Side Effects of Marrying a Much Older Man

eldragon

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most of the younger Thai girls who marry older falangs are not sacrificing a glitter career ahead of them in order to do so .

They will never be self sufficient professionals, working as a cashier in 7/11 on minimum wage is even beyond their expectations in life .

Most of them will either sit all day long in their bamboo hut in their village , caring for her Thai son whilst her whisky drinking Thai bf is out in the fields earning a few baht or she can spend years in a bikini dancing around a pole in Pattaya .

The lucky few will meet a well off older felang who can and will provide for her, She will have a nice house and will never have to work again .

She will go from street class to middle class over night , she goes from the bottom rung of the ladder to half way up it over night .

It is quite unfair for all the girls who studied hard at school, went to uni and then settled for a menial job and theres Mrs felangs boyfreind with everything without any effort from her part .

Young  rich guys have no interest in the lower class girls 

Good point. I forgot to mention both the women I referred to in the OP had Bachelor's degrees and relatively good jobs. I also know of a couple other, similarly educated young ladies who seem determined to make the same mistake, dating guys 20 years older than them and making plans to wed soon. I guess that's irrelevant though, as what you described is probably the case more times than not.

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most of the younger Thai girls who marry older falangs are not sacrificing a glitter career ahead of them in order to do so .

They will never be self sufficient professionals, working as a cashier in 7/11 on minimum wage is even beyond their expectations in life .

Most of them will either sit all day long in their bamboo hut in their village , caring for her Thai son whilst her whisky drinking Thai bf is out in the fields earning a few baht or she can spend years in a bikini dancing around a pole in Pattaya .

The lucky few will meet a well off older felang who can and will provide for her, She will have a nice house and will never have to work again .

She will go from street class to middle class over night , she goes from the bottom rung of the ladder to half way up it over night .

It is quite unfair for all the girls who studied hard at school, went to uni and then settled for a menial job and theres Mrs felangs boyfreind with everything without any effort from her part .

Young  rich guys have no interest in the lower class girls 

Lots of girls in Isaan, never were able to finish school due to having to work in the fields to survive

Many never had the chance to go or the money to pay for Uni

As stated, these girls have zero future. No Thai with any worth wants to marry an Isaan girl that works in the fields.

It is a dead end, hopeless life

Those that I know that married farangs, it gave them pride and self-worth. Many do an excellent job with the house and family.

I do not see it as unfair. People of all walks of life come to Thailand and get married.

Is it destiny for 2 people of such different backgrounds to find each other in rural Thailand?

Girls that go to Uni are just that. They fall in love with their same age boyfriends, never realizing years later, or when they get pregnant and their BF runs off, that their education is not worth the paper it is written on.

We just had some Thai friends  visit us last week in Florida USA.

The wife is one of those bleached white, have to be white to be important type of Thai's from Thammasart Uni.

She was shocked when we went to the beach and she saw all the sexy, fit, girls with their dark tans.

When told no one likes "white as ghost" girls here, she was absolutely shocked and had no idea.

Uni girls are the main victims of international marketing and materialism. Have to have the skin bleachers, Iphones, etc.

They are victims of their own education which they do not realize until they have made stupid mistakes with BF's their own age, that they will never be able to earn enough to do anything but live in a flat and survive.

• Like 1

"I know two Thai girls that recently divorced much older men, both foreigners "

Although it is quite common for people to get divorced, whether they are foreigners, Thai, old or young or a combination .

Its very rare for a person to go through life and stay with the same partner forever , breaking up and divorce is sadly part of most peoples lives . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Now, be honest, you wouldnt be extremely rich would you .

If you actually have, then you really need to stop listening to younger girls conversions .

I have been in and around the bar trade since 1991, even the girls I met as friends would tell me direct, rather than me overhearing them telling someone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

"I know two Thai girls that recently divorced much older men, both foreigners "

Although it is quite common for people to get divorced, whether they are foreigners, Thai, old or young or a combination .

