The the best thing that has happened to me in Thailand for years

gamini

I retired to just south of Hua Hin and at a very old age, the pleasures of my life are shopping and eating good food. No more bars, drinking etc. unable to drive, swim or do any sports. I need sticks to walk but I have a mobile disability scooter which fits in the back of my car. I look forward to my rare visits to Bangkok where I can go to the shopping centres and fine restaurants. The real problem is that I find it hard to get somebody to drive me there and back and my wife also being quite old is no longer able to drive a long distance . But suddenly this huge shopping centre The Blueport opened in Hua hin and it has changed my life. I go there at least twice a week. It is the most beautiful and biggest shopping centre I have ever seen anywhere in the world. The restaurants on the ground floor are fabulous. The supermarket is the best I'd been to and the big shopping centre too. With such a choice of restaurants it would probably take me more than a year to eat at a different one each time. The last time I went there a few days ago I ate at a Japanese restaurant which cost me just over bt300. The food stalls serve very good food at very reasonable prices, so much so, that it seemed difficult to get a table. My mobile electric scooter takes me everywhere in the huge building.  I am so happy I don't have to make the long tiring journey to Bangkok. In fact I don't probably need to go there again.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Talking about shopping malls, is the one at Seacon Square still the largest in Thailand?

About ten years ago it was the fifth largest in the world according to a notice I read there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_shopping_malls_in_Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_shopping_malls

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

I think Asia is finally snapping to the fact that there's quite a bit of money in old farts' pockets.  The hip, slick and cool youngsters make it onto all the TV commercials, but it's the old farts who hold the real big purse strings.

Do they have the course marked out for the Mall Walkers yet?  

A lovely read gamini , When my eldest her husband and 2 grandchildren went to HH about 4 years ago they were impressed with Market Village , this new place sounds even bigger and better. We do have Central Plaza in Chiang Rai but that is it  , across the rice fields from us is Lotus .

Glad to read a positive topic may you go to , and eat , and enjoy Blueport many, many times.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Talking about shopping malls, is the one at Seacon Square still the largest in Thailand?

About ten years ago it was the fifth largest in the world according to a notice I read there.

No it is not seacon square is number 55 now have two more in thailand bigger 

centre world is number 10 in the world 

36 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No it is not seacon square is number 55 now have two more in thailand bigger 

centre world is number 10 in the world 

Yes I know, but I was talking about ten years ago, probably more.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I think Asia is finally snapping to the fact that there's quite a bit of money in old farts' pockets.  The hip, slick and cool youngsters make it onto all the TV commercials, but it's the old farts who hold the real big purse strings.

Nothing about the OP suggests this conclusion, an invocation of the TVF Only Farangs Have Money rule.

9 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Nothing about the OP suggests this conclusion, an invocation of the TVF Only Farangs Have Money rule.

If he can get around the mall easily with limited mobility, they're building them differently.

Nowhere did I suggest only farangs have money.  Rich Thai people get old, too.  

Eggs Benedict?  Beautifully presented.  Please continue to enjoy your mall visits.

Siam Paragon and Central World might be the biggest but I really like two of the newer ones - Embarquier and Central Embassy which, when the connection to the Central Department Store is considered,  must have many square meters of floor space.  The newer malls are not in the Wikipedia article.

Just curious OP.  How do you get between floors on your scooter?  Perhaps there are large elevators(?)

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Tell me he can't go 2 times in that 5 day is that not  twice a week I think yes it is .

The Blueport opened in Hua hin and it has changed my life. I go there at least twice a week. 

No.  That's 2 visits in the 5 days it's been open.  At least twice a week  implies  a history.  Much of the info is not true.  I've been and would never go again except to visit the supermarket which has a good range akin to Villa.

I think you've been had!

Plus I've never seen a post that can't be '+Quote'  Strange.

Edited by HHTel
Added comment

54 minutes ago, HHTel said:

No.  That's 2 visits in the 5 days it's been open.  At least twice a week  implies  a history.  Much of the info is not true.  I've been and would never go again except to visit the supermarket which has a good range akin to Villa.

I think you've been had!

Plus I've never seen a post that can't be '+Quote'  Strange.

I have been had have I give me a break,  it is not about you it is about a man in his older years have a great life now with a new  shopping centre and supermarket is it not yes it is .

i would say that going two times in 5 days is  Close enough to  twice a week , you need to get a life if your not happy ok but he is and if you not go back who cares no one but you say you will go back for the  supermarket not understand that at all .