Monk arrested as six year old boy murdered and sodomized in Khon Kaen

webfact

On 12/10/2016 at 2:57 PM, Kiwiken said:

I am sorry but Paedophile's regardless of Race creed or colour deserve only a 9mm anaesthethic . It you think thrapy or Monkhood cures them then you should look at recidivsm rates.

Get rid of them day one and they cannot reoffend. 

For those of you who like to attack the Buddhist Faith it is not a religion but a Philosphy. If the first 5 precepts were actually followed such things would diminish.

Religion may be a curse but faith is a basic human need.

Buddhism is a religion, especially the set up in Thailand. 

Absolutely not a philosophy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnniey said in post no.117:-

"Wow, what a generalization! How long have you been a retired happy expat here to have such insight into what Thais think?

What really makes me laugh is your last part. Are you serious in thinking we ex-pats despise Buddhist monks?"

Well, I am glad that at least I made you laugh.  I can only say in reply that, I had the utmost respect for all monks when I came to live in Thailand 13 years ago, but having read numerous accounts of corruption and depravity by many monks since then, (including one involving a couple of million bahts and others relating to the Tiger temple and vintage cars) I and, according to many posts on this site, which you appear not to have read, many other ex-pats  have lost all faith in them.  How are Thais supposed to distinguish the good from the bad when the young are indoctrinated into placing full trust in them?

I feel similarly about Catholic priests of the faith in which I was brought up.  As I said, I believe in the concepts of Buddhism but often only see people giving lip service to it.   

On 10/12/2016 at 2:57 PM, Kiwiken said:

I am sorry but Paedophile's regardless of Race creed or colour deserve only a 9mm anaesthethic . It you think thrapy or Monkhood cures them then you should look at recidivsm rates.

Get rid of them day one and they cannot reoffend. 

For those of you who like to attack the Buddhist Faith it is not a religion but a Philosphy. If the first 5 precepts were actually followed such things would diminish.

Religion may be a curse but faith is a basic human need.

Im 100% with you on the need for drastic action to prevent recidivism..... but.... personally, I want the buggerers to suffer (a lot) before passing on... a 9 mm is to fast

Perhaps broken on a wheel, medieval style... monks used to like condemning people to that, ironically, for similar crimes.

3 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Johnniey said in post no.117:-

"Wow, what a generalization! How long have you been a retired happy expat here to have such insight into what Thais think?

What really makes me laugh is your last part. Are you serious in thinking we ex-pats despise Buddhist monks?"

Well, I am glad that at least I made you laugh.  I can only say in reply that, I had the utmost respect for all monks when I came to live in Thailand 13 years ago, but having read numerous accounts of corruption and depravity by many monks since then, (including one involving a couple of million bahts and others relating to the Tiger temple and vintage cars) I and, according to many posts on this site, which you appear not to have read, many other ex-pats  have lost all faith in them.  How are Thais supposed to distinguish the good from the bad when the young are indoctrinated into placing full trust in them?

I feel similarly about Catholic priests of the faith in which I was brought up.  As I said, I believe in the concepts of Buddhism but often only see people giving lip service to it.   

You said, "we ex-pats (or at least many of us) distrust and despise them."  

I certainly don't and in my 31 years here don't have any expat friends who despise monks. There are a few rogue ones, granted, but there are lots of very devout, compassionate, revered monks, many of whom have been my friends and do a LOT of good in the community.

I've spent time in temples here and would much rather form an opinion on a group of people by living among them and not  by reading a forum on the internet. I assume you haven't.

Do you despise all Catholic priests? Surely most are good men.

I disagree that all Thais are indoctrinated into fully trusting monks. I think they know there are the odd ones.