Yingluck targeted with Bt36-bn asset seizure order

webfact

RICE SCANDAL

Yingluck targeted with Bt36-bn asset seizure order

THE NATION 

30297270-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- THE FINANCE MINISTRY is set to issue an administrative order for former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to pay civil damages of Bt35.7 billion allegedly incurred from her government’s rice-pledging scheme.

The amount was determined by a government-appointed committee headed by Comptroller-General Manas Jamveha. 

It accounts for 20 per cent of the estimated total damages stemming from the corruption-plagued project.

According to the standard procedures, Yingluck will be given 30 days after getting the administrative order to pay the damages. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-targeted-with-Bt36-bn-asset-seizure-order-30297270.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Yingluck I'don't spend much lest and ask someone to "remove" a few unelected people, permanently, by whatever means they want.

No that I'don't ever sanction violence :rolleyes:

Edited by Rorri

41 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The clowns in power are saying to Yingluk we can and will chase you and destroy you.

They are forgetting the fact that millions of Thais support her and her brother.

You mean those people who sell their votes for 500 baht?

If and when PTP get back into power I suppose  the calculators will be out to tot up all the money wasted etc by the junta and there's plenty ammunition available, the last couple of weeks being a case in point.

The Thai political merry-go-round and internecine dog fight stops for nothing but at least it's all in the name of and the interests of the people.

46 minutes ago, Intensified said:

^^^ absolutly 100% they are not forgetting that millions of thai people support her, in fact ,ide say completly the opposite.

I can't wait until they prove her family's connections to Siam Indica and jail her for corruption. Those that thought the Shinawatras were too rich to be corrupt were sadly deluded.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

You mean those people wo sell their votes for 500 baht?

These actuations run rampant but even VOA says her election was an honest one.  And yes she was elected by the masses, so she does have political power and it grows everyday.  The rice pledge was a really bad idea as was the coup.  The coup has done far more harm than good to the average Thai, even compared the rice scheme.   The only difference is the elected are being unfairly prosecuted, while the unelected are well beyond justice of any kind. 

3 hours ago, nev said:

That is some serious money, no slap on the wrist for her, I expect the vast majority of her wealth is off shore and untouchable.

All during her PM tenure I am sure that big brother helped her hide her assets offshore as alluded to above. This judgement will never be collected and satisfied.

12 hours ago, nev said:

That is some serious money, no slap on the wrist for her, I expect the vast majority of her wealth is off shore and untouchable.

Then she would probably be put away in prison somewhere, 1 day in prison counts for 150 or 200 Baht so 36 billion means at least  180,000,000 days or 493,150 years... maybe she get out after at least 50% of the time.

26 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Then she would probably be put away in prison somewhere, 1 day in prison counts for 150 or 200 Baht so 36 billion means at least  180,000,000 days or 493,150 years... maybe she get out after at least 50% of the time.

Doubt we get that far after she won the appeal with the Adminstrative Court. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

These actuations run rampant but even VOA says her election was an honest one.  And yes she was elected by the masses, so she does have political power and it grows everyday.  The rice pledge was a really bad idea as was the coup.  The coup has done far more harm than good to the average Thai, even compared the rice scheme.   The only difference is the elected are being unfairly prosecuted, while the unelected are well beyond justice of any kind. 

she does have political power and it grows everyday. 

dreamer. Wishful thinking of people who call corruption democracy

I have to admit that in a country with deeply ingrained corruption there still might be parts of the electorate who would wish her and her clan back in power - but not because they would prefer democracy

Edited by sweatalot

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

The VOA weren't in our village where many of the older people who couldn't read or write were led into the polling booth and given 100 Baht for putting their thumbprint on a certain place.   Don't be fooled by what you read, get out there and see things for yourself.

8 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

she does have political power and it grows everyday. 

dreamer. Wishful thinking of people who call corruption democracy

She was elected.  If she was not fulfilling her promises to the people, she would then loose an election.  Deposing an elected government is the worst thing that can be done.   You fail due process, universal suffrage and the people as a whole.  

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

You mean those people who sell their votes for 500 baht?

Both sides guilty of vote buying. Don't take my words. That's what Korn and Alongkorn, ex-Dem Party deputy leaders have said. So pretty much level playing field on that front. At some stage, you got to let this go. Not good for your mental state. 

3 hours ago, halloween said:

I can't wait until they prove her family's connections to Siam Indica and jail her for corruption. Those that thought the Shinawatras were too rich to be corrupt were sadly deluded.

My gut reaction is that one way or other other she is going down, and ultimatly she'll end up with or like her brother, the longer it takes 

the more she'll have sqiurreled away.

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

did i read it right. they want her to pay 35 billion but her listed assets are less than a billion? time to get out of town.

Yes but they know the Shins often have a little difficulty with numbers, remembering things, and are very generous to drivers, maids and gardeners!

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes but they know the Shins often have a little difficulty with numbers, remembering things, and are very generous to drivers, maids and gardeners!

yes but the fine is almost 70 times more than her listed wealth. if she pays it she is going to prove herself guilty of lying about her wealth.

26 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

She was elected.  If she was not fulfilling her promises to the people, she would then loose an election.  Deposing an elected government is the worst thing that can be done.   You fail due process, universal suffrage and the people as a whole.  

But being elected and then handing all power and decision making to your criminal brother is o k? Acting illegally is o k?

I am a little bit confused, if the rice pledging scheme was so massively corrupt as stated; where are all the arrests of all corrupt officials involved????

I'm not saying there was no corruption, but it seems strange that one single person seem to be targeted when everyone knows how these things work in reality, everyone from the top to bottom is involved in many different kinds and levels of corruption when it comes to these schemes, which have come and gone under different governments again and again, solely for the reason that it is so easy to extract corruption money from them...