead.

That is an excellent idea.  As we all know, Ford has only happy customers in Thailand that dance and smile all day because they so proud on the decision to buy a quality product from Ford.

Ok, because Ford vehicles are so popular in Thailand it is not easy to make a bargain.

Very difficult indeed. Cars from Ford are so sought after in Thailand,  sometimes Ford buys them back them self. They can't get enough from that stuff at Ford.
Not with the intent to drive them, no ! Just as an investment. You can`t go wrong if you buy a Ford in Thailand. 

Siam Paragon car park maybe as a section reserved for posh sport cars from other companies:

siam-paragon-carpark.JPG

But OCPB in Bangkok reserved parking only for Ford drivers at the entrance, just like Porsche and Ferrari in Siam Paragon.

Of course always with armed guards to protect the precious automobiles.

And in case there is some minor hickup they quickly sort it out, because Fords Customer Service in Thailand is second to none. 

Thats what I call VIP Customer Service.

Ford-customer-protest.jpg

More info here... Ford Club Happy get together

13 hours ago, topt said:

When I bought vehicles 2 and 5 years ago both were sourced from BKK dealers (I live in Pattaya) as they were considerably more helpful and offered much better deals then the local dealers and I include Rayong and Chonburi City in this.

When I bought new I played Bangkok dealers off against the local ones to get a good discount and many extras. It was a struggle but I did get there. But I found local dealers to be without exception totally useless: no stock, no knowledge, no desire to sell.

If ever I buy another new vehicle I will bypass the local dealers completely and go straight to Bangkok.

12 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That would really piss me off if i had to take my car to Bangkok just for a service.

Regardless of where you buy your warranty is valid throughout Thailand and all services (in or out of warranty) can be performed by any official dealer.

Also the Bangkok dealers can register your vehicle in another province if you wish, though there may be some supplementary fee for this.

Yes, there're not very pro-active at that dealership.  Same with the Honda dealership in Na Jomtien. The best dealerships I've found is the Isuzu dealership on Second Road and the Nissan dealer out by the Ambassador Hotel.  Unfortunately,  neither of them sell Mazdas. 

in fairness to them ,they get so many Ferang wheel kickers in Holiday areas they do have an attitude that Provincial Showrooms don't suffer so often

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

in fairness to them ,they get so many Ferang wheel kickers in Holiday areas they do have an attitude that Provincial Showrooms don't suffer so often

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Very true...but they must surely get allot of farang buffaloes, being led around by the nose-ring by an Issan farm girl, who buy her, oops I  mean themselves, a shiny new ride to tool around town in? Maybe that was the problem, I visited the showroom by myself, without a nose-ring.

Are we talking about the dealership in Bang Lamung/Naklua area? We bought our Mazda pickup from the Bangkok motor show, a great deal with many extras. However we do take the car to dealer in Bang Lamung for servicing and they have been more than helpful, infact very professional.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are we talking about the dealership in Bang Lamung/Naklua area? We bought our Mazda pickup from the Bangkok motor show, a great deal with many extras. However we do take the car to dealer in Bang Lamung for servicing and they have been more than helpful, infact very professional.

I think thats the only Mazda dealership in the Pattaya area correct?

On 10/7/2016 at 0:56 PM, Ace of Pop said:

Id love a 3. Only prob where i am they dont know anything unless its a Diesel Truck full of mellons. Never seen a 3 i bet. So its boring old no prob Honda for me.:sad:

I've since given up on buying a Mazda3…  they want you to pay B1M for top of the line car and the car doesn't even have cruise control! I am going over to Hyundai and going to take a look at the Elantra GLE… it has cruise control and keyless entry. Hyundai offers a 4 year warranty and has greatly omproved their cars in the last 10 years.