Road Rage Thai style: Hunt on as "Vios shoots at Vigo"

webfact

5 hours ago, sahibji said:

come on guys this is hardly the way to solve traffic issues.there are some omissions or commissions by drivers at times but that does not mean it  should be resolved by a shoot out. drivers are advised to exercise some patience and control over their temper.

There was nothing in the Highway Code about not using a shoot out when I passed my Thai License test

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Iumentum said:

While it is annoying that people linger in the overtaking lane, it doesnt justify any bad behavior, specially not pulling out a gun.

Agreed, and the sooner the better when we ALL accept the fact that there will ALWAYS be a <deleted> sticking in the overtaking lane, and driving at a slow speed, what we then HAVE to do is, SMILE, relax, breath, and go around them, because getting all worked up and our nickers in a knot is not going to do US any good......................, that, or shoot them 555 

6 hours ago, sahibji said:

now that is a general statements. these are few cases amongst millions of drivers who go about their business without any issues.

you might be right - but the number of this and similar incidents in Thailand are alarming, and far more than in other countries

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most Thai drivers have a weapon in the vehicle and many have firearms. 

They are nutters. You can lie to yourself about how dangerous driving is here but the appalling statistics and anecdotal evidence suggests it is a very serious problem and that includes the seemingly endless amount of similar road rage incidents that surface in the media on a regular basis.

More rubbish.

I was sitting at a red light  with a divide in the middle and only one lane, light changed to green and the guy in front of me just sat there while he talked to a guy on the other side of the road so I bipped my horn, he then pulled a gun and started to wave it around. Too many thai men have small willies and need a gun to make themselves feel like a real man even though they cant hit anything when they shoot them, its purely the face saving/big man  effect they give to the pathetic owners.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

555 She must be related to my Wife!

same here, my wife gets very upset if I flip the bird at the idiots, she says that they will wait till I am not in the car then attack her if it is in the local area, outside our own area she is worried they will shoot at us etc. Goes to show just how bad it is really that the so called men cant control their tempers but will wait till they know they can beat someone up that cant fight back, face in Thailand is the biggest problem going

I remember the son of a wealthy business man drove at 250 into the rear if a car, 2 young people died, he showed up in court as monk, never heard anything since.

.we all have to be carefull since the culprits wai and go on with their business and leave you with trauma

11 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

i don't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement.

Maybe it's time to seriously look at restricting handgun ownership, it seems every 2nd Thai male from 16 years old up has one. i've had a gun waved at me simply because the guy was embarrassed that he nearly ran my bike off the road and i protested by beeping the horn. :saai:

Yes happened to friend of mine got run off the road by a other motorbike hurt his hand  chased them the other bike stops down the road and their mates pull a gun on my fiend .

needs gun laws like in Australia that stops lots of this shit happening.

9 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Just a reminder that it is legal to overtake on the inside on a dual carriage way. However it is not legal to hog the outside lane when the inside lane is clear. This in my view is more dangerous than speeding and should carry a very hefty fine!

The coffers would be full in no time! :smile:

I thought the inside lane was for passing and the outside was for slower traffic.  

1 hour ago, seajae said:

I was sitting at a red light  with a divide in the middle and only one lane, light changed to green and the guy in front of me just sat there while he talked to a guy on the other side of the road so I bipped my horn, he then pulled a gun and started to wave it around. Too many thai men have small willies and need a gun to make themselves feel like a real man even though they cant hit anything when they shoot them, its purely the face saving/big man  effect they give to the pathetic owners.

Get Dash cam and next show it to the cops 

12 hours ago, MiKT said:

Well, na, na, na, na, na.

I have plans B through E since I taught all three of my Thai daughters to drive.

Unfortunately I am the only one who knows how to shoot.

I taught my Wife to drive after seeing the pathetic test here with no road  use and no fast road  use, it  took about 3  weeks of reversing, checking mirrors, signals, emergency stops, overtaking checks  etc After that she was  fine...........contrary to other peoples  belief I passed  both bike and motorbike tests in the uk first time with  2  lessons in the car  before taking the test and none on the bike and kept a  clean licence................must be the gun I carried to shoot anyone who got in my  way:rolleyes:

I often dine with the Queen also:shock1:

14 hours ago, kannot said:

let me make it even easier for you......3  am perfect road in all lanes, empty as far as the eye can see in all directions..........."a <deleted!>"  still sits there, flash your lights to let them know you want to pass and on goes the infamous "im turning left , no honestly" indicator for the imaginary turn their going to make in about 30km, but never  do.

Try the dual carriageway from Cha am to Hua  hin, good  road see it regularly.

Providing the inside lane is not a chewed up piece of &lt;deleted&gt; then there is no excuse not to use. Having said that it is no excuse for an empty lane to be used as a speed test lane for a farang in a ftuner either. I am tipping that's why it pisses you off so much is because you kannot do 50 or 60 kmphr over the speed limit.

22 hours ago, kannot said:

so the vios  was  too close and the vigo should  not have been in that lane anyway, sick of the buggers  that just sit there all day when the inner  lane is often empty, best at 3  am  on a deserted road, even see it then

They ofen know something you don't about the inside lane.

7 hours ago, callaway said:

Providing the inside lane is not a chewed up piece of &lt;deleted&gt; then there is no excuse not to use. Having said that it is no excuse for an empty lane to be used as a speed test lane for a farang in a ftuner either. I am tipping that's why it pisses you off so much is because you kannot do 50 or 60 kmphr over the speed limit.

awful lot of "assumptions" here................I dont have a Fortuner.........I do have a  Vigo and Honda CBR 650f  if  that helps improve your woefully wrong assumptions

Edited by kannot

23 hours ago, Iumentum said:

While it is annoying that people linger in the overtaking lane, it doesnt justify any bad behavior, specially not pulling out a gun.

pls show me EXACTLY where I said its  justified?

On October 7, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Baerboxer said:

Someone pulls a gun out and fires it - due to road rage.

And the police have called the registered owner in.

Usual sense of urgency then.

yeh, exactly.

In my country if you fire a gun in public like this, well,,, the armed police would be surrounding their house and calling them to come out with their hands in the air.

Certainly a serious spell in jail would follow.