rooster59

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

As saddened I am by the story, I really am disgusted by the smiling BiB. Deplorable, unprofessional and just so very, very wrong.,  *sigh*  Rant over.

Perhaps you should be saddened and disgusted by the deplorable, unprofessional and very, very wrong photographer who happened to catch a split second's moment when the officer was smiling for a reason you know nothing about and then published it. 

Just because a very unfortunate incident has happened does not mean everyone has to adopt an expression of mourning, human nature, including yours, means that people can smile in all sorts of what appear to be inappropriate occasions.

6 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Arrai Waa?

I said, there is no evidence of the officer being a pervert anymore than there is evidence of you (or your "liker) being a pervert.  What that means is, and as an alleged teacher you should be able to understand it, that there is nothing to suggest the officer is a pervert.  It's not difficult.

1 hour ago, Fithman said:

An appalling injury for a young man to suffer. 

Reflect on the fact that in the West the H&S people would swarm over this , the young person would receive significant compensation and have access to the latest bio-mechanical prosthesis.

http://bebionic.com/

Only if he could pay for it, and exactly the same is available for Thais.

48 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

No it is definately not BUT im going to be the ringer of bad news and say its a very common occurrence here. Thais side with anothers point of veiw regardless of facts or another side to the story. 

Your right. Its not right. I agree 200% but asking if thais doing the same is fine...?Well, it appears so to many a thai (not all)

"Thais side with anothers point of veiw regardless of facts..."

And non-Thais never do that?

13 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Please name the Thai source of Bebionic Hands and name the Thai prosthetists who could fit the hand. 

There are very few in the West who could afford such a prosthetic hence my comment about compensation. 

8 hours ago, djayz said:

Children shouldn't be allowed around dangerous machines or factories in general... The lack of care for human life and basic safety standards here is truly appalling. 

So young and left maimed for life. 

I sincerely hope he is a bright lad who is good in school. Otherwise his future could be quite bleak. 

i am not familiar with this specific type of machine but no manufacturer today makes such potentially dangerous equipment without safety devices installed. An investigation in the US would include determining if such a safety device had been removed from this machine and someone would be charged with "criminal negligence". That is how workplace injuries are prevented.

Combined with education of the employees making them aware of dangerous practices and immediate termination of employment if found to disregard these practices willfully. 

The poor kid is seriously handicapped now and his ability to earn a future livelihood severely limited. All because of the prevailing attitude that IS Thailand.

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Within hours of a news article like this in the US there would be 100's ofpersonal injury attorneys offering to take the case for only a percentage of the payout...and it would be millions of dollars.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

IMO , The Policeman isnt laughing or smiling at all .

Its a serious sad commiserations, grimacing  kind of look .

And you despise ALL Thais because you think one Policeman is smiling !!!!!

Whether or not he is smiling--and I think he is--I don't see any reason to take such a picture and provide it to the media. There is no reason to 'despise' Thais, but we can be critical of what we see here...

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

You would think the dumb ass would get that out of there and take it to the hospital, I bet the doctor would like to have it not to mention the boy. 

Doesn't look like there's much they could do with what is remaining there..

5 minutes ago, Docno said:

Doesn't look like there's much they could do with what is remaining there..

Yes there is. My 86 year old boss cut his thumb off at the first knuckle in a power saw, he picked it up and drove himself to the hospital, they said they couldn't put it back on, so he cussed at them a bit and grabbed his thumb and brought it to his HVAC shop where I worked and told us to duct tape it on. So we did, this was over an hour after he cut it off, a month later he came to the shop showing off his thumb fully intact. Looked good but of course he couldn't bend it. A year later he cut his arm off in the same saw, the hospital put that back on. Thats forty years ago.

9 hours ago, djayz said:

Children shouldn't be allowed around dangerous machines or factories in general... The lack of care for human life and basic safety standards here is truly appalling. 

So young and left maimed for life. 

I sincerely hope he is a bright lad who is good in school. Otherwise his future could be quite bleak. 

He is 16.  Many kids in developed countries are working at that age.

18 minutes ago, Docno said:

Whether or not he is smiling--and I think he is--I don't see any reason to take such a picture and provide it to the media. There is no reason to 'despise' Thais, but we can be critical of what we see here...

Listen , HE . the Policeman  didnt take the photo and provide it to the media, the media took the photo themselves , like, reporters .  

That is the nature of reporters, to report  news stories and take photographs and its natural to try to smile when you photograph is being taken .

What kind of face do you suggest that the Policeman tries to pull ?

3 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Yes there is. My 86 year old boss cut his thumb off at the first knuckle in a power saw, he picked it up and drove himself to the hospital, they said they couldn't put it back on, so he cussed at them a bit and grabbed his thumb and brought it to his HVAC shop where I worked and told us to duct tape it on. So we did, this was over an hour after he cut it off, a month later he came to the shop showing off his thumb fully intact. Looked good but of course he couldn't bend it. A year later he cut his arm off in the same saw, the hospital put that back on. Thats forty years ago.

A clean slice is often able to be reattached but this type of injury where the appendage is basically ground up is not very successful with reattachment. 

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

A clean slice is often able to be reattached but this type of injury where the appendage is basically ground up is not very successful with reattachment. 

I would think there might be a tendon in there they could use, and if they didn't, I'd be out a couple pints of gas.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

Did he ever get around to cutting his head off with said power saw

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Within hours of a news article like this in the US there would be 100's ofpersonal injury attorneys offering to take the case for only a percentage of the payout...and it would be millions of dollars.

It was his mother's dicing machine, so maybe your remark isn't called for in these circumstances.

Edited by Xircal