Its very rare for a person to go through life and stay with the same partner forever , breaking up and divorce is sadly part of most peoples lives . 

That's true. But the ones who married someone they loved at the time can at least say they gave love a chance. I don't know about you, but if I passed up love for some kind of opportunity, I'd regret it for the rest of my life.

3 minutes ago, pigeonjake said:

same old members bringing up the same old s££t, i wish some would find a lady might stop them posting the same old rubbish,

i wrote in another thread, im 56 still work, still fit, not out of shape, my wife is 30

i said in the other thread my wife has everything, nice house, very sucsesfull pig farm make between 60k and 90k a month, could be more if we also started selling feed as we buy that direct from the mill at a fraction of the price of the feed shops,

she has all she could ever want in life, 3 bueatiful children, like i say a nice house, nice garden, business, car, tractor,(ok thats mine,)lol, we have a great life together, im due home 31st, been in scotland on an oil refinery, yes i still go all over to work, ive got children to think of and i like to get away to have the craic with the lads, something ive allways done,

so why is my wife with me if she dosnt love me,?

she could end it tomorow and be made for life, as she would have the business and i would always support my children,

Do you think this is definitely the case for every young woman who married an older man? Can you imagine a scenario where a girl was only with a man for opportunity and was left emotionally damaged b/c she wasted her youthful years on him?

2 hours ago, eldragon said:

Do you think this is definitely the case for every young woman who married an older man? Can you imagine a scenario where a girl was only with a man for opportunity and was left emotionally damaged b/c she wasted her youthful years on him?

i would of thought they would be more emotionally damaged by some greedy no good parents sending them to sell there snatch then marrying an old falang who has taken care of them for a number of years,

married life with a thai lady can be very good, but! you must set ground rules, some dont mind giving to family, im of the opinion that ive worked hard for what i have in this life and so does my wife, she now understands that nothing in this life is free,

i do understand were your coming from just ive never seen it, mind i dont think there is a girl from our village at it, could be wrong but i havent heard of one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khunpa said:

Yes, those relationships are found all over the world and if financial happiness is important for the woman, then that is fine. But it still does not change the fact, that if she had her financial issues covered, then she would most likely choose someone closer to her own age. 

What people do, is their business. I am just stating the facts.... which are that, in these relationships MONEY is often the main and only factor. 

People can have sex with who they want. I dont care and it is their personal choice. I just dont believe, that it does not effect peoples lives deep down. I for sure, would feel like SXXT, if I had to do stuff that fundamentally is totally against, what I would concede as normal for me.

On the other hand, if I was offered e.g. 5 mill USD to have sex with an old bag, then I would properly do it. But I would also puke the rest of my life thinking about it and would properly start doing drugs, just to get the mental picture out of my head

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

There are young married ladies around bars ?

If young married ladies are hanging around bars, it would be quite clear that her marriage isnt going too well

Let's put this in perspective.

In the early 90's, most older men met their younger spouse in a Thai bar, even internet dating, which I am not a fan of, but that's another subject, was not around. Most of the girl's only friends at the time, were fellow bar workers, and the elder farang had no real intention of making a new life in the boondocks, so they decided to settle in a more touristy town. A cheap, registry office type wedding, and now they are an item, she for financial benefit, and he for the trophy bride. No love on her part, and probably only lust on his side, but he falls for the BS lies about her loving him.

This might not be as common now, but I still see,and hear, a lot of it now, even in the rural areas.

Age is just a number and going on them is a Western hangup,you can have a young 40,50,60-year old etc. or an old,grumpy 20,30-something etc!

Plus most of the World's beautiful women prefer older guys because they're sick of guys their age drooling all over them constantly Catherine Zeta Jones,Grace Kelly,Marilyn Monroe etc. I can't be bothered to look them up to list them!

Besides if you want to have kids at 50 or even 40 a woman your own age just doesn't have the equipment unfortunately,plus with a younger wife when the Father passes away the Mother will still be around for many years which is great for the kids there are many advantages.

Edited by Mekong Thunder
add a space!