OAG denies female TV announcer among Gen Prawit’s entourage to Hawaii

webfact

OAG denies female TV announcer among Gen Prawit’s entourage to Hawaii

46f13d710b4be18243408bfd0e5d8ab8-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- Auditor-General Phisit Leelawacharopart on Wednesday dismissed an unconfirmed report that a female television announcer was among the 38-member delegation to Hawaii led by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

He told the media that he had received some documents, including a list of the names of the entire delegation from the office of the prime minister’s secretary-general and there was not the name of a TV announcer.

Mr Phisit, however, declined the disclose the names of the 38 members besides General Prawit, saying that it was a matter of security and he had to get permission first from the agencies concerned.

The Office of the Auditor-General is waiting for additional documents from Thai Airways International which would be taken consideration to determine whether the delegation’s use of THAI’s chartered flight service was inappropriate or overspent. He expected the probe to be wrapped up by Friday.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/oag-denies-female-tv-announcer-among-gen-prawits-entourage-hawaii/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-05

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20.95 million baht for 38 people for 3 days = 183,772 baht per person per day.

In May, Prayuth spent 16.2 million baht to take 40 people to St Petersburg for 4 days = 101,250 baht per person per day

In 2013, Yingluck spent 21.8 million baht to take 81 people to Switzerland, Italy, and Montenegro for 7 days = 38,448 baht per person per day. Pfft. Amateur.

HONOLULU MEET

TV anchor denies joining trip to Hawaii

THE NATION 

30296990-01_big.jpg

Chonratsamee

BANGKOK: -- A CONTROVERSY has shrouded anchorwoman Chonratsamee Ngathaweesuk of the Army-run Channel 5, who has denied taking part in Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan’s recent trip to Hawaii.

Online investigative website Isra News Agency reported yesterday that it has been requested by its Internet service provider to remove a report from last year about Chonratsamee.

Isra News said that CS Loxinfo, which oversees its website's server, "asked for cooperation" in an email sent to the news provider's website administrator. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/TV-anchor-denies-joining-trip-to-Hawaii-30296990.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-06

16 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

In May, Prayuth spent 16.2 million baht to take 40 people to St Petersburg for 4 days = 101,250 baht per person per day

In 2013, Yingluck spent 21.8 million baht to take 81 people to Switzerland, Italy, and Montenegro for 7 days = 38,448 baht per person per day. Pfft. Amateur.

You don't get it do you, IF I SAY YS IS CORRUPT SHE IS CORRUPT !!!!! I on the other hand I only have good intentions, I bring happiness and peace to the great kingdom. I am here to serve you and only get problems in return, look at these pesky reporters who dare ask me question I don't like. I am only doing my duty, by being involved in 2 coup's and shooting of unarmed protesters by snipers. I am pure and all politicians are evil. Now please keep quiet and please refrain from talking the truth.

According to a comment yesterday she was number 20 on the list and sat on seat 24 k there and back. By the way according to this list she has the rank of major. But then again the lady said she didn't make the trip. But the CCTV cameras at the airport should solve the problem on who went and who did not.

"...Mr Phisit...declined the disclose the names of the 38 members besides General Prawit, saying that it was a matter of security..."

If that's the case, then maybe they should have used a different type of aircraft !!!

spy_plane.jpeg

20 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

According to a comment yesterday she was number 20 on the list and sat on seat 24 k there and back. By the way according to this list she has the rank of major. But then again the lady said she didn't make the trip. But the CCTV cameras at the airport should solve the problem on who went and who did not.

From past experience on occasions such as this the CCTV data for the departure and arrival times of the entourage has been accidentally wiped. Or perhaps even the power in the VIP boarding lounge went off at precisely those times. Who knows what the reason will be but you can be sure it will never be shown.

What would be worth seeing is all the selfies taken during the flights. Bet they could tell a story or three.

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Well observed, jamesbrock. It truly is an obscene amount - and paid for by the public. It also would be interesting to learn how much "pocket money" from that grossly overblown budget was shelled out to each delegation member.

Not to mention bringing along the family pooch.

