Still pay money in Phuket Immigration

nasa123

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

"because I coach my many guests on how to deal with Immigration and they report back to me their experiences." - but you weren't even there at the time the CoR was issued.  Right?

Go fish somewhere else ... I'm not taking your bait ...

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Go fish somewhere else ... I'm not taking your bait ...

Not fishing.  Just trying to establish the facts.

So, YOU actually haven't "stood your ground" and refused to pay the 300 baht for 6 years.  Right? 

Would you consider the possibility that the greed, and how ruthful the Immigration Officers are, has increased in 6 years?

Not to mention, the implementation of harsher visa regulation, thus giving them more power to extort.

Serious question. 

On 14/10/2016 at 10:13 AM, Old Croc said:

There is no country on the planet free of corruption, including the home countries of the indignant people on this forum.

Strange. I managed to live and work for 40+ years in several EU countries without ever being required to pay any sort of bribe for anything at all.

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Strange. I managed to live and work for 40+ years in several EU countries without ever being required to pay any sort of bribe for anything at all.

Yes, but, in general, you paid high taxes to ensure Government officials were paid reasonably well so they would not abuse their power and take bribes, and were adequately supervised.

On Phuket, Governentt officials pay money to get to a position of power, and then abuse that power to recoup the money thy paid to get the position, plus some. 

Here, performance, and therefore, promotion, is based on how corrupt you are, not how honest and professional you are.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I presume your claim to have never been involved in corruption is supposed to debunk the correct statement I made.

I suggest you google Corruption Indexes to see where your country fits in. The UK, for instance, is ranked about 10th best on the scale. No country gets a perfect rating.

I also suggest you look up a detailed definition of corruption and then claim to have never seen it in 40+ years.

On 17/10/2016 at 6:55 AM, Old Croc said:

I presume your claim to have never been involved in corruption is supposed to debunk the correct statement I made.

I suggest you google Corruption Indexes to see where your country fits in. The UK, for instance, is ranked about 10th best on the scale. No country gets a perfect rating.

I also suggest you look up a detailed definition of corruption and then claim to have never seen it in 40+ years.

This is the website I use for such public information enquiries.

https://www.transparency.org/

• 1 month later...

Update for Patong Immigration Office;

I was in there this morning about 10.30 for certificate of residency, place was packed with people doing extensions and visa stuff, French Lady TPV directed me to a lady at the back of office who dealt with the CRO straight away, had all the right docs and pics, I was in and out after a few minutes and it was 500B - I dressed well and spoke a bit of Thai, and asked ' oh so there is a charge now then? she said yes 500Bhat sir, the lady was pleasant and very efficient. No reciept offered and TBH I was just happy to have my CRO and be out of there - I got a few looks from all the punters who seemed to be just sat waiting and wasting their life away have never seen that many people in there as it small to begin with, more open planned now but was packed.

17 hours ago, Lokie said:

Update for Patong Immigration Office;

I was in there this morning about 10.30 for certificate of residency, place was packed with people doing extensions and visa stuff, French Lady TPV directed me to a lady at the back of office who dealt with the CRO straight away, had all the right docs and pics, I was in and out after a few minutes and it was 500B - I dressed well and spoke a bit of Thai, and asked ' oh so there is a charge now then? she said yes 500Bhat sir, the lady was pleasant and very efficient. No reciept offered and TBH I was just happy to have my CRO and be out of there - I got a few looks from all the punters who seemed to be just sat waiting and wasting their life away have never seen that many people in there as it small to begin with, more open planned now but was packed.

If you paid 500 baht and got no receipt its a corrupt payment on your part which plenty of people are prepared to do to save the time and hassles 

That's how all the visa services get special treatment at the immigration office they are happy to pay corrupt payments on their clients behalf as well

Just like the special immigration cue at the airport if it's still operating

Its not going to stop until the people are paid a decent salary to live on, even then it probably wont it's to lucrative to give up

47 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

If you paid 500 baht and got no receipt its a corrupt payment on your part which plenty of people are prepared to do to save the time and hassles 

That's how all the visa services get special treatment at the immigration office they are happy to pay corrupt payments on their clients behalf as well

Just like the special immigration cue at the airport if it's still operating

Its not going to stop until the people are paid a decent salary to live on, even then it probably wont it's to lucrative to give up

Oh I already know that pal, but I aint going to argue the to$$ in a rammed IO office, this is Thailand it is Corrupt - I nor any other Farang is gonna change that lol, am here for an easy life, just giving info as it went down on the day I visited, I don't consider it a corrupt payment on my part BTW the facts are it is corrupt but wholly on the Immigration Police office part - Thanks

Edited by Lokie
ps

Anyone who thinks willing paying a corrupt payment for faster service is not corrupt is corrupt in my opinion, takes two to tango

I have no problem with people doing so

Fees and charges at immigration have been the same for over 10 years and should be increased so the government can increase immigration officers salaries to a liveable level without corruption and then the government can do something about it like other countries

I do not know about other countries but Australian embassy/consulate fees have about doubled in the last 10 years like a lot of other things

Make the fee for COR legal would stop people complaining about nothing but not increase IO salaries, OK pal

11 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Anyone who thinks willing paying a corrupt payment for faster service is not corrupt is corrupt in my opinion, takes two to tango

I have no problem with people doing so

Fees and charges at immigration have been the same for over 10 years and should be increased so the government can increase immigration officers salaries to a liveable level without corruption and then the government can do something about it like other countries

I do not know about other countries but Australian embassy/consulate fees have about doubled in the last 10 years like a lot of other things

Make the fee for COR legal would stop people complaining about nothing but not increase IO salaries, OK pal

No it wouldn't but some people are never happy. I concur that anyone who pays the bung is part of the problem.

Personally I have no problem with them legitimisng the cost for the form, after all one has to pay for a bank letter, statement, etc and THAT is receipted. 

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

No it wouldn't but some people are never happy. I concur that anyone who pays the bung is part of the problem.

Personally I have no problem with them legitimisng the cost for the form, after all one has to pay for a bank letter, statement, etc and THAT is receipted. 

I fully agree  ... just make it an official charge of 500 baht. But the 90 day report should remain free as Immigration insist on this unnecessary intrusion into our life here.

27 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Someone has to pay for the new jetliners the Aussie politicians want, so hit the expats as most of us are not interested in travelling to Bangkok to vote for any of them, useless as TOAB they are

11 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Someone has to pay for the new jetliners the Aussie politicians want, so hit the expats as most of us are not interested in travelling to Bangkok to vote for any of them, useless as TOAB they are

So these new fees only apply to the Bangkok Embassy and not to any other Embassy?

2 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

So these new fees only apply to the Bangkok Embassy and not to any other Embassy?

That's not what i said, the same fee's apply at any embassy or consulate

You have to go to the embassy in Bangkok to vote, it cannot be done at the local consulate

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I fully agree  ... just make it an official charge of 500 baht. But the 90 day report should remain free as Immigration insist on this unnecessary intrusion into our life here.

It would be better still and save everyone a lot of time if those of us who have invested in property in Thailand only had to do a 90 day report if we changed our residential address here

Quite a few of us have been reporting the same address on our 90 day report for years

Save Immigration a lot of wasted time as well as us long term expats

Just confirm your address once a year when you do the annual extension

4 hours ago, madmax2 said:

It would be better still and save everyone a lot of time if those of us who have invested in property in Thailand only had to do a 90 day report if we changed our residential address here

Quite a few of us have been reporting the same address on our 90 day report for years

Save Immigration a lot of wasted time as well as us long term expats

Just confirm your address once a year when you do the annual extension

I just do the report with other stuff- either in Patong or Phuket Town as the whim takes me. Although it is a minor inconvenience its one I can live with. Also give me a chance to catch up on any changes.

Combine it with other stuff to do on heading over the hill and its no biggy- my next one I will also be renewing the car tax so I'll be in the area anyway. Small Supercheap Pharmacy near the Night Market, flour/bakery shop in town, Makro and Toyota- value added trip!

Has anybody faced with smilar extortion by immigration officers in Phuket airport? You had option to await in common queue or to pay 500 baht and follow through "diplomatic" (or Thai citizen) way which was situated on the right side of border passes. I have never used their services, however, last summer when returing here from HongKong one of the officers persistently troubled us asking "where us your visa?", "you need visa!" etc. It was quiet night time and only several chinese and arabs had applied to them, so, they were eager to get new "victims". I spend in Phuket only 3 months during year (one winter month and 2 summer months with 1 visa-run or 60 days tourist visa), so overstay etc is not my case. Only when I asked him to bring me to his boss he shut up and stamped me usual 30 days.

However, all that mess happend in "old terminal", not new one. 

Move my post another thread if it is OFF.

Edited by dmitryspb

2 hours ago, andreww said:

ok, since the immi 90 day report service has been down for a while now, I have to submit it in person in Patong. 

Do they try to extort any moneys for such service there? Anyone with recent experience? 

Cheers. 

Don't know about Patong but no payment at the Phuket Immigration office and currently no copies required either.

5 hours ago, andreww said:

ok, since the immi 90 day report service has been down for a while now, I have to submit it in person in Patong. 

Do they try to extort any moneys for such service there? Anyone with recent experience? 

Cheers. 

90 day report In Patong is easy, no money needed. You need copy of main pp page, current extension, and departure card (TM 6). You can get copies made there if needed. These were the requirements two weeks ago, but they can change by the minute. I find getting there about 1030 cuts out the morning and just before lunch rush.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I think Patong ...

What kind of copies (if any) do they want in Phuket Town Immigration now and do I have to take with a prefilled copy of the new information form for 90-day report?

Thanks

Felt

45 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

What kind of copies (if any) do they want in Phuket Town Immigration now and do I have to take with a prefilled copy of the new information form for 90-day report?

Thanks

Felt

As we all know it depends on the mood of the day.

I've been using the online method but that is down right now. Last time I went in myself I take the prefilled TM47 form, copy of passport main page, current extension stamp page, departure card. 

Edit - as for the 'new information form' - I think that joke has passed and died.

Edited by LivinginKata