Illegal cabbies at Suvarnabhumi airport face jail - it was "easy money" says one

webfact

Illegal cabbies at Suvarnabhumi airport face jail - it was "easy money" says one

p4.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- Two illegal cab drivers have been arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport.

They were found touting for business for their unregistered cabs on the second floor of the airport on Wednesday, reports Manager Online.

Both Sophon Reuangjit, 36, and Inthadech Sukarom, 29 were found to be in violation of a court order banning them from the airport area for previous offences of this nature.

Inthadech told police he had done this many times because it was a good way to earn a living and easy money.

The pair now face at least two months in jail. A previous court order sentenced them to two months suspended for five years.

Police said that rogues like this were taking trade away from operators who acted within the law. Unregulated drivers were not just breaking the law but committing other crimes. 

They were leaving passengers by the roadside, for example, and were bad for tourism.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-06

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Unregulated drivers were not just breaking the law but committing other crimes. 

They were leaving passengers by the roadside, for example, and were bad for tourism.

Same-same-but-different-pockets.

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

It's smiles all round, I see!!

I really wonder if these 2 scumbag mongrels will see the inside of a cell.

scumbags ? for trying to make a living ?

I am sure you support Shariah law and all thieves must get their hands chopped off and all gays must be gassed

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Part of the problem isn't it with the could, may, might statements in relation to penalties but often that's as far as it gets.

20 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

I am sure you support Shariah law and all thieves must get their hands chopped off and all gays must be gassed

Wow! Whos pi##ed you off today? Lol.  Yes they are scumbags, in fact looking at the tactfully taken photo , I'm pretty sure a few of them cops are aswell.  Jail time for them though......no. Officials just need to do their job properly ..............I know.

3 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Several times i had taxi's with the driver not looking at all at the picture on the license.....guess they were banned from the airport.

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

Wow..you really have issues...

liberal...love to invoke nazis and now islaam...

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

What are you doing in Thailand?if you are so intollerant with people,go back to your country or go stay alone in an island,your remarks are so stupid and racists too

I reserve more anger for some of the "official" taxi drivers, particularly those reluctant to use the meter.

One recently took my "official" ticket and then asked me how much I would give him for the trip. I replied that I'd give him what the meter said.

He was ok after that and quite friendly, but my tip was meaner than normal. 

11 minutes ago, Beechboy said:

I reserve more anger for some of the "official" taxi drivers, particularly those reluctant to use the meter.

One recently took my "official" ticket and then asked me how much I would give him for the trip. I replied that I'd give him what the meter said.

He was ok after that and quite friendly, but my tip was meaner than normal. 

Last time I was in Bangkok I heard a Family complaining to the hotel reception about their trip from the airport. The cap driver had been very agressive and forced them to pay THB 3.000 for the trip to the hotel. 

Imagine you come to Thailand as a first time tourist and it treated like that. No wonder the economy in this country is falling apart.

1 hour ago, Gainsbourg said:

The thai smile covers hatred, happiness, fear, submission, sadness, fatuigue, guilt, jealousy, and a billion other emotions and states of mind...

And sometimes just lack of normal brain-activity...

40 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Good work! Let's continue cleaning up bangkok. Why should these scum make good money ripping off tourist and not pay any tax or be licensed.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Well in Bangkok they listen a bit, in PAttaya or Phuket they will not use the meter at all, never...

One instance back in January me and the Mrs arrived at Bang sue train station and got a taxi to phahonyothin 52 the taxi driver didn't want to use the meter and wanted 300b, we or mainly the mrs insisted on using the meter to be fair I thought that 300b was probably about right due to the train extension on Phahonyothin lot tic mak. I suggested to the driver to go up past Don Muang and to cut back onto Phahonyothin to save time, but he had different ideas and he decided to go up Phahonyothin anyway, he did moan about lot tic a bit but I didn't want to tell him I told him so. Anyway we got to our destination and the meter read 270b I was going to give him 300b but the mrs insisted on giving him the exact money. I forgot to say that a lot of the mrs family are or were taxi drivers at some stage.

Another instance of problems with taxi drivers was in 2011 we had landed at Heathrow and we had our car parked at a friends place in Datchet about 5 miles from Heathrow, our idea was to get a taxi from Heathrow the 5 miles to Datchet, we waited in the cab rank and got into a black cab who wanted £70 to take us 5 miles, I rather impolitely told him where to stick it and we got a bus to somewhere we could get a minicab for under £10. In hindsight I should have reported him to the London carriage office but I was a bit angry at the time and forgot about it until it was too late.

In general I find Bangkok taxis pretty good, but I do wander what tourists think of London taxis and their prices in comparison.

4 hours ago, siam2007 said:

What a BS reply, possibly they should have been playing  police trying to earn a living and what has Sharia law got to do with it.

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

Last time I was in Bangkok I heard a Family complaining to the hotel reception about their trip from the airport. The cap driver had been very agressive and forced them to pay THB 3.000 for the trip to the hotel.

Imagine you come to Thailand as a first time tourist and it treated like that. No wonder the economy in this country is falling apart.

And to make matters worse there is a high probability if you complained to someone that you think could assist you they would more than likely ignore you and allow the Rip Off taxi driver continue to rip you off rather than chase off the mongrel rip off taxi driver.

Trip advisors should advise newbies to remove the luggage from the cab when they arrive at their hotel and then enter the hotel and make like they have to get change in the hotel and then have it out with the rip off driver while in the sanctuary of the hotel while the hotel staff should take their side ( in theory ) and tell the rip off cab driver to get lost or they will call the police......or at least try to assist the tourists.

But knowing how things work here the hotel door man would probably realize an opportunity on hand and  help negotiate the price down to 1500 baht and tell the driver on the side he will take 500 baht and the driver keeps 1000 baht and still make 2 or 3 times the correct fare.

Welcome to Thailand

Cheers

Good work! Let's continue cleaning up bangkok. Why should these scum make good money ripping off tourist and not pay any tax or be licensed.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Scum

I can't begin to express my revulsion for taxi drivers, Tuk Tuk drivers or the motorbike Mafia. These con artists at the airport are just an introduction to any Farangs entering Thailand on what's in store in the transport system.

Us Expats are streetwise to their crap in what can become a dangerous environment if you dare retaliate on these parasites. You can only advise friends or family to beware of extortion and keep calm and everything will be ok, this if they happen to venture out on their own.

I don't like being melodramatic but that's my own opinion having lived here over 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, siam2007 said:

nah its  just two lazy  foookers............ sheesh dragging in Sharia  law and the other nonsense