Image result for tacky looking asian tourist images

45 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Yes she's supposedly a major but is she a genuine officer who became a news anchor or an anchor who was given a rank because she works for Channel 5 ?

50 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

You think the cameras were working then ??????

Right on cue the official looking passenger list that made its way into the public domain has been declared false and the proper list has to be withheld as a matter of security.

Where's the need for security now ? The trip's now a badly kept secret and embarrassing because of the expense and the ridiculous statements made by junta members and THAI airways to insist all was above board.

The only security I can see is the need for the passenger list to be kept secret because of the names on it, names of those for whom there'd be little or no justification for them making the trip.

Apart from the total arrogance of using public money as their own there's the absolute disdain for the public in believing everything they say MUST be accepted without question.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Is the AG part of the Government PR team, i was under the impression they were supposed to be investigative body. He seems to be desperately fighting the Govt cause rather than just saying the investigation is ongoing.

Its all good timing this, taking the heat of PM's brother, releasing the investigation into giving of jobs, the contracts to his son etc

Knowing Thailand it would not surprise me one bit if it transpired the AG was also on the boondoggle plane:smile:

16 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Right on cue the official looking passenger list that made its way into the public domain has been delared false and the proper list has to be withheld as a matter of security.

Where's the need for security now ? The trip's now a badly kept secret and embarrassing because of the expense and the ridiculous statements made by junta members and THAI airways to insist all was above board.

The only security I can see is the need for the passenger list to be kept secret because of the names on it, names of those for whom there'd be little or no justification for them making the trip.

Apart from the total arrogance of using public money as their own there's the absolute disdain for the public in believing everything they say MUST be accepted without question.

Well said. It reminds me of his "I don't know. I don't remember, I am not a businessman. Please don't ask me about this" line after being asked about his 600,000,000 baht land sale. 

For someone who's stated reason for the coup was to tackle corruption, his constant whitewashing of the junta's constant scandals reeks to high heaven.

41 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

Well said. It reminds me of his "I don't know. I don't remember, I am not a businessman. Please don't ask me about this" line after being asked about his 600,000,000 baht land sale. 

For someone who's stated reason for the coup was to tackle corruption, his constant whitewashing of the junta's constant scandals reeks to high heaven.

Not a businessman. Over to Wikipedia:

After the 2006 Thai coup d'état, Prayut was appointed to the National Legislative Assembly. In this capacity, he joined the Committee on Environment and Natural Resources. Prayut sits on the executive boards of a number of companies including a state electricity utility company, the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA). From 2007 to 2010 he was independent director at Thai Oil Public Co, Ltd. Since 7 October 2010 he has been a director of Thai Military Bank[20] and chairman of the Army United Football Club.

9 minutes ago, baboon said:

Not a businessman. Over to Wikipedia:

After the 2006 Thai coup d'état, Prayut was appointed to the National Legislative Assembly. In this capacity, he joined the Committee on Environment and Natural Resources. Prayut sits on the executive boards of a number of companies including a state electricity utility company, the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA). From 2007 to 2010 he was independent director at Thai Oil Public Co, Ltd. Since 7 October 2010 he has been a director of Thai Military Bank[20] and chairman of the Army United Football Club.

Hahaha, good one.

For military officers—who aren't businessmen—sitting on executive boards of state enterprises is just one of the many avenues for self-enrichment.

Edited by jamesbrock

20 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

38k per day, considering, ain't sooo much. But 81 people, that's a bit ott. But I wander what the stats are for other nations? Anyone?

I'm not one to defend our current or past glorious leaders, but just wandering about the facts.

3 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Yes she's supposedly a major but is she a genuine officer who became a news anchor or an anchor who was given a rank because she works for Channel 5 ?

Looking at her picture if I was on the plane she would get my vote to go. 

3 hours ago, MZurf said:

Ahhhhh. I just LOVE these embarrassing revelations that so clearly show the colours of the junta. And some still believe the coup happened because they wanted to "fix" Thailand!!!

:wacko:

Yeah, they want to 'fix" it alright.