Dive instructor confesses, charged for road rage incident

rooster59

Dive instructor confesses, charged for road rage incident 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1475923074_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Police have filed three charges against a dive instructor after he angrily confronted another motorist in a road rage incident yesterday (Oct 7).

The dive instructor, who police declined to name, was charged with reckless driving, improper overtaking and dangerous driving and threatening others, Col Nikorn Somsuk of the Wichit Police confirmed to The Phuket News today.

Col Nikorn declined to name the man charged.

The man presented himself to Wichit Police Station this morning (Oct 8), Col Nikorn said, noting that the man had yet to be asked by police to do so.

The man presented himself to the police after a video called “Please help me. Am I wrong?” was posted on YouTube yesterday by Jirapong Yanasan. The video drew many angry comments from viewers. (See video here.)

The video shows the dive instructor in a gray Honda Accord attempting to cut into traffic while turning right from Muang Chaofa Rd onto Chao Fa West Rd from the right-hand lane in Wichit.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/dive-instructor-confesses-charged-for-road-rage-incident-59406.php#dkwzWFVPpYwGlwuV.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-09

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Look again...

It said both, in the same article. Rather confusing, and truly disappointing if it indeed was a driving instructor! I've seen a number of incidents like this - and in some cases the person who got wronged couldn't just let the issue drop and then it snowballs into a major confrontation or an accident. 

27 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It said both, in the same article. Rather confusing, and truly disappointing if it indeed was a driving instructor! I've seen a number of incidents like this - and in some cases the person who got wronged couldn't just let the issue drop and then it snowballs into a major confrontation or an accident. 

My bad.  The headline I read said "Diving"

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Sloppy journalism, sloppy reading and sloppy driving.

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

Absolutely True!!!!  If every driver would dive instead of drive, there would be almost no accidents :-)

The other week an off duty cop driving a taxi tried this

The outcome not so relaxing

:1zgarz5:Another pompous law-unto-themselves psudeo driver who probably has yet to get a legal driver's license.   Probably saw this move on a car-chase scene in a movie.  

"Do you know who I am?"  Wouldn't last a day in a western country scenario with a pick-up line like that.  

Edited by Fookhaht

6 hours ago, Yahooka said:

" Col Nikorn declined to name the man charged "

From yesterday:

"The dash-camera video appears to show the instructor, named by police as Tor Por ................." :rolleyes:

And you think that was his real